considering

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

The white ceiling was the first thing Hana saw upon opening her eyes. She sighed, she was in a hospital bed again. Pushing herself up, the girl scanned her surroundings, looking for that familiar backside but found none. 

Great, just great. She mused inside her head. 

Soon, the person she was looking for went inside the room with a surprised look in his face. 

"Noona, you're awake." 

Yuto muttered, approaching the bedside table. He lowered the fruits and a piece of paper which he assumed as a prescription on top of it. 

"Yeah, awake." She repeated, not at all looking at the younger. Her gaze fixed on the hands playing on top of the blankets. 

The guy studied her every movement. Realizing that she was dead set on keeping herself silent, he decided to be the one to tell her, rather than waiting for her to ask him. 

"The doctor said that you're fine. You just had a panic attack probably because of stress. He has already prescribed you with calming pills—"

"Can we go home now?" She asked instead, still not sparing her brother a glance. 

"We can. In the afternoo—"

"Let's go home now." She cut him off. She looked at Yuto finally, pleading with her eyes. "Why though?" 

"Let's just go home!" She snarled and the guy was shocked. She sighed, seeing his surprised state. 

Never had he saw his sister acting like that so saying that he was surprised was an understatement. 

"I'm sorry. But please, just bring me home for now."

"I'll tell the staffs on the ground floor." The youngest of the Adachis announced meekly, turning on his heels. 

When Hana was left alone in the hospital room, she had only one thing running on her mind. 

She knew that the premonition earlier was a pigment of her memories.

Her memories. She badly needs to remember her past.

--

Reaching home that noon, Hana did not waste any more time. The moment Yuto went out to deliver the repaired clothes, Hana went out the house with only one destination in mind after searching for the credit card she kept inside her cabinet. 

Taking off the bus that stopped in front of the huge building, Hana heaved a deep sigh. She looked up at the skyscraper with determination in her eyes before stepping towards the entrance of the company. 

--

"Excuse me, miss. But do you perhaps have an appointment?" The receptionist asked Hana the moment she spotted the lady walking around aimlessly. 

"Uh..." She started awkwardly, looking for that short figure and huge eyes. "I was waiting for someone." She answered. 

She had made her way past the glass gates by swiping the calling card given by Do Kyungsoo but now she seemed to be lost. 

Just where should she go from here?

"She's with me!" 

Both heads turned to the direction of the voice and the receptionist was quick to offer a polite bow at the owner of the voice. 

Upon hearing a deep voice from her left, Hana immediately whipped her head to see Do Kyungsoo smiling at her timidly. Instead of returning it, she regarded the shorter with a polite bow. 

"Thank you for making that call." 

--

Earlier that day, HJD CLOTHING LINE was holding an emergency meeting because the sales had been reportedly dropping by a lot the last few weeks. 

As such, all directors as well as the designers were called on to discuss preventive measures and remedies for the upcoming bankrupcy. 

Chanyeol listened as several directors droned on and on about reliving previous designs that was once 'clicked' in public and others sharing their insights and opinions about the idea, making him roll his eyes. 

Are they seriously that useless? No wonder they could never win against White Swan. He crossed his arms, sighing heavily.

He eyed the CEO's son behind the podium. He seemed to be taking in consideration the options presented by the directors but he seemed to be hesitating. 

The talk goes on until Do Kyungsoo introduced the newly hired fashion designer formally which earned murmurs and whispers from the participants of the meeting. 

The two guys ignored this nevertheless continuing on their meeting. The youngest, Kim Jongin could only gawk at the scene unfolding. He sighed before slamming his fist on the table once. 

"Can't we focus just this once?"

This successfully silenced the hall and Do Kyungsoo spoke again. 

"Our newly hired designer Mr. Park Chanyeol here will be responsible for nest month's issue. He will be preparing for less than a month only so I hope you support him with all you've got." He explained which automatically earned protest from the other directors

"But sir, he was from the rivaling company! What if he betray us?!" 

"Isn't he the one in the news? How come we'll be working with him?"

Kyungsoo sighed before slamming both palms on the podium, catching everybody else's attention. 

"I believe his personal life doesn't have something to do with his work." He explains but still another brave soul from the crowd spoke up. 

"Why him though? Consider the issues and the fact that he's from White Swan? He can't possibly beat the Secret Weapon right? Not unless if he really is the one." 

"Please think rational about this, Mr Do. The best remedy as of the moment is to relive the old designs." 

This finally got Kyungsoo thinking. "I'll think about it." He mumbled. "For now, the meeting's adjourned. Have a good day ahead."

One by, one, directors and employees left the room. Kyungsoo and his younger friend started fixing their stuffs as well. Seeing this, Chanyeol knew that it's his chance to get things straight now. 

