Chapter 3

You’re my pick!

“SIgh… One more day of exams to go. I’m so tired already. I haven’t played any games for the entire week. How do you even survive that, unnie?” The duck pouted after leaving the examination hall.

 

“Well... I told myself I get to play games for the whole weekend after the exam week. By the way, you still owe me that vanilla cake that time. I’ll be waiting for it tomorrow when we go to our usual hangout.” Hyewon is definitely not letting Yena go since food is concerned.

 

“Alright, that’s fine with me. I might want to get a piece of fruit cake myself.” Yena smiled at the thought of food. “I just can’t wait for this to be over. Thanks for the encouragement! I have to study my hardest for the last day. See you tomorrow!” The duck went home hurriedly to buck up on her revision.

 

“Geez, I haven’t even told her about the latest game installation and there she goes. She must really want to get that grade this time. Makes me think what’s the real motivation behind all that though..” The pretty girl wondered as she walks home.

 

---

 

“Ah great, how do you work out on this formula again..” The room was filled with only sounds produced from the friction between the pen and paper. Hours passed by when you’re studying hard.

 

“Grumble… I’m hungry. I should go to eat before I eat up my own notes.” Hyewon decided to have a midnight break and checked through her phone for any updates, especially that dating app that she downloaded onto her phone a few days ago.

 

As soon as she did, she was not one bit surprised that she had over 100 notifications, most of which are from guys, claiming how pretty she is and that she’s their type.

 

“Disgusting, don’t they have any self-consciousness? Some are even attached... My lord, seriously.” Hyewon scrolled through some of the profiles with disapproval.

 

Just when she was about to close the app, a little chat notification at the bottom right corner caught her eye. It showed one successful match. At that moment, her bad mood was quickly cleared in an instant. The girl she picked first had liked her back. Though the message was short, she felt happy and decided to text back to try and get closer to the lady who liked her.

 

“Message sent:

Hello, thank you for showing an interest in me.

I saw from your profile that you’re a manager. Must be tough working in that position huh?”

 

“This should be good enough for a start.” Hyewon texted the stranger with trembling hands. When it comes to love, everything is new to her. Well, she might be pretty and got chased after a lot in school. But for her to be in a position to ask someone out, that’s a first. She looked at the time and panicked.

 

“I haven’t even started eating. I need to hurry if I don’t want to flunk again.” Hyewon stuffed the food into her balloon mouth as she finished the cup noodles in 3 bites.