015: Not Because He Said So

Go Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungkook doesn't have first, second or third period with Byul. Sadly she forgot how boring it was without him, she really took winter break for granted. She spent most of the classes tapping her fingers against her desk, waiting impatiently for lunch. From lunch onward, Jungkook and her were in the same class. It would have been better if Byul was close with anyone in her first few classes, but nothing ever went farther than acquaintanceship. Luckily, time was on her side, and moved far quicker than normal. Maybe because school had just started up again, so teachers were still settling everything for the semester. Whatever the reason may be, Byul was happy with the outcome. 

As she walked into the cafeteria, her head went from right to left as she looked for someone familiar, she was craving an interaction by this point. Left, right, left, "Ow!" She yelped, looking up to see the cause of the pain that was inflicted upon her right cheek. Jungkook smiled, wagging his finger from side to side in front of her face. 

"Lookin for me?" His grin made her want to slap him. 

"You wish." She said, though she couldn't help but find his actions cute. In a friendship way, of course.

When they finally got their food, they headed for the normal table. Which for once was empty of Jungkook's two best friends. They were sitting with their basketball teammates, for some reason Byul didn't care to listen to. Sana usually sits with Momo and her friends. Which left the large table only accompanied by two. 

"Looks like it's just you and I today." Byul said as she moved her food around. She didn't look at Jungkook but she knew he had shrugged. 

"We have lunch with all the second years, I wouldn't be surprised if your boyfriend showed up." He said. 

Byul's eyebrows furrowed, "Boyfriend-" then it hit her, "Are you talking about the new neighbor?" She asked in complete bewilderment. Jungkook stuck his bottom lip out. 

"I don't know, am I?" His childish behavior made Byul roll her eyes, but before she could reply; three trays were sat down at the table. 

Cheol, Corin, and Hyuk all greeted them. "Is it fine if we sit with you guys?" Cheol asked. Byul nodded immediately.

"Of course!" She didn't catch Jungkook's eye roll, but if she had, he would have been nursing the bump on his head. "So, how are you guys liking the school?" 

"It's a lot nicer than our last ones, a lot less rowdy." Corin said, adding a dramatic shiver for the effect. 

"I saw you in history." Cheol says, Byul points at herself in confusion, he nods. 

"Really? I didn't even see you." She said honestly. 

Cheol laughed, "I noticed that, I waved at you when I walked in, but you weren't looking." Byul cringed at herself for being so oblivious. Corin took it upon herself to change the subject. 

"So, are you guys still up for showing us around after school?" She said it in her most casual way. It was always awkward to hang around new people, especially when you weren't sure if they were really nice, or just acting like they are. Luckily Corin thought herself quite the human detector, for when it came to fake people that is. And from the few times she's spoken to the Jeon's and Go's, they all seemed very nice.

"If you guys are still up for it." Byul smiled.

Corin looked over at Cheol, "See, I told you she was a gal of her word." That made Jungkook perk up.

"Did he assume she isn't?" Jungkook asked in his overprotective voice that annoyed Byul so. 

Cheol immediately waved his hands in panic, "No! It's just I didn't think you guys would want to spend the day showing the new neighbors around." 
Jungkook scrunched his nose, losing his interest now. 

"I think it'll be fun," Byul said, "Jungkook thinks so too." 

"You don't know what I th- Ow! Will you stop kicking me?" Jungkook mumbled the first part, but his voice raised a bit too high after the kick to his shin. Multiple students at the other tables looked their way. But they all looked away after seeing it was just those two--as they refer to them.

~~~

Jungkook scuffed his shoe on the ground as he and Byul waited for the Soo's. They all decided to meet up at the school gate, upon dismissal. Byul noticed them first, as they walked closer Cheol started talking. "We should walk around town this weekend, my mom called and said-" He was cut off by Corin practically bouncing over to Byul's side. 

"My aunt said our families are going out to a nice dinner, so we can all get acquainted." She beamed. She was so much more energetic than Byul, it almost made her tired just looking at Corin.

"A fancy restaurant?" Byul asked excitedly. She rarely went to any fancy places, her parents gave up on taking their kids anywhere nice after Jisung was five. It always ended up with their kids being loud and disruptive. Jungkook, on the other hand, didn't have much of an o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter