Novice

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

Hana shook nervously as she sat along with Chanyeol on the waiting room. The two both have a number 26 stuck on their shirts as their official candidate number. 

Chanyeol noticed this and regarded the girl a look that screams, 'are you crazy?!' To which the girl only responded with an awkward smile. 

Chanyeol turned to the end of the line then drummed his fingers on his lap to entertain himself. Not long after, he heard continous sighing from his side so he turned to his companion. 

"Are you really that nervous?" He asked, incredulous. He knows something is wrong with the girl's mind, but shouldn't she be somewhat familiar with this kind of setting? Shouldn't she be at least used to this kind of environment? There's no use feeling nervous. 

Hana nodded once before looking at him. "Yeah. But you can't blame me. This will be my first time doing this, so I don't know anything." She argued. 

"Whatever." Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Just remember what we practiced weeks ago." He ended. 

--

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol!" Hana climbed upstairs shouting the tall guy's name. Reaching the top she immediately beamed seeing the guy she was screaming the name just now. "Sorry I'm late," she said. 

Chanyeol just rolled his eyes at her. "Whatever. Just come here." He said. He subtly critiqued her attire. A white T-shirt and a red jogging pants. Not bad, actually, she just needs to be a little taller so it'll suit her better. "Okay!" The girl beamed. 

--

"Tell me what's the difference between ramp modelling and pageant." Chanyeol ordered, checking his nails for possible dirt. When the girl didn't answer, he looked up to see her smiling sheepishly, "you don't know?" She shook her head. He sighed before leaning away from the roof top's railing. 

"Here's the thing, in a pageant, you try to make yourself stand out. You do everything to make the people choose you. Now, in a ramp modelling, in a runway, you model the clothes you're wearing. You try to make people chose the garment you're wearing. Is that clear? Pageant means you and ramp modelling means the clothes." He walked towards her, positioning her arms right then pushed on her legs lightly. "Try to do an L pattern with your feet..." He mumbled. 

"Try doing an L pattern with your feet."

"Hana-ssi. Earth to, Hana." Hana looked up at the guy with wide eyes. Chanyeol noticed this then frowned at her. "Why?" He asked. She looked down then positioned her feet in an L pattern on her own. She looked back up at the guy again. 

"I think..." She started. Chanyeol raised his brows at her. "I've done this before." She ended. "Really?" Chanyeol inquired. 

She nodded. "You position your feet like this, and then you should held your head high." She looked down to fix her feet and then looked in front of her. "And then..." She mumbled. "You place your hands on both hips, smiling wide if you're staying still." She said. "But if you need to walk down the ramp, you let your hands fall, then start walking, based on how should the dress be carried." She said finally. 

Chanyeol studied the girl on his side. Hearing her saying things like those. She was surely Song Yejeong. 

--

"OK, candidate number 26, step up the stage, it's your turn." The emcee announced shortly showing Hana the way. She bowed lightly before turning her attention towards the tall guy again. "You can do this, fighting." Chanyeol chanted before nodding once and then lifted up his arms to show a banging position. Hana answered with a slight smile before releasing a deep sigh, climbing up the stage. 

--

Do kyungsoo sat comfortably on his chair, studying the designs by the participants. Everyone showed a unique design and he realized that the main reason why they were lagging behind White Swan. HJD Clothing Line doesn't have great designs at all. He sighed, it was such a good thing he decided to open up the competition. 

"That was candidate number 25, for the next Candidate, number 26, here comes Park Chanyeol and his model, Hana!" 

"Park Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo frowned. He leaned away from his chair and studied his portfolio. "Isn't he-"

"Sir?" He looked behind to see his secretary showing him a cellphone. "What is it?" He asked politely. "It's Starlight's manager. I guess they're finally accepting the deal to model for the next release of our school uniforms." He nodded then stood up, to take the call, leaving the vicinity not knowing that he was closest to seeing the one he's looking for. 

--

Hana stood on the center of the stage, exhaling and inhaling continuously as she clutched the side of her dress to lessen her nervousness. She studied the people in the venue, she don't think she can do this at all. From below the stage, Chanyeol looked up at the girl on the stage. She was Song Yejeong, she was supposed to get over the nervousness she's feeling. 

She closed her eyes before placing one hand on the front of her chest, calming her nerves. She positioned her feet in an L pattern, placed both her hands on her hips before she smiled brightly, finally taking one step at a time, just like how she used to, during the old times unknown to her. 

When she finally modelled down the ramp, she felt that familiar bliss she felt whenever she was doing runway modelling, the cheers from people and endless compliments from people on the side boost up her confidence as she continued walking towards the judges table, letting a sigh of relief. 

She stopped for a few seconds, looking at the judges before bowing just a little before finally turning around towards the end of the stage. Soon enough, her turn ended and that left people clapping and cheering for the novice model who acted more like an expert. 

Chanyeol too, raised his hands to clap at the job well done by his model. Hana climbed down the stairs approaching Chanyeol immediately. "I did it!" She said, unbelieving. The guy just nodded at her, smiling a little. 

"You did a great job." He said, smiling a little at her. 

Hana looked back up at the sea of people watching the runway with an exhilarated feeling inside. She couldn't quite pinpoint whatever she's feeling, but it somehow felt familiar, hearing the cheers from the people around, and the round of applause coming from the people made her feel lightheaded and excited. 

Everything felt familiar. 

--

"Chanyeol..." No answer.

"Chanyeol..." No answer.

"Yah, Park Chanyeol!!!" Hana yelled when she realised that the guy won't be stopping anytime soon. 

At this, Chanyeol stopped walking, and then looked behind him to see the girl frowning.

"What is it?" 

At this, Hana smiled sheepishly. "I'm hungry," she uttered. 

Chanyeol looked up as he blew a puff of air. Hana frowned again. 

"Come on. We did a great job, didn't we? We got passed the preliminary rounds. Shouldn't we go treat ourselves?" She complained. Chanyeol just looked at her unfazed. 

"Come on. Are you seriously just going to stare at me?!" She asked, incredulous. Woah, he's really something. 

If he will be an employer, all employees will never last long. 

"What do you want?" She heard him ask followed by a sigh.

She smiled beamingly at this, "Samgyeopsal!" 

-end of chapter 8-