don't

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

"Yeah, she's far from danger now though her body's still recovering from the shock..." Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose as he talks to his uncle on the phone. 

"Don't worry about me, tomorrow's my day off so there won't be any problem," he assures, telling Aemi's father that he will keep her company until she wakes up. 

"It's okay don't worry," he chuckles lightly, shaking his head in the process. "Just go visit her once you've got time." He said one last time before ending the call.  

Glancing at the door to her hospital room, Byun Baekhyun heaved a huge sigh, disappointed at his cousin big time. 

As promised, the fashion councilor stayed the night, taking care of Aemi until she finally wakes up. He barely got a wink of sleep, waiting for any movements from her that might signal that she's close to wake up. 

The twenty-seven year old guy stayed up until the break of dawn, but that's when he started feeling sleepiness creeping up his system. 

And that day, just like the other times, Byun Baekhyun lost to his ultimate enemy called sleep, letting it dominate him. 

--

Byun Aemi fluttered her lids open, alternately closing and opening her eyes to adjust her vision. Aside from it, an immense pain spread through her whole being settling on her left wrist and she felt the sudden need to scream, but she can't. Instead, she let out a small whimper because that's the only thing she could provide right now. 

Her voice is hoarse and she's feeling exhausted. 

Ah, right. 

She attempted to end her life again. 

And last like the old times, she failed to do so. 

"Aemi-yah?" It's him.

The said name shifted her heavy head to her right, adjusting her vision until his face came to view. 

"Oppa..." She whispered, voice still hoarse. Unconsciously, tears began pooling her eyes before drops of it raced down her pale cheeks one by one. Baekhyun was instantly hovering over her, wiping the tears that escaped her eyes as silent sobs escaped . 

"Shhh..." He cooed, combing the strands of hair that covered her face. "It's okay, I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you."

It's okay, I won't let anyone hurt you.

Remembering the words he used to make her stop crying when they were still kids made calm down a little causing the sobs to die down into sniffles. 

"I-it h-hurts..." She looked up at him just like how a child would when you stole their candy and Baekhyun just smiled at her warmly. 

"Where?" He asked albeit knowing fully well where she's hurting. "I-i-i feel e-exhausted too..." She added, eyeing the IV that was connected to her right limb. The older nodded. 

"I'm feeling hungry too..." She ended and Baekhyun leaned down to plant a soft kiss on her forehead. That action made the female close her eyes the moment his lips touched her skin. 

"I know," he whispered. "I'll go get you something to eat," he moved to lean away from her but his cousin was quick to grasp the front of his shirt weakly, stopping him from going too far away from her. 

She inhaled his scent that had always been successful in calming her nerves, also loving the warmth his body releases. "I'm sorry..." She mused finally, biting her lip to prevent more tears from escaping. 

"I know..." Baekhyun whispered back, eyeing the headboard instead of her. "I'll come back in a minute." He leaned away from the bed finally, going out of her hospital room to but her foods. 

--

"Hana." Chanyeol called which prompted both heads to look at him. Hana looked at him in shock whilst Do Kyungsoo was eyeing him intently. He quickly glanced at the girl before shifting his attention to the other guy, frowning at him. "What are you doing?" He questioned. 

"What I do is none of your business," Kyungsoo spat at the taller, irking him in the process. 

"Well it's my business because she models for me," Chanyeol went to cross his arms, not backing down from the fight. 

Kyungsoo was supposed to speak even further, words that would surely put the taller to his rightful place if not only for the girl that immediately approached Park Chanyeol, reaching out to him. 

"It's nothing," she mused glancing back at the shorter guy before looking back at Chanyeol who was frowning again. "We're just talking." She assures. 

The fashion designer tilted his head to the side, cocking one brow at her. "About what? Did he ask you to stop modelling for me?" He glanced at the guy from the distance again, knowing fully well that that wasn't the content of their talk.

He's sure Do Kyungsoo has something up his sleeves. 

"There was nothing like that,—" Hana tried to explain but the taller cut her off. 

"Oh, really? What did you talk about, then?" 

"Aissh, why are you being like this?" She hissed at him, blocking his vision when she realized that Chanyeol kept on glancing at the other guy every once in a while. "Stop looking at him, sheesh," she mumbled, covering his eyes with her hands. But because he was too tall for her, she had to stand on her tiptoes in order to succeed. 

