Chapter 1

You’re my pick!

“Ding Dong..”

 

Revision classes finally ended at a late evening. Students were seen packing their bags. Some can even be seen rushing out of school to prepare for the mid-term examinations.

 

“Hyewon ah, isn’t it time for you to get a boyfriend? With your looks, I doubt anyone would be able to resist, even if it’s for a split second.”

 

The class visual turned to her best friend with an annoyed look.

 

“You know, guys don’t really interest me. They say the most inappropriate jokes all the time..”

 

“Sure, if you say so.”

 

“Hmm. How’s it going with your studies? I heard from the others saying it’s going to be difficult.”

 

“Oh don’t worry unnie. I may be dumb but I study hard. I’m hoping to get at least a good pass so I can slack off more for the end-of-year examinations.” The duck grinned.

 

“Sigh... It doesn’t work like that but well. Glad to hear you at least putting in some effort.” The pretty girl smiled.

 

The two then bid each other goodbye as they return to their respective homes.

---

 

“Tick tock, tick tock…”

 

Hyewon looked up from the papers to look at the time. The desk clock showed “23:56”.

 

“Two more questions to go, and I’ll stop here for today.” 30 minutes passed and the girl is done. However, she doesn’t feel like sleeping yet as she thought about what her friend mentioned to her this evening. Her slender fingers went on to type something into the search bar and swiftly came across this dating app that’s popular among her peers with around the same age group as her.

 

She quickly filled in her details but paused when the questionnaire asked her what group she is interested in.

 

“Just to make your search easier, are you looking for …?”

1- Guys

2- Girls

3- Both

 

She thought for a while, before clicking on the number.

 

“Just swipe left or right according to your choice. Have fun dating!” The tutorial ended.

 

Hyewon blankly stared at her phone screen before she started swiping. Admittedly, there were some who caught her eyes but others disgust her.. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were all guys. It wasn’t long before she stumped upon someone’s profile that made her heart shook a beat.

 

“Kwon Eunbi. Manager of Matcha-Tee gift stores.

Likes sweet stuff, especially matcha-flavored macarons.

Feel free to chat with me, I’m secretly a baby :D”

 

“Her profile looks interesting. Maybe I’ll give my first pick to her.” Hyewon didn’t hesitate to swipe right before again checking on the time.

 

“Ah, it’s already this late. I need to sleep so I won’t be late for school tomorrow.”, she said as she tucks her phone under her pillow as she slowly drifted off to sleep.