Chapter 26

You’re my pick!

Yena was walking home with her girlfriend after the hamster’s shift ended. They were walking alongside each other in the dark when a touch was felt by the duck to her right. 

 

“Yuri-ah..” The duck glanced down her hand as the right hand of hers was being held by a smaller sized hand.

 

“Yeah?” The girlfriend simply looked ahead unbothered.

 

“I know you’re clingy... But the thought of you being possessive never really crossed my mind.” The duck spurted out when she felt the grip between them both get tighter. 

 

“I have my reasons.” The hamster then turned to look at her girlfriend.

 

“Okay..” The duck sighed as she knows arguing with the annoyed hamster further can only make matters worse. 

 

The two stayed silent and continued walking. Just when Yena was about to turn left as usual to her apartment, Yuri quickly stopped her by putting herself in front of the duck to prevent her from walking. 

 

“Yuri-ah. It’s getting late, don’t you want to go home? It’s also dangerous for you to hang outside this late at night…” The duck tried to persuade the hamster to move to the side but to no avail.

 

“Yena..” The hamster suddenly looking serious, asked a question that instantly made Yena know what was going on in her girlfriend’s mind.

 

“Eye- It was nothing of that sort. Besides, Yujin covered my eyes so I couldn’t see anything. If you don’t believe me, I’ll ask her to meet us and you can ask her yours-” The duck quickly explained but a finger appeared in front of her face.

 

“I don’t want such a long explanation. I only want to hear a yes or no from you. So what’s your answer?” The hamster’s facial expression didn’t budge.

 

“It’s a no from me,” Yena said it firmly. 

 

Without letting go of her hand, Yuri pulled the duck and started walking to her house. 

 

“Yuri-ah. I need to head home. I have to study for a test two days later.” Yena stuttered as Yuri continued walking.

 

“Yena, you’re coming home with me today. And I’m not letting you sleep tonight.” The hamster simply looked straight ahead so the other girl wouldn’t see her flustered face. 

 

“What do you mean by that? I have to study if not I can’t get into OOO University, which is near your workplace by your way…” The duck pouted. 

 

Hearing Yena’s determination to get close to her by any means, Yuri softens considerably. 

 

“But you’re still coming home with me tonight. I’ll let you study for two hours before…” The voice trailed off.

 

“Before..?” Yena followed up on that statement before she got a smack on her arm.

 

“You’re right. It’s dangerous outside at this time. We’re going now, and don’t you dare run away from me again.” The hamster quickened her pace.

 

Soon afterward, the two girls arrived at the destination. Before heading in, the hamster took one look at the blushing duck.

 

“By the way, you look cute while pretending to be a bush.”