"Do kyungsoo-ssi." He called and the shorter immediately looked up, raising his brows at the taller after scanning their surroundings. 

Jongin though, was quick to interfere. "Hey, that's sir for you—" his words were cut shirt however when the shorter just raise his hand in front of him. "It's fine."

"Hey..." The youngest of the three trailed off.

"What's your deal, really?" Chanyeol asked. "Obviously, you know about the news right? So why bother hiring me here, huh?" He muttered sarcastically, shooting the shortest a pointed look. 

Jongin, too found himself curious at what made the older hire the rival's designer so he ended up listening to what the CEO's son has to answer.

"We have a bet, right?" Do Kyungsoo answered with another question instead. The youngest tried his best to not roll his eyes at the older but did anyway. 

Really,why are people so fond of playing the mysterious guys?

Chanyeol caught sight of the other guy's reaction so he smirked. "Yeah,we do. Why?" 

"Win the bet and I'll tell you." 

"Why not tell me now? I'm pretty sure that I'll win the runway next month anyway." 

Kyungsoo glowered at Chanyeol. "So cocky, aren't we? How can you be so sure that you'll win?" He doesn't want to admit it, but the taller's arrogance starts to take it's toll in him finally. 

"Well, because WS doesn't have their secret weapon anymore." He shrugged. This made the shortest of the three frown even more while the youngest could only widen his eyes. 

"Are you perhaps..." Jongin started but was cut off when Kyungsoo's phone started ringing. 

"Say it," Kyungsoo mused the same time Chanyeol said "your phone." 

"Ignore it." The CEO's son said and Jongin was quick to slap a hand in his back. "Just answer it, dang it!" He whined. 

--

Hana and Kyungsoo proceeded to the company's garden to talk. They were walking side by side, the guy taking note of how awkward they were being when they used to be so clingy just by walking. 

"So, have you thought about it finally?" He asked upon reaching a bench at the center of the garden. He ushered for her to sit down and she gladly do so.  "Thank you," she muttered. 

"About what you told me before." She started, playing with her fingers on her lap." He nodded. Seeing that she probably can't see him, he answered a small 'yes'.

"I think, I'm considering working with you to regain my memories," she squeaked in a small voice but he heard it clearly. He can't help but grin boyishly upon hearing her. 

"Really?" He asked disbelieving and she nodded meekly. His grin turned wider and he sat down beside her in excitement, grabbing hold of her hands. She looked up at him in surprise, "I'll make sure you'll remember everything! Thank you for trusting me!" 

"S–sure," she smiled a little. 

--

The two taller guys were left alone after the shortest went to answer the call, the younger giving him pointed looks. 

Park Chanyeol shot him a bored look, mouthing a 'what?' arrogantly.

Kim Jongin crossed his arms on top of his chest. "You've got some explaining to do."

The older frowned at this, are they friends? They not so why was this kid acting all familiar.

"You're the Secret Weapon, aren't you?" Jongin was so proud at his self when he noticed Chanyeol shutting his mouth shut. 

"I'm right, aren't I?" He smirked when he noticed the irritated look on the older's face. 

"I didn't say you're wrong," Chanyeol grumbled. "Stop smiling! It's irritating!" 

For the first time in years, Park Chanyeol felt himself irritated at someone other than girls.

--

Apparently, Kim Jongin let Park Chanyeol off the hook after that conversation. Craving for pastries, the twenty six year old fashion designer decided to leave the premises to visit the newly opened cafe at the side of the company. 

He was on his way when he reached the garden and a familiar backside caught his attention.

Hana? 

Soon, the girl sat on the bench beside her and that's when Do Kyungsoo's face came to view. He frowned, do they know each other—

His eyes widen in shock remembering the earlier talks with the girl, about the guy who she met at the cafe in their neighborhood. 

"His name is Do Kyungsoo..."

"Should I call him?"

Come to think of it, she did mention the guy's name back at the rooftop. He knew that something was fishy with the guy. But after the orientation the other day, he thought that Do Kyungsoo was after him. 

Everything was clear to him now. 

All of a sudden, the short guy sat down beside Hana and quickly took hold of both her hands, speaking excitedly. 

Do Kyungsoo's target wasn't him. He just happened to be the one closest to her. 

It was Song Yejeong.

~end of chapter 20~

A/N: aaaaand that wraps up Chapter 20. I've cleared most of the misunderstanding now, hehet X3

Also I've made Do Kyungsoo's intentions clearer now, and Jongin's character was developed a little in here XD. Only ChenChen's character is a bit vague now, hihi. But don't worry, I'm going to add more to his character. ;) 

Chanyeol finally remembered the talk few weeks ago, and can remember that Do Kyungsoo was the guy Yejeong met. How will he react now? What will he do now that Kyungsoo and Hana finally talked officially?

I'm including other characters on the next chapters so stay tuned haha