Im Sua

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

Hana broke through the door of the police station, obviously exhausted from all the possible running she did earlier. 

"Oh, Hana. It was you." Officer Kim was shocked to see the girl at their doorstep, panting. 

"Y-yes, it was me." She smiled a little before crouching down on the floor, alarming the police officers at the quarters. 

"Hana-yah!" 

She immediately raised her right hand up before soft giggles left . 

"I'm fine, Junmyeon-oppa." She raised her head to flash him a sincere smile. "I was just happy being here." She looked down at her feet shyly. "Have you discovered who I am now?" She asked curiously, looking up at the two Kims.

"Well..."

--

"Okay..." Hana mumbled, as she browsed at the files compiled by Minseok as the possible leads to finding out who she really is. 

"Look at this one," Minseok called her. "These are the list of girls that was reported missing in Jeju office, but none of them looked like you."  She nodded, waiting for him to continue. 

"So whether we like it or not, we're supposed to cross out Jeju Island from the lead. Is that okay?" 

She pouted a little, looking disheartened. "It's okay. Do that, oppa."

Junmyeon studied the two before seating down on the other side of the girl. 

"Hana-yah..." He started. The girl looked at him, still pouting. He reached for the list of missing girls in Jeju and studied it himself. 

"Minseok-hyung is right. Don't you think we're supposed to cross out Jeju Island from the choices? Listen, you speak without the Island's accent, so I think you're not from Jeju." He concluded. With this, the girl's brows raised in agreement. "You're right." She mumbled. 

"The Adachis found you on January 15, 2013 you say, right?" 

"Neh. At Jeju Island." 

Minseok nodded. "What if you were actually a tourist at Jeju? What do you think?" 

Junmyeon stopped studying the list. "What were you wearing again? When you woke up at the shore?" 

"Excuse me?" 

"Your clothes. What were you wearing?" 

"Well, I was wearing a pink dress. And I have a pair of pearl earrings and a heart-shaped pendant." She tried her best to recall the time she woke up. "Also!" She exclaimed. "I was wearing only one white stilleto. That's all." 

The officers nodded in understanding. Minseok turned to the girl once more. "But may I ask, if you don't mind."

"What is it?" She asked. "What made you look for your past just now. After 6 years?"

She smiled shyly before looking down once more. "Well, you see. I've started having dreams. And in those dreams, I'm seeing some people. Sometimes only the face of a guy smiling fondly at me, sometimes a face if a middle-aged woman. Sometimes crowd, cheering for me as if I were on a runway. And then there were times when I dream of someone chasing after me." She explained slowly. "But every time when I woke up, I cannot remember their faces." She chuckled, embarrassed. 

Minseok patted her back good-naturedly. "Everything will be alright." Junmyeon said. 

She smiled. "Thank you." 

--

"How would you like to pay?" The cashier asked Chanyeol after placing the item of his purchase on top of the counter. 

"I'll pay using my card."

"Neh."

The ringing of his phone caught the male's attention. "For a while," he told the cashier, smiling a little. 

"Hello?" He started. He tried not to sound so irritated. 

"Chanyeol! Aren't you going home?" 

He rolled his eyes. "No. Happy now?" 

He heard huffing from the other line. "What? No! You need to go home or I'm telling dad! You'll regret this." 

Chanyeol smiled cheekily. "Okay, you tell Mister Im we're over." Then his smile got wiped off his face. 

"Chanyeol" she whined. "It's just a petty fight, okay? Just go home. Or you'll regret it. Should I make you remember how dad helped you get in your position right now?" 

"Wow, really." Chanyeol breathed in frustration. "I really thought that you were something. And I was right. You really are something, Im Sua. Should I make you remember how I helped you get in your position right now?" He smirked. "Go on, tell Mister Im we're over, because we are." 

And he ended the call. He sighed, before the cashier calling his attention make him turn to the worker. 

"I'm sorry sir, but your card isn't working." 

"Excuse me?"

The cashier showed him the card machine, indeed it was not working. "Uh, try using this one instead." 

"OK, sir." 

"Uh, sir. This isn't working as well." 

"What?" 

"I'm sorry sir." The cashier bowed lightly at him.

You'll regret this. 

He sighed. "I'll pay in cash instead." 

--

Chanyeol frowned deeply when he saw some workers going in and out his condo unit carrying boxes and setting them down in a cart. 

"What are you doing?!" His deep voice boomed through the hall as he ran towards his place. 

"Hey, hey stop whatever you're doing. I said stop it!" He exclaimed pushing down some of the boxes the workers were carrying. 

"We're sorry, Chanyeol-ssi. It was the chairman's orders. We're sorry." 

"What?" He frowned. Not long after, Im Sua emerged from his unit. She smiled at him sweetly before speaking. "Hello, Oppa." 

Chanyeol glared at her. "What's this?" 

The girl shrugged. "Too bad, dad is a man of his words. I told him what you did to me and he acted without thinking much." She sighed. "What a pity. Should I convince him to accept you again? All you need to do is go home and you'll get back your unit and your cards."

Chanyeol's frown deepened. "Are you blackmailing me?" 

Sua crossed her arms over her chest. "Blackmail?" She laughed. "I'm actually bribing you. You're so obsessed with winning, right? Without me, your works would never come to life, Park Chanyeol-ssi." She stopped when she heard laughter coming from the tall guy in front of her. 

"You're funny, Sua-yah." He wiped fake tears in his eyes while clutching his stomach. The girl raised her left brow. "Too bad, I'm a man of my words, as well." Chanyeol straightened up his back to look at the girl seriously. 

"Forget it. I'm not coming back to you. Go tell your daddy we're over. Thank you for taking care of me for 6 years." He Bowed at the girl 90 degrees before leaving her behind. 

She scoffed. "What the-Yah! Park Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol reached for something in his pockets before turning around and tossed something towards the girl's direction. 

In her surprise and as a reflex, Sua reached out for the key that he tossed. 

"That's the spare key, by the way. Just in case you might not be able to open because of the password." Then he turned to leave. 

"Yah, Park Chanyeol!" She screamed, only to be answered with a wave of his hand. 

"Aissh."

--

"Come on Baek, just this one time." Chanyeol was the one to whine this time. 

"No. What would I do with your car? I have my own!" Baekhyun responded from the other line. "Just go home, Yeol. Then this will all be over."

Chanyeol sighed. "Baek, you do know that I hate being manhandled, right? So why are you taking her side?-"

"Whoa. Am I taking her side?"  Baekhyun sounded actually offended. Chanyeol could imagine his hand on top of his chest if he was in front of him. Chanyeol smiled unconsciously.

"If only you witness how she yells at me for taking your side. You'll regret doing this to me Yeol."

Chanyeol chuckled. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. But Baek, please, I need a place to crash right now. Just this once okay?" 

Baekhyun sighed frustratingly on the other line. "Issues?" 

"What?"

"Are you seriously stupid, or what? Do you want me to buy your car or what? What are your car's issues?"

"Oh." Chanyeol responded. He smiled widely, finally. "There' no issues. None at all. Also, Baek, I'm not selling it. I'm only pawning it to you."

"Yeah, yeah. Pawning, whatever. Make sure you pay me Yeol, I'm not looking for another car. I'll haunt you down when I die if you won't be paying me."

"I'll pay. Someday. Thank you Baek!" 

And the line went dead. 

"What the..." Baekhyun looked at his phone only to see that his friend has already ended the call. He tossed his phone on the chair beside him then leaned on his chair to blow a puff of air. 

A few seconds later, his phone rang. He checked the caller ID only to have him pull his hair in pure frustration. 

Im Sua.

~end of chapter 2~