"Don't touch me, I'll look at him because I want to!" Chanyeol complained playfully shifting his body so he could look at the shorter. 

Soon, the fight between pulling and pushing became intense and Do Kyungsoo's presence was ignored. 

For the first time in so many years of being on the same place with Song Yejeong, this was the first time ever that Kyungsoo felt so out of place. 

He cleared his throat, notifying the two of his presence and this successfully caught the pair's attention. 

"Hana-ssi," he started smiling at her though it never reached his eyes. "I'll be calling you later in the evening, so wait for it, okay?" He bowed lightly, before telling them that he had some urgent meeting to attend to, leaving the two behind finally. 

Walking away from the place, the CEO's son clutched the top of his chest, feeling as if the organ placed there is being crumpled causing Jim to feel immense pain. 

He was jealous because that Chanyeol guy could get every attention he wants form the girl while he—Do Kyungsoo, the guy she was supposed to marry—can't.

--

"So what did you two talk about?" Chanyeol asked, eyeing the fork that he was twirling in the air as he wait for the girl to answer his inquiry. 

Hana who was sitting across him shifted on her seat uncomfortably, her eyes focused on her hands on top of her lap. "Well..."

The guy glanced at her, stopping his movements. When she didn't continue, he spoke again. "You're wearing a dress too, are you guys an item?" He frowned upon realizing that he sounded like some jealous boyfriend when in fact he was just a nobody. 

"W-we're n-not!" Hana denied frantically, waving her hands in front as if to emphasize her point, her eyes widened. He sighed mentally in relief when she didn't seem to mind his tone of voice. "This was the first thing I grabbed." She squeak in an undertone. 

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. "So why were you talking then?" He leaned in closer to her, grabbing the end of her plate, drawing it nearer to him. She frowned at his movements, eyeing the plate of cheesecake that he pulled. 

He arched one brow at her, staring intently. "So?" 

She looked away from his eyes, feeling her cheeks flaring at the intensity of his stare. She locked her gaze on the sight outside the glass walls of that pastry shop instead, where pedestrians cross the busy streets of Seoul. She raised her left hand on the table for support. 

She hopes he wouldn't see through her bluff. 

"I went to see him to accept his offer..."

He removed his hand on the end of her plate after her vague revelation, straightening his body before leaning on the back rest, crossing his arms. 

"What kind of offer?" He questions and Hana found herself frowning, yet again. Still, she refused to look at him because she's afraid he'd see the blush on her cheeks if she does so. After all, she could feel her chest thumping wildly as she could see him staring at her through her peripheral. 

"He'll help me remember." She whispered. 

I knew it.

"Don't."

"Huh?" All thoughts of avoiding his stare flew out the window as what he said caught her off guard. 

Whipping her head at him, Hana got herself trapped under his spell. And even if she wants to look away in embarassment, she couldn't for she was entranced by his mesmerizing gaze.

He was looking at her as if she was the only one he could see right at the moment. 

"Don't work with him..."

Her breath got caught in and her brain stopped functioning. After a while, she let out a startled gasp when she felt his hand enclosing on hers that was resting on the table, giving it a light squeeze. 

Her heart started beating like crazy and her brain almost didn't process the word he uttered next. 

"I'll help you remember instead."

~end of chapter 21~

A/N: I updated because I'll be verrrrrryyyyyy busy next week because do my job T^T.  I hope this will be enough for that long span of absence. But I'll promise to update by next week if I've got free time. 

Now, for this chapter;

Baekhyun appeared again!
Aemi appeared again!
Kyungsoo appeared!
And ofc, Chanyeol and Hana's appearance XD

How would you guys evaluate Chanyeol's character? Can you enlighten me about how you see the guy? Just comment down below if it's not a bother. It helps me know my effectiveness as a writer so if you guys dont mind, please do leave me some comments. Kyah~

So, that's all for now, see you guys soonest~

Always stay safe, ilygsm

LAIDBACKNEWBIE

PS. My body's aching but I wanna watch T.T

PPS. Kim Jongdae becomes a daddy! ^.^ CONGRATS!!! He's now Jongdae Appaaaaa~ DADDY JONGGG~ UYU UYU HAHAHAH (OK don't mind me, I'm going crazy)