Model?!

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

"What? Be your model?" Hana asked the guy in front incredulously. "Why would I?" 

Chanyeol tried not to roll his eyes. Uhh, because you used to do that before?

"Well, I'm actually on a pinch right now. I was kicked out of my job, so I can't hire a professional model to wear my works." He explained. 

The girl frowned, "still, why me? There are other girls in this neighborhood, you can ask them if you like."

Chanyeol lowered his head as he sighed. "Look, I don't know anyone in here. You're the first person I've met, so yeah." He looked at her expectantly. 

"I don't know, look. I'm not used to whatever it is that you're asking me. I don't think I've tried modeling before. I don't think I'm a good choice. Choose anyone else." She explained, trying to make her point clear to the guy. 

"You'll do great. Trust me!" Chanyeol once again looked at hr, determined to make this girl agree. 

Hana looked away, "let me... Think about it." She answered, finally meeting his eyes.

Chanyeol responded with a beaming smile at her. 

--

Hana layed on her back as she looked up the starry sky that night. 

"You'll do great. Trust me!"

She scoffed. He speak as if he actually knows her. She turned to her side before letting herself drift to sleep in that cold night at the rooftop. 

--

"... I want to seek for my lost brother that's why I decided to appear in this program..." Hana focused her attention at the appliance before her, munching on some cookies. 

"I'm going..." Yuto announced before grabbing a cookie himself. Hana turned to him. The younger responded with a look that seems to scream a 'what?'

"Say. If ever I appear on TV. Would my real parents see me?" She blinked. 

This made the high schooler stop munching. "Well, not necessarily your parents, but... I guess one or two of your relatives will be able to, and the word will reach your parents. So yeah, in a way, you may be able to find your family if you got featured on TV." 

Hana nodded. "OK. Thanks, Yuto!" 

--

Hana skipped along the streets, as she swam in her thoughts. "How would I feature in a TV program?" She asked herself. 

"Blk 184..." She mumbled before looking around her. "I'm here. So... Restaurant Red, where are you?" 

--

"Park Chanyeol-ssi?" The HR secretary asked peeking her head out of the office. At this, Chanyeol stood up to give her a slight bow before entering the room. 

"So, you never tried working for a company before. Tell us something about your works, and show it to us, please. The floor is yours." 

"Neh."

--

At dinner, the Adachis decided to eat on the rooftop because the head of the family said he wanted some fresh night air. It was typical of the man, being demanding as a kid, but the members could not trade him for anything else in a world. Because he may be bratty, but he was a great provider for the family. A representation of strength for his family. 

Hana though, seemed to be deep in thought. She can't get what Yuto said out of her head. 

"What is it, Hana-yah?" Adachi-appa asked, causing everybody to stop eating. 

This made the girl snap out of her thoughts. "Sorry?" She blinked numerous times transferring her stares at the ones on the wooden bed. 

"Why were you so out of it?" The elder asked. "Don't you like the food?" 

Hana frantically waved her hands in front. "No! No! I like it, I like very much! It's just that..."

Adachi-omma scoop some to taste her cooking. "Was it very salty? Should I add more water?" 

Hana shook her head. "No. It's totally fine. I just can't get what Yuto told me earlier out of my head." She placed down her utensils at her plate. 

At this, the husband and wife turned to look at their only son sternly, "what did you tell her?" The man asked. 

Yuto answered with a defensive stare. "What?" He whispered. 

"It's nothing though." Hana spoke once again. This time, the three looked at her. "I was thinking of joining a program where I could speak to my relatives. Who knows, they might be the one to reach out to me this time." She looked at them, hopefully. 

--

"HJD Clothing Line is currently in need of hidden gems that would be a part of the company's success. We are looking for aspiring designers that would be the next face of HJD Clothing Line. The company is opening a runway competition that would be giving out prizes and earn a spot in the company for the winners. For interested applicants, you may bring your Curriculum Vitae at ..."

Hana eyes wandered towards the TV screen, yet again as she was the dishes. She sighed, as if she was cut out to be a fashion designer. After all, who would be her model? But runway modelling is a hot issue right now. It would be a chance for her to show herself in the public mass, and take one step closer to knowing who she really was. If only she was artistic enough-

Her eyes widened. 

--

The incessant knocking on Chanyeol's door woke him up. He turned to the clock across the room. Only to groan in frustration. 

11:35

Chanyeol shuffled out of his bed to proceed to his door. 

"I'm coming," he announced with his deep voice. But in contrast to what was expected, the knocking continued. 

"Aissh, I said I was coming-" he yanked the door irritated only to Stiffen when he saw his late night visitor. 

"Wha-"

"I'll be your model!" Hana hollered, looking up at the guy behind the opened door.

"What did you say?" He asked, in disbelief. 

"I said I'll be your model." She related. "But on one condition," she continued. "Let's joined the runway modelling by HJD Clothing Line!" 

--

Chanyeol slumped down on his bed face first as he exhaled in relief. He turned to lay on his back to stare at the white ceiling of his house smiling wide. 

"Wait for my comeback, Im Sua." He laughed lightly at the thought. Designer Park is on his move. Earlier that day, after showing the HJD Group of companies his works, he earned a spot in the competition that will decide who will be hired as the new designer if the company. 

He smirked, soon enough he will be clearing his own name, his name that Im Sua destroyed. 

A certain thought made him lose his smile though. Who would be his model? 

That Hana better be making up her mind soon because he can't afford to lose this chance just because he doesn't have a model to showcase his works. He fell asleep with this thought in mind.

--

Chanyeol nodded. "OK, I was joining the competition, anyway." 

Hana face lit up, hearing him. "Really? That's great then!" She waved at him, "now that its settled. I'll be going, good night!" She announced before turning around to leave. 

Chanyeol leaned his body on his doorframe, studying the girl's back. Before reaching the top of the stairs, Hana turned back again to give him a beaming smile and a frantic wave. He answered with a small smile and a wave of his hand. 

~end of chapter 7~