Chapter 22

You’re my pick!

“Wonyoungie~~” The puppy skipped into the store only to be greeted by an older woman’s voice.

 

“Who is it? What do you want from my daughter?” The middle-aged woman turned her back to face the puppy.

 

The puppy immediately kept quiet and stared back at the lady. Before she could utter a word, a familiar voice rescued her.

 

“Oh mum! She’s the girl I was telling you about. Ever since she walked into our store, our sales have been improving progressively.” The flower girl came out of the storeroom at the back. 

 

“Hello again, Yujin!” Wonyoung waved to the puppy with smiles on her face. 

 

“Please pardon my intrusion, then.” The older woman left to the back of the store. 

 

The puppy simply smiled at the girl in front of her.

 

“Still looking good as ever huh?” She grinned.

 

“Yeah, and that’s probably because of you.” The flower girl blushed a little when she heard what she said.

 

“Aww, aren’t you cute?” The puppy continued smiling at the girl.

 

“By the way, I have something I need to ask you. I just don’t know whether it’s too difficult to answer or anything.” The puppy looked at the girl expectantly.

 

“Sure, as long as it’s related to flowers and plants alike, I can answer them.” The baby bunny said confidently.

 

“Hmm.. then do you know what kind of bush is good for camouflaging purposes?” The puppy spurted out without hesitation.

 

“What?” The baby bunny couldn’t believe her ears. She looked at the puppy in front of her speechless, not knowing how to answer that question. 

 

“Sigh.. sorry. I thought you know. That’s why I asked. It’s okay, it doesn’t matter.” The puppy waved her hand. 

 

“Oh no... it’s just that the question is so random and it’s my first time hearing somebody asking about a bush.” The bunny laughed. “Your sense of humor is really out of this world, Yujin-ah.” She smacked the other girl softly.

 

The two girls then chatted and laughed for a while before Yujin took her leave since it was getting dark and she needed to go back home. 

 

“Wonyoung, I’ll see you in two week’s time after I’m done with my school project!” 

 

“Okay, I’ll be waiting for you to visit us again!” The flower girl waved back as she saw the shadows of the puppy slowly fading into the dark.