Chapter 2

You’re my pick!

“Manager unnie, we received another online order for our bunny couple keychains! They have requested it to be sent over by next week, we had to better hurry and get to work!” A certain cheeky puppy shouted across the room to get her boss’ attention.

 

“On it! Thanks, Yujinnie.” A lady of mid-20s smiled to her part-timer. Being a manager for an online store is tough, especially when you have a small workshop and only a handful of co-workers, but she wouldn’t complain since she loves her work.

 

With her artistic side pouring out from her hands, the keychain was quickly completed with the help of her colleagues. After some final touches, she slid it into an envelope, ready for it to be mailed to the desired address.

 

“That was a quick one! Shall we get something before it’s too late?” Yujin walked alongside her boss after waving to the others, since their residences are only a few blocks away.

 

“Sure, I’d love me some matcha tea.” The older replied.

 

“Same with me. Let’s get it!”

 

---

 

The duo settled down at a nearby cafe after ordering two matcha milkshake with extra pearls in them.

 

“Unnie, you’re so pretty and hardworking. It’s a shame you don’t have a partner to keep you busy other than work.”

 

Eunbi almost choked on the pearls when she heard what Yujin said. It’s true that work has taken over almost all of her time, but she never considered about dating at all. To be honest, she’s quite content with herself all this while.

 

“Yah! You sound like my parents, I don’t like that.” Eunbi pulled a look towards Yujin.

 

“But I was saying the truth..” Yujin retorted.

 

“Say one more word about that and I’ll fire you instantly.” The bunny manager grumbled.

 

“I’m sorry, unnie.” The puppy retreated.

 

Silence surrounded them for a while as they drank their beverages. Not willing to give up, Yujin prodded at that question once more.

“Unnie, please. If you haven’t even tried dating, you wouldn’t get anywhere. I know of an app that can give you a feel of how it works. I promise I’ll come to the workshop early every day for the next two weeks if you’re willing to hear me out.” Yujin begged Eunbi with her infamous puppy eyes.

 

Eunbi was almost going to say no, but she peeked at Yujin and immediately regretted it. Those eyes never seem to fail whenever Yujin does it.

 

“..Fine, just this once. But you have to come to the workshop early for this entire month if I were to listen to you.” The manager said.

 

“Sigh… Okay. I’ll do that.” Yujin gave in to her boss’ request.

 

The younger then showed a dating app to the older and begin teaching her how to use it. They got through most of the tutorial and stopped at the part where you have to show a picture of yourself.

 

“Is this really necessary?” Eunbi frowned at the screen.

 

“Hmm.. yeah. You can’t proceed if you don’t have a picture in. Also, don’t you want your potential partner to know what a great-looking woman you are? You can even show off your nice body if you wa..”

 

Yujin instantly obtained a huge smack at the back of her head.

 

“That’s enough..” Eunbi gave a scary glare.

 

After a few minutes of bickering between the two, they finally settled on the picture that Yujin took in the cafe.

 

“Those photography lessons that I took in my club didn’t go to waste.” A proud puppy smiled cheekily.

 

“Now, you don’t really have to do anything at all. You just have to wait for somebody to chance upon your profile. Hopefully, someone will take a liking to you.”

 

“It’s that easy? Just sit and wait?” Eunbi questioned Yujin.

 

“Hmm, yeah. That’s basically it. I mean, for a person like you who aren’t interested in dating, you can just take this chance to get to know more people. If you’re lucky, more co-workers to help you fulfill your dream as well.”

 

“Oh no... It’s gotten this late, I need to go home and get ready for school tomorrow.” Yujin hurried off while looking at the time on her phone.

 

“Yujin, I’ll see you tomorrow at the workshop. Don’t forget what you promised.” Eunbi sternly said.

 

“Ah right about that. I promise I won’t be late. See you!” A shout can be heard through the glass door.

 

“Sigh… Did I make the right decision putting myself out there as an available person? I don’t feel comfortable just yet. I just hope I’m not a target for any creepy guys out there..” Eunbi thought to herself while staring at her phone. She then finished the drink and went home.

 

---

 

After washing up, Eunbi went to her bed to check for any updates in the online store. No notifications at all. She was just about to put the phone away when it gave a ringtone.

 

“Somebody likes you! Check out who that person is now!”

 

“Hmm. That was really quick. It wouldn’t hurt to see who’s that interested in me.” Eunbi was lowkey ready to be disappointed by the notification but the moment she clicked on it, she felt like she was swept into another world.

 

A 5-star class visual is staring back at her. With her bare shoulders flaunting a white half-shoulder shirt with laces on it, Eunbi was sure she was blessed by an angel. The once-single manager felt her heart beat faster at the sight of this pretty girl in front of her screen, and instantly thought, “This girl is not normal...”

 

Eunbi had to force herself to turn her phone off in order to regain her cool composure back. She had never felt such high tension towards anyone all her life. Even back in her high school days, many handsome boys did confess to her with their grand and magnificent ways but never once did she feel the same towards any of them until now. The sudden appearance of this girl made her feel vulnerable... But it didn’t make her feel uncomfortable at all.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Kwon Eunbi? Get a hold of yourself together!” Eunbi pinched herself to make sure she’s not dreaming. The pain from the pinch did indeed confirmed everything that happened until now was real.

“Wow... it’s past midnight already. I’d better go get some sleep. I have to get more supplies for the online orders for the next month.”

 

Eunbi did not want to let go of this angel that she found just minutes ago, so she quickly swiped right back. A wave of relief swept pass her as her phone lit up with the following message, “Congrats, you found a match!” She was about to type something but fatigue slowly crept up onto her back.

 

“Message sent: Hey :)”