Chapter 15

You’re my pick!

“Ducky~~ Do you think I look cute wearing this hamster headband?” The younger girl pouted at the duck childishly. 

 

Amused by her girlfriend’s action, she chuckled.

 

“You look like one of the members from ‘The Ham-hamz..’ and you have absolutely no idea how cute you are right now.” The duck pinched the hamster’s cheeks as she . 

 

“Unnie, can I be your hamster then?” Yena definitely did not expect this question to come from Yuri. She simply blanked out once the words were spoken.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes, dear.” The cheeky hamster winked back at her duck. 

 

“Gosh.. you don’t have to do that. You know I always fall for it…” Yena’s heart rate increases whenever Yuri shows her wink.

 

The two girls were at the newly-opened amusement park since morning and they were getting tired from all the rides, especially Yena who’s afraid of heights. To not be seen as a scaredy cat in front of her lover’s eyes, she overcame her fears and accompanied the girl throughout the entire time. They decided to take a break at the well-known cafe outlet. 

 

“One hot mocha for me and one bubble tea with extra pearls for my friend here. We’ll also like to order a slice of cheesecake.” The shorter girl smiled at the person behind the register, while paying for the food.

 

“Okay, please wait for a while. We’ll serve it to you shortly.” The guy smiled back. 

 

Yena suddenly felt her heart clench tight and instantly grabbed hold of the hamster’s wrist. 

 

“C’mon, let’s sit at the table over there.” She said while dragging the other girl along with her.

 

“Huh? Uh.. okay..” The hamster looked at the duck with confusion.

 

The two of them didn’t talk at all once they sat down. After a while, a voice broke the silence. 

 

“Table no. 34, your food is now being served. Have a nice day and enjoy your meal!” The same guy appeared at their table. 

 

Annoyed, Yena picked up the fork and started digging into the cake. 

 

“Oh thank you!” The hamster replied and waited for the guy to take his leave.

 

“Hey, ducky… Are you upset about something? You can just tell me. I won’t judge.” The hamster spoke up when she realized the duck hasn’t been looking at her for quite some time. 

 

“...”

 

The shorter girl was obviously running out patience so she held the duck’s other free hand that was resting on the table. The sudden act caught Yena by surprise, but she didn’t flinch or move away. Instead, she returned the gesture and crossed fingers with her girlfriend. 

 

“I was just..you know..” The duck quickly stuffed her food into so the hamster can’t make out the words clearly. 

 

“Just..?” The girl repeated.

 

“Eye-” The duck was about to steal one more mouth when Yuri took hold of the same fork and ate the cake. The member of the unnie line just looked on to the younger girl who her lips after tasting the cake. 

 

“What? It’s pretty delicious. I can understand why you were stuffing the cake all by yourself just now. Besides, don’t you have something to say?” The girl eyed the duck while continuing to eat from the fork.

 

Not willing to make a scene in public, the older girl gave in to the other and revealed what was bothering her. 

 

“Aww.. my baby got jealous when I smile at other people. Don’t worry ducky, my heart is only for you <3” The younger girl was about to wink, but somehow the older one shared the same brain-cell with her. 

 

“Don’t you dare. If I end up in the hospital today, it’s all your fault.” The unnie warned the younger girl.

 

“Ooh, scary. I’m about to faint... In your arms.” 

 

“You just had to..” The duck didn’t finish her sentence and princess-carried the hamster out of the cafe once the latter was done with the food. “..Make me do this in public. Is this what you want?” The red-faced duck muttered under her breath. 

 

It didn’t go unnoticed by the vocalist, with her soft reply. 

 

“Yes, duckling.”