Chapter 17

You’re my pick!

“They said that cameras can capture the soul of the person or object that is being photographed. Do you believe in that?” Yujin asked her club senior.

 

“Uhm, not really. I’m not a superstitious person myself.” The pretty girl stared at the computer screen while editing on her last project. “How about you?”

 

“I think it’s true. I’ve been taking so many pictures of flowers lately for the past few weeks, but it never did seem quite enough for me.” 

 

“So? You still didn’t explain why you believe that saying.” 

 

“..I met up with this girl in a flower shop not far from here a few weeks ago. She really resembles flowers and I like being around her. But somehow, I feel like I’m missing something lately. I think it’s because.. I’m being forgetful with the upcoming exams?”

 

Hyewon couldn’t believe how dumb her junior is, but perhaps birds of the same flock go together. 

 

“You never think of anything else other than the fact that you’re dumb?”

 

“Hey! What do you mean by that?” The puppy complained.

 

“I’m just saying, the answer is obvious and it’s right in front of you. You even said it yourself just now..” The hamster sighed.

 

“What did I say?” The puppy looked at her without any idea.

 

The pretty girl can only hide her face in shame for being acquainted with two idiots in her life.

 

---

 

“Unnie, I think the customers like flower decoration quite a lot. There are 10 more orders coming in just for that item.”

 

“Of course, it wouldn’t be good without all that effort, including the flowers itself.” Eunbi smiled at Yujin.

 

Lately, the manager has been in a good mood. While other colleagues think it was because of the increase in sales of the products, Yujin knows otherwise.

 

While the rest of them were on breaks, the younger girl asked the manager. 

 

“So what made you start on this career?” 

 

“I was actually planning to start a clothing retailer kind of business since I’m into shopping and I have a lot of unworn clothes that I’m planning to sell... However, that thought changed when my grandmother was admitted into the hospital. Before she left this world, she requested me to do up a miniature figurine for her… I managed to complete it, but the day when I sent her the gift, she passed away. The last words from her were, ‘Thank you, dear. I like it a lot.’ “

 

“From then on, I decided to pursue an artistic career instead, since my artworks were praised often when I was a kid. I don’t think I ever regret making that decision.”

 

Yujin can only stare into the blank space when a voice reverberated through the air. 

 

“Alright, break time’s over! Back to your positions now!” 

 

Knowing the story behind how the company was created, an idea suddenly seeped into the girl’s mind as she quietly voiced out ‘Eureka’ in her mind. She can’t wait to meet up with Yena about the ongoing plan.