Chapter 8

You’re my pick!

Eunbi sat on a stool scrolling through her apps to check for any new notifications coming from the device since it’s been beeping non-stop lately for the past few days. She swiped down to see many of them coming from the dating app, with most of them stating..

 

“Somebody likes you, have a chat with them!”

“Answer these few questions so we know more about you!”

 

To be fair, she wasn’t ready for this kind of roller-coaster ride. But that certain girl is stuck in her mind. She quickly looked through the chat history to look for her profile.

 

“Kwanglambo. Your gamer girl with visual combo.

I breathe cake. Still waiting to audition for One-piece side character.”

 

She chuckled when she saw how much the girl loves anime. The two of them started sending each other messages since 2 weeks ago. As much as the older doesn’t want to admit, her mood always lits up when the younger sends her messages, mostly about her school events and family matters. The bunny was always there to listen to the hamster’s complaints, never once did she get bored any second.

 

She was typing something into the chat bar and was about to hit the ‘enter’ button when she heard a giggle at the side of her ears.

 

“Ooh.. the manager finally holds an interest for somebody. How exciting! I bet the person is the son of a famous company...” The younger colleagues were chattering behind her back.

 

“Guys, get back to work now. There’s no time for you to be slacking off.” The manager hissed and the rest quickly got back to their positions.

 

---

 

Meanwhile, Hyewon was staring at her blank phone screen, waiting for a reply to appear. She was afraid that the older would break their promise. Dejectedly, she went off to wash up then head to bed.

 

“Gear Secondo!!” The ringtone buzzed.

 

The hamster hurriedly rushed to pick up the phone to see the message. As expected, her favorite unnie’s name popped up. She smiled as an 8-digit number code appeared in front of her.

 

“I’m going to text her when I’m done.” She grinned like a complete idiot while saving the number into her phone contacts.