Chapter 21

You’re my pick!

“Hyewon-ah, what’s your address again?” The duck was about to write the information on a piece of paper.

 

“Why do you want to ask about that all of a sudden?” The pretty girl turned towards her best friend.

 

“Well... I just wanted to study with the nerd for the upcoming finals. There’s a certain university I want to get into.” The duck grinned at her. 

 

“Pfft. I’m not the only smartest student here you know. Well, you can. But only on this Saturday. I have family matters on Sunday.” The pretty girl complied. 

 

“That’s okay! I just have to re-arrange the date I have with Yuri then. I know she understands.” The duck smiled. 

 

“Thanks for not turning me down,” Yena shouted in the hallway as she gets ready to get home. 

 

“Just make sure you mean it!” Hyewon shouted back. 

 

---

 

“Alright, are you sure this is the right address?” Yujin eyed her childhood friend for a while.

 

“Yah! I actually asked her after I took this down. And she confirmed it was the right address. Also, why would she give me a fake one if I were to go to her house and study with her this weekend? She wouldn’t want me to get lost either. She’s not as evil as you think she is.” Yena explained. 

 

“True... Wait, did you say you’re going to study with her this weekend?” The puppy caught on quickly.

 

“Yeah, why?” The duck still looking confused.

 

“Are you dumb? Instead of going to her place, we can have Eunbi-unnie to replace you. Did you forget what we mentioned in the letter when we ordered that thing online?”

 

“What funny request did you write in there?”

 

“Hold on, let me show you. Good thing I took a picture before I sent that out.” The puppy scrambled through her phone before arriving at a screen-shot that she had taken a few days ago. 

 

“Here you go! This is whatever I’ve written along with the online order that we picked just last week.”

 

“Additional comments:

Medium figurine, flowers should be mango tulips. Picture of object and address for the object to be sent to will be provided shortly. The preferable time to meet up would be from afternoon to evening at said address. Object requested to be delivered in one week’s time. 

Thank you.”

 

The duck simply looked at Yujin with glistening eyes and hugged her.

 

“Wow, I’m so proud of my dumb junior.” The duck pats the puppy’s back.

 

“Take that back. I’m not dumb.” The puppy retorted.

 

“Okay… I was just kidding. But that’s a really smart idea there.”

 

“Told ya we’re so gonna make this work.” Both the animals grinned at each other as they planned their next step.