PROLOGUE

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

"And the winner for this year's H & K fashion show is none other than..."

Drum beats sounded loudly in the hall, but nothing compares to the nervous feeling creeping up Chanyeol's heart. It was his second time joining the competition and unfortunately, he never got the chance to win any categories yet. He joined his hands together to mutter a silent prayer when he heard the drumbeats stop. 

"It's Kim Heechul!" 

Booming cheers and messy round of applause filled the air as confetti fell from the ceiling, indeed, it was same champion again, reigning for two years already. 

"As expected from our reigning winner..."

Chanyeol drowned out whatever the host was saying to think about the competition today. He unconsciously balled his fist, letting his frustration sink in.

"Chanyeol-ah..." Sua, his model called when she reached his place to unball his fist. He looked at her intently for a few seconds before sighing. "Let's just go home." He dismissed. 

But before completely stepping down the back stage, he spared one last glance at this year's winner and his model. 

--

"Park Chanyeol-ssi!" The tall guy looked behind him to see the winner's model chasing after him. In contrast to what she was wearing earlier, she was now wearing jogging pants and a baggy shirt paired with a pair of sneakers. She had a wide smile on her face. 

He studied her from head to toes before answering. "Uhh, do you need... Something?" 

Her smile widen even more when he actually recognised her. She held out her hands to him. "Your designs are fantastic, what happened earlier was a good match. For a minute there, I thought Heechul oppa would lose. I hope to see you again next year."

Chanyeol snorted, leaning his head back. "What's this?" He glared at her, causing the female to lose her smile. 

"Are you actually mocking me? Because I lose?" The girl frowned. "Well, to tell you frankly, you guys are lucky that Heechul-oppa already had made a name in last year's competition, so the ramp wasn't as fair as it was anymore." 

The girl's frown deepened. "Yah, don't you think it depends on your model also?" She countered, obviously sounding offended. "Runway isn't all about the design. Its also about your model. You should create designs for her, not simply because you like it-"

"Do you think I don't know that?!-"

"Yes you don't! That was actually the main reason why you lost earlier. You're so obsessed with your clothes you didn't even bother thinking if that would suit your model." She huffed when Chanyeol stopped moving, obviously controlling his temper. 

"And guess what. Your model actually looked like a living banana in her final wear earlier." Chanyeol's eyes widen, hearing her judgmental comment. 

"Yah-" 

"So much for thinking you're a good match." She turned around to go back to the dressing room, leaving the tall guy behind. Chanyeol though just remained rooted in his spot looking at the disappearing girl. 

She turned back one last time to glare at the fashion designer. 

"By the way, you just might be interested. My name's Yejeong. Song Yejeong!" 

And she disappeared in his life just like that. 

The next year, and the year after that, Kim Heechul and his model was nowhere to be found anywhere Park Chanyeol joined fashion competitions.

--

"Come on. Don't tell me you're actually moving out just because of that fight."

"And if I say that I am?" Chanyeol asked the one on the other end of the line.

"Come on Yeol. We're not grade schoolers anymore. We're already 27 years old." Baekhyun whined. 

"Correction, you're 27. I'm still 26. My birthday's still a few months from now. " he smirked when he heard Baekhyun huffing. 

"Thank you Baek. I'm grateful. I'm driving so I'll turn this down, OK?" 

"Yah! Chanyeol! You-" 

And the line went dead. He smiled at his cheeky friend before tossing away his phone at the passenger's seat. 

Just before the stop light turned red, someone crossed the road in front of his car. In his surprise, Chanyeol quickly stepped in the breaker, but unfortunately, the front of his car had hit the pedestrian, sending the girl flying in the air. 

"Hell..." He mumbled. Despite the shock he quickly got off his car to tend to the stranger he just hit. 

"Are you okay? Hey, miss." She shake her awake. 

"Miss. Miss!" 

He turned the girl to lay on her back and shock registered on his face immediately after seeing the girl after 7 years. 

By the way, you just might be interested. My name's Yejeong. Song Yejeong!

"Song Yejeong..."