Chapter 14

You’re my pick!

“See you outside Food Paradise at 11 am tomorrow. Don’t be late. If you are, pay for my lunch. You know me! HAHA~~” 

 

“For sure I’ll be. Why so early though? You have plans for tomorrow afternoon?”

 

“Hmm yeah. Finals are coming up, need to mug for it.”

 

“Wow, when are you so ambitious? Is it because of that lover of yours? Pfft…”

 

“Sigh, whatever. Just don’t be late, Yuzu.”

 

The puppy stared down at her phone as she couldn’t believe how whipped her friend is. 

 

---

 

The girl wearing a striped shirt with plain jeans was waiting at the side of the road when a tall shadow appeared behind her. 

 

“Yenaa~~” A ghostly whisper drifted past the shorter girl’s ears. 

 

“Yah! You almost made me throw my phone at you. .” The duck shouted angrily at the puppy. 

 

“Hey, at least I wasn’t late today.” The taller girl grinned. 

 

“Fine...So where’s our first venue to hang out?”

 

“The arcade.”

 

“Sure, let’s go.”

 

---

 

The crackhead duo went through a few rounds of mini-basketball, then head to the food court to have lunch. 

 

After the duck finished ordering her food, the puppy went on her turn. On the way to get her favorite fried chicken, she spotted a familiar face in the middle of the crowd. 

 

“Manager unnie! Heyy~~” The younger girl shouted at the person and waved excitedly towards her. 

 

She then made her way to the older girl who was in the middle of putting change into her wallet. 

 

“Oh Yujinnie, I’m sorry I didn’t notice you here at all.” The bunny turned her head towards the younger girl. 

 

“It’s alright. You were busy so you couldn’t see me. Besides, you’re quite vertically challenged.” The puppy sneered at the older woman. 

 

Without warning, a slap landed on the youngster’s back.

 

“Ow! Why’d you hit that hard for? I don’t see why she’s interested in you when you’re so violent with others.” The puppy grumbled. 

 

“... What did you just say?” The bunny asked the puppy to make sure she didn’t hear anything funny slip out from seconds ago. 

 

“Hmm? Why are you looking at me like that?” The tall girl tilted her head.

 

“Uh.. nothing. I heard something. That’s all.” The manager mumbled.

 

“Ah, speaking of which. Do you mind eating with my friend and me? We’re just eating somewhere near here. I can show you the way.” Yujin smiled at the bunny manager.

 

“Sure, I’d love some company.” The two of them then walked towards a table where someone was already seen gulping down her food. 

 

“Hold on for a moment. I’ll be right back.” Yujin then quickly made her way to the chicken store.

 

---

 

“Oh! Remember that time when you thought the swimming pool was so shallow you jumped into it, and you almost drowned? It was so hilarious! HAHA..” The duck laughed at the puppy with food in .

 

“Ehh, that was so lame. There was this other time where you thought the slides are snakes and you refused to ride on them until the age of 10. You basically wasted your childhood.” The puppy retorted while shaking her head. 

 

Eunbi can only smile and laugh with the two younger children as they recalled incidents back from their childhood. However, she wasn’t spared when one of the younger kids popped a question for her.

 

“Unnie, what kind of activities did you do when you were a child?” The curious duck asked.

 

“Uhm.. not much. I usually participate in those art-and-crafts competition held in school, other than studying. I don’t have a very exciting childhood compared to both of you.”

 

“Ah, so that’s where you got your artistic skills from.” Yujin smiled.

 

“Then, have you ever made something for people close to you? Like friends or relatives?”

 

“Hmm, not many to be fair. I hardly know what others want and I’m afraid of not hitting the expectations of others so I don’t really make stuff for them. Even if they’re close to me.”

 

“That’s interesting to hear.”

 

The three girls then talked a bit more before the oldest realized that she was a little behind schedule. 

 

“I have to hurry to do some errands now. Thanks for allowing me to accompany you for your lunch! See you soon!” The bunny then waved goodbye to the two younger girls.

 

After waiting for the manager to leave for quite a distance, Yujin pulled the duck closer to her.

 

“Are you interested to know more about her?” The puppy smirked.

 

“Hmm. I already got the information that she’s your manager at the place you work at. What’s more to know?” The duck replied. 

 

“She’s also Hyewon-unnie’s wife.” Yujin spilled shamelessly.

 

“SHE’S WHAT?!” The duck couldn’t hold in the shocking news. It came too sudden for her to absorb it. 

 

“Haha... You need to chill. I was just kidding. What I meant was ‘soon-to-be’ wife.” The puppy laughed.

 

“That’s still too shocking! Hold on, you mean she’s the one that Hye likes on the app?”

 

“Oh, you know that too?” The puppy glanced at the duck.

 

“Not really. But Hye did mention about this dating app she’s using. I just don’t know who she likes until just now.” 

 

“Well, now you know.”

 

The two crackheads then grinned at each other.

 

“You know what I’m thinking of?”

 

“Oh hell yeah, let’s do this!”

 

Both of the girls gave each other a hi-fi before starting to plan for what needs to be done.