Chapter 16

You’re my pick!

A lady wearing shades was walking down the streets, holding a small slip of paper in her hands.

 

“Pfirsich Blume. 12 Noel Avenue. #01-03.”

 

The lady didn’t stop until she sees a store where many bouquets of flowers were placed along the small walkway. She went inside the store to cool off for a while before a chirpy tone greeted her.

 

“Good afternoon! Welcome to our store, do you have any inquiries to make before purchasing our flowers?”

 

Eunbi turned to face a flower-like girl smiling at her. It was a refreshing feeling other than the working air-conditioner in the room.

 

“Ah yes, I’m here looking to order stocks of different-colored roses. I believe one of my colleagues came here a few days ago to buy a bouquet of pink roses if you can recall. Our products were very well-received by the customers and they requested a lot more compared to our previous number of orders. Hence, I’m making a special trip to come down here myself.” The manager looked around, before adding, “It’s certainly a nice place, not too big or small. No wonder Yujin likes it here so much.”

 

“Yujin?” The flower girl picked up a familiar name from the lady in front of her.

 

“Ah, she’s the colleague I was referring to just now. Sorry.”

 

“Oh no, that’s okay! I also know that girl, she made friends with me the previous time she came here. Such a friendly colleague you have.” Wonyoung smiled at the lady. 

 

“So you do know Yujin then? And yes, she’s a very easy-going kid.” 

 

Both the bunnies chuckled.

 

---

 

“So, the total cost of the flowers would be $350… But since my mum isn’t in today, I’ll sell it to you for just $325. Don’t tell anyone about it.” The flower girl whispered to the older lady. 

 

“Also, here are instructions on how to keep the flowers fresh if you find it a hassle to come down here to get more flowers in only a few days time.” The tall girl handed the lady a small booklet on flower care. 

 

“Keep that well. We don’t usually give that out. Just on special occasions like flower sales in the summer…” The manager noticed a change of tone in the younger girl’s voice.

 

“What’s wrong?” Eunbi took out her pouch to keep the booklet. 

 

“It wasn’t so bad last year, but sales have been dropping down really rapidly for the past few months. If this continues, this shop might have to close down for good.” The young bunny looked down at the floor as she finished her sentence.

 

“Oh no, darling. I’m pretty sure there will be a turn of events from now on. Besides, this definitely won’t be the last time I visit your store. The flowers here are really fresh. The customer service is also not lacking.” She said while smiling at the girl.

 

“Hehe, thank you!” The young bunny grinned after hearing a compliment from the older lady. 

 

“Ah yes, before I leave... Here’s my name-card. In case something crops up, maybe I can help. Thank you so much for the flowers. Let your parents know they’re doing a great job!” The lady shouted as she left the store. 

 

The young bunny took a glance at the name-card and read it out.

 

“Kwon Eunbi..”