Chapter 5

You’re my pick!

“Wonyoung ah, do you mind going with me to the supermarket to get some food for granny’s birthday next week?” Yuri asked her cousin who just finished her homework.

 

“Sure unnie, I wouldn’t mind helping out for such an important event.” The cheerful girl replied.

 

“Great, just look through the list first. It’s a bit longer than usual.” Yuri passed the list to the younger girl.

 

---

 

While walking to the supermarket, Wonyoung couldn’t help but notice a pink blush appearing on her older cousin’s face several times.

 

“Unnie, you have someone you like?” The baby bunny asked.

 

“Not really... But it’s close.” Yuri smiled.

 

“Oh, we’re here. Let’s hurry and get the items before it gets too dark.”

 

“Okay.”

 

---

 

The girl couldn’t hide her blush anymore as soon as both of them reached home. When the younger one took a rest while complaining about back pain due to carrying tons of heavy stuff, Yuri went straight into her room and quietly locked the door behind her, not wanting Wonyoung to be suspicious.

 

She still hasn’t forgotten about that day, when she got asked out by her favorite customer at the place she worked in. She remembered how flustered that girl was, despite being the one to ask her out.

 

---

 

“Hey, I’m sorry for being rude to you just now. I didn’t mean it though.” Yena put on her best behavior in front of the girl she likes.

 

“Oh, you’re that girl from earlier. Don’t worry, I’ve handled more customers who are actually rude.”

 

“Uhmm, if you do meet anyone who’s rude to you, let me know. So I can protect you.” The duck blurted out without much thinking but widened her eyes when she thought it through. She was about to leave out of embarrassment when she was pulled from behind.

 

“I’d love to have someone who’s willing to protect me. But you have to be physically present almost all the time I’m here.” Yuri’s eyes glistened while staring at Yena.

 

“But I have school and homework to complete. I don’t have your number too.” Yena suddenly got depressed.

 

“Give me your phone.” Yuri quickly punched in her number in Yena’s phone, so she won’t get caught by her fellow colleagues slacking off during work. “It’s done. Give me a text so I know it’s from you.” She winked at the girl in front of her.


By now, the duck had been shot through by a love arrow and was visibly deflated by a significant amount that Hyewon had to carry her back to their seats.

 

---


 

“Damn, she was so cute I wanted to hug her. It’s a shame my work shift hasn’t ended when she did that.” Yuri was still deep in her thoughts when a loud knock was heard.

 

“Unnie, are you okay? We need to prepare the food now. It’s almost dinner time!” Wonyoung shouted through the door.

 

“Sorry, I dozed off a while ago. I’m coming now!” Yuri immediately got up to attend to family stuff as she put the thought behind her mind.