Chapter 11

You’re my pick!

“How’s it going with your date, duck?” Hyewon asked Yena while munching on her favorite hot-dog bread.

 

“It’s going great. We met up a few times since that day and actually got to karaoke last week. Her voice was like a nightingale, how smoothing..” The hamster could only sit by the side watching her friend smile like a fool when describing her girlfriend. 

 

“There is something I could ask you while you’re still sane.” Hyewon eyed her friend while putting her food down.

 

“What could be so important that you stopped eating?” Yena tilted her head. 

 

“Did you tell anyone about the lady that I liked on the app? Including your childhood friend, Yujin?” The pretty girl glared at her friend.

 

“What lady…? I don’t remember you liking anyone in the first place... Wait, you like someone???” Yena opened her eyes widely in disbelief. 

 

“Oh.. then she must have found out about it through other means.” Hyewon thought to herself as she packed up her things ready to leave for the next class. 

 

“WAIT~~ YOU STILL HAVEN'T TOLD ME THE JUICY NEWS. I WANNA~~” Yena’s shout slowly faded away as Hyewon quickened her pace so as not to get caught by the curious duck.

 

---

 

The flower girl was just about to close the shop for the day when a familiar figure hopped towards her. 

 

“Hey~~! Remember me?” Yujin winked at the girl.

 

“Ah yes… The photographer from the other day. Yujin?” The girl stuttered.

 

“You have a good memory. I think I might get along well with you.” The puppy smiled.

 

“Is the shop still open? I want to get some flowers as decoration for my part-time job. We’re in need of pink roses and they’re not easily available where I work at. If it’s too late, I can always stop by another time.” Yujin glanced at the clock hung up on the wall.

 

“Oh no, it’s alright. We hardly have customers nowadays anyway. I don’t mind staying a little late to help you.” Wonyoung smiled at the girl in front of her. 

The puppy suddenly felt all the flowers that are surrounding her bloom instantly while she drowned in the eye-smile of the flower girl.

 

While waiting for the younger girl to pick a few of the fresh ones and tie them up nicely into a bouquet, she noticed a rose sticking out from the bunch of flowers beside her and hid it in the space between the files and her body.  

 

“Here you go! One bunch of pink roses for 55 dollars. Since you’re a first-timer, we’ll sell it to you for 45 dollars!” The girl passed the bouquet of roses to the puppy. 

 

“Oh thank you so much. It’s a good thing my boss gave me extra money.” Yujin quickly pulled out cash from her wallet. 

 

“Before I forget, may I have your name? You seem friendly and I want to be your friend.” The puppy grinned.

 

“It’s Wonyoung.” The flower girl chirped.

 

“Thank you Wonnie. Also-” The puppy then slipped the rose that she was holding carefully onto the bunny’s ear without warning. 

 

“It looks good on you. This can be taken as thanks for all that you helped me before. See you again, bye Wonnie!” The puppy left.

 

The flower girl simply blushed at her mirror’s image after the puppy bid farewell to her. Dark pink roses never looked good on her until now.