Surprise!

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

Narrator’s POV

It’s been 3 weeks since Y/N, Ria, and Tine arrived back to their hometown.

Ria and Tine were still in contact of Chang Wook and Joo Hyuk despite their busy schedules. While Y/N would occasionally talk to the members of Super Junior via video call.

Running a specialized center takes all of the time of the three girls.

It was Friday afternoon and Y/N, Ria, and Tine just finished their classes.

“Mama, Tine and I will go ahead, is that okay?” Ria asked Y/N
“Where you guys going?” Y/N looked at them.
“Chang Wook Oppa and Joo Hyuk Oppa is at the airport. We’ll pick them up and we’re going on a trip…” Tine embarrassedly told Y/N avoiding eye contact.
“OPPA?! AIRPORT? TRIP? Wah, how about me?” Y/N whined.
“Ya, remember we asked you last week if you wanted to come!” Tine defended herself.

*flashback*

Tine and Ria were contemplating how to tell Y/N that Chang Wook and Joo Hyuk are visiting them next weekend and you planned to go on a ‘couples trip’. However, they didn’t want Y/N to be left out. The two girls decided just to drop the bomb on Y/N.

“Mama…” Ria locked arms with Y/N
“What did you do?” Y/N suspiciously asked her.
“We’re going out next week with Chang Wook and Joo Hyuk. We’ll go to the highlands and spend the weekend there, do you want to go with us?” Ria was acting cute hoping that Y/N won’t get surprised with the idea that the boys are flying to their hometown.
“I’ll pass. It’s only Wednesday but my ‘tiredness’ level is so high it can compensate for Friday next week. You guys go and enjoy yourselves. I don’t want to be a fifth-wheel too.” Y/N said.

*end of flashback*

“Ahh… I forgot. You guys go.” Y/N scratched her head and hugged her two friends.
“Hey! Remember, take care, enjoy and just keep it lowkey.” She reminded her friends as they left.

Y/N’s POV

Damn, I am just too tired. It’s been an hour since Tine and Ria left and here I am sitting on our office. I was about to head off when someone knocked on the door.

“Come in!” I said.

Ms. Mae, our secretary entered.
“Teacher Y/N, we’re leaving already.” She said.
“Go ahead, I’ll stay for a while. I’ll close up the center.” I smiled and waved at our staff goodbye.

Instead of heading off, I decided to stay for another hour. I looked at my phone and looked at the articles about Shindong’s ‘mystery woman’ where there’s a picture of me that he took when he went to my place on the article. Another article where I was at the airport with Eunyhyuk and claims that I am dating him. Reading the comments made me more tired. I decided to close the center and go home. I was walking towards my car when I saw a man wearing a blue sweater with a cap on, sitting on the ground with his eyes focused on his phone, with a small luggage on his side and a Mcdonalds’