Chapter 12

You’re my pick!

“Yuri unnie, how does it feel like when you’re in love with someone?” The young bunny popped the question seeing how her cousin is grinning widely in front of the television for no reason. 

 

Startled by the sudden question concerning love, she swiftly faced the bunny. 

 

“Why are you interested in those kinds of topics? Have you possibly met somebody you like?” The older asked the flower girl.

 

“Hmm. I wouldn’t really say I like her. But she gives off positive vibes and I feel comfortable around her. I’m not really sure whether it’s love itself, that’s why I asked you since you are older than me. Surely you have some experiences with love…” The bunny eyed the older with hopeful eyes.

 

“Well.. I might be older but I don’t think I’m that physically attractive that others want to chase after me, unlike you.. Hehe” The older puppy admitted.

 

“Unnie! I’m not that attractive like you say..” The bunny pouted. “By the way, has anyone confessed to you? You always look like you’re in a happy dream nowadays lately.” 

 

When no response was heard from Yuri, only one thing passed through Wonyoung’s mind. 

 

“Yuri.exe has stopped working.”

 

“So someone did ask you out huh?” Wonyoung smirked at the blushing unnie.

 

“That’s none of your business.” The puppy stuttered while getting up to buy groceries for the family. 

 

“Sure~~ I just hope the person doesn’t play with your feelings or else she’ll get a honey punch from me!” The older puppy just laughed at the younger girl’s antics. 

 

---

 

“Yah hyung! What have you been up to lately? You’re always in a bright and cheerful mood.” Yujin walked alongside her childhood friend, Yena. 

 

“Nothing much. I just received my exam results. My highest is a solid B+. The highest record in all the years I study.” The duck grinned.

 

“Woahh, I bet somebody must have bribed you with the latest game installation currently rolled out in the gaming stores for you to reach your greatest potential.” The younger puppy awed at the older’s achievements.

 

“Nah, it wasn’t because of that. I have to give my thanks to ..” Yena suddenly paused, realizing what she was about to spill.

 

“To..?” The puppy asked in confusion.

 

“Ah nevermind about that. My tongue slipped, that’s all.” The duck tried to cover up the mistake, hoping the puppy wouldn’t catch on quick. 

 

“It’s someone you like. Isn’t it? You always try to do your best for whoever’s close to you. That part of you never changes since young.” Yujin grinned at the now flustered puppy. 

 

“Sigh.. whatever.” The duck looked away, too afraid to face Yujin to receive more teasing from the younger.

 

“Good for you! I wish you all the luck for your newly-wedded partner to embrace all of your stupidity.” The puppy shouted as they parted ways. 

 

“Stupid Yujin. Always teasing people since young. That part of you never changes either.. Seriously…” The duck smacked her own forehead. 

 

As the two walked their own ways, a certain puppy was thinking...

 

“Everyone around me is starting to get attached... Why do I feel so single? But it’s okay! That flower girl down the alley always cheers me up. I should go talk to her more now that I’m getting a little lonely.” She smiled to herself as she approaches near towards the door of her apartment. 

 

---

 

“Achoo!” The flower girl sneezed while handling some flowers at the counter. 

 

“Please excuse me. I think I’m getting flu.” She apologized to the customer.

 

“No don’t worry. I love seeing you around here. Kinda makes the atmosphere more cheerful and refreshing. It would be a pity for you to actually fall sick. Take care of your health dear!” The middle-aged woman consoled the girl as she took her bouquet of flowers. 

 

“As again, thank you for your patronage! See you again.” The flower girl waved to the customer.

 

“That’s weird. I don’t have any allergy towards flowers. Why am I suddenly sneezing so much after I met the girl?” The girl thought to herself but quickly ignored it when another customer called for her help.