Chapter 6

You’re my pick!

“Yujinnie, help me cut 2 strands of pink ribbon of 60cm each.” The manager ordered the younger, as they were desperately trying to finish doing the order on time.

 

“Got it, here you go!” The puppy swiftly adhered to her boss.

 

With her god-like fingers, two beautiful hampers were done in a minute.

 

“We can’t take a break yet, these hampers need to be in the loading truck by 5 pm. It should be arriving soon. We have to help carry them in, and that’s when we’re finally done.” Eunbi said to her nearly passed out part-timer.

 

“Unnie, please let me take a rest. I’ve just rushed over from my club activities since they got delayed.” Yujin laid down on the floor, not really bothered by how dirty the floor is since it’s the last day of the school week.

 

“Beep!” A large horn can be heard from outside the workshop.

 

“That’s the truck, it’s here! C’mon, just this last one. Didn’t I promise to treat everyone to the buffet when we’re done with this?”

 

“Oh, that’s right! I forgot. Hehe.” The puppy got up as fast as she can when free food is brought up.

 

---

 

“Cheers to our 100th stocks being sold away in just 2 months!” Everybody from the workshop lifted their drinks as they started celebrating. Yujin was the only one underaged, so she got herself watermelon juice.

 

2 hours passed by quickly, and everyone started to leave for the night. After around 30 minutes, only the high-school girl and the bunny manager were left behind.

 

Since Eunbi was a little tipsy from the drinks, Yujin felt it was a good opportunity to ask her about the dating app. The usual Eunbi would never let Yujin crawl up to her back so easily.

 

“Manager unnie, so how’s the dating app so far? Did anyone like you back?” Yujin asked curiously.

 

“Hmm. I didn’t really check due to work. Sorry.” Eunbi slurred.

 

“Geez, work excuses again.” The younger sighed. “Then let’s open the app now to see what’s going on recently in your feed.”

 

The manager simply passed her phone to Yujin after unlocking it since she knew she was going to pass out at any moment.

 

“Wow.. as expected of my capable leader. You’ve got tons of girls asking out for your number. Never fail to be a girl crush huh?” Yujin smirked.

 

“Oh? There’s a star next to this girl. Let’s check her profile..” Yujin instantly froze when she saw the face. She recognized who the person on the screen was. The awkward silence from the puppy didn’t go unnoticed by the sharp manager.

 

“Who’s that? You know her?” Eunbi asked.

 

“Not really, she’s just so pretty I forgot how to breathe.” Yujin quickly dismissed the question to avoid being asked further. “By the way, she sent you a few messages, you should read them yourself.” She hastily passed the phone back to the original owner.

 

Eunbi opened her eyes with much effort from dozing off, but they stayed open when she read the messages. A timid smile slowly crept up on her face, but she quickly hid it with a poker face so she wouldn’t be teased by Yujin.

 

She looked at the time on her wristwatch and pulled the puppy along with her.

 

“Come on, we don’t want your parents to fret over how their daughter is still not home by 10 pm. Let’s go.”

 

“Okay.”