2.6 Trying

School 2019 (IZ*ONE Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju was at the hospital, sitting beside Yujin who was lying unconscious on the hospital bed. Yujin was having a high fever and after all the activities for the day, her body gave up and she eventually fainted. Minju was relieved it was nothing serious. Minju hold Yujin’s hand tight. She blamed herself for not noticing Yujin was sick. Soon, Yujin opened her eyes, blinked a few times and she smiled weakly at Minju.

 

“Hello MinMin,” Yujin greeted.
“Yujinnie, you are up!”
“Yes, and I was blessed to see your face the moment I wake up,”
“You idiot! You should tell me if you are sick!” Minju scolded.
“It’s just a fever, I thought I can handle it, but I guess not,” Yujin giggled.
“You scared me! Don’t do that again!” Minju hit Yujin’s arm lightly.
“Ouch…”
“That’s for you! You are mean!” 
“Haha…sorry, I just want to make you happy,” Yujin said as she played with Minju’s finger.
“Don’t do that again, I might die out of shock,”
“I won’t, I promise,”
“Okay, now you rest, sleep because you need it,” Minju ordered.
“With one condition, sleep with me,” Yujin requested as she made space for Minju on her left.
“Fine,”

 

Minju climbed on the bed and lay down next to Yujin. Yujin wrapped her arm on Minju and Minju snuggled deeper into Yujin’s neck. Yujin body was warm because of the fever but Minju was unbothered. She just wanted to hug her puppy. She was grateful that she has Yujin by her side.

 

= = = = = 

 

It had been a week since Juri and Yuri talked to each other. They avoided each other and only exchanged glare. They lived under the same roof but they made it like each other never exist. Juri cooked for herself, do her own laundry only and bought food for herself only. It was unlike before when they shared everything and did everything together. Right now, they were like stranger in the house.Since that incident too, Juri always stayed by Yena’s side and Yuri was holding herself from having any interaction with Yena even though they are deskmate. After school, Juri will come to their class and took Yena away. Yena who was still unable to decide her feeling played along with Juri. Yena just followed whatever Juri said. It was frustrating for Yuri but she did not want to make things worse and at the same time, she wanted to focus on SNU admission. 

 

That day at school, Yuri was eating with Minju at the café when she saw Yena and Juri entered holding hands or more like Juri hold Yena’s hand forcefully. Yuri knew Juri saw her. Juri made all the unnecessary skinship with Yena, such as playing with her hair, finger or any part of Yena’s body that is touchable. Yuri slammed her spoon on the table which surprised Minju.

 

“Jo Yuri? What’s wrong?”
“Look at that stupid duck that can’t even decide!” Yuri pointed at the couple.

 

Minju turned to look at the couple, feeling disgusted she looked away and continued eating her food.

 

“I would rather not see that,” Minju said.
“I know they are a couple but why am I feeling like this? I distract myself with all the work but I keep thinking about that stupid duck!” Yuri fed herself a spoonful of rice.
“Maybe you need to step up your game, why don’t you do something if you really like her, like ask her for a date or anything,” 
“But, Juri is my friend, I hurt her enough, I can’t hurt her more,” Yuri sighed as she put her spoon down.
“You are so hopeless Yuri,” 

 

Yuri saw the couple sitting but Yena’s face showed that she was all annoyed. Juri was trying to feed her but she rejected her at all cost. Suddenly, their eyes met. Yuri felt her heart beating fast but that moment was cut short when Juri interfered again.

 

“Told you to do something but you won’t,” Minju stated.

 

However, Yuri froze when she saw Yena walking towards her. At the same time, she saw Juri was all pissed of on her seat. Yena stood in front of their table, looking nervous,

 

“Jo Yuri!”

 

Yuri stared at Yena, confused and Minju who was busy eating switched her attention to that talking duck too.

 

“What is it?” Yuri asked with curiosity.
“Let’s date,” Yena proposed.

 

Minju almost choked on her food and she drank her cola fast. Yuri’s jaw dropped at the questioned.

 

“Yena, what did you say?” Minju asked after she saved herself from choking.
“I’m asking Jo Yuri for a date,” Yena answered with confident.
“But you are dating Juri,” Minju reminded, yes, she is talking for the frozen Yuri.
“I’m not, we broke up a few days ago but she keeps clinging onto me and I don’t like it, that’s why I want to date you instead,” Yena explained.
“Woah, have you decided who to choose?” Minju asked again.
“Not really, that’s why I want to confirm it by asking Yuri for a date,” Yena replied.
“Not so fast duck, you broke up with her bestfriend a few days ago and now you want to date he, are you crazy?” Minju trying to knock some sense into Yena.
“I’m not asking you for a date Kim Minju, you can date Yujin, I’m asking Yuri if she want to date me,” Yena was persistent.
“No, she-“
“Yes, I will go on a date with you, Yena” Yuri cut the noisy Minju.
“Great, I will text you later,” Yena smiled and left the café, jumping in joy.
“Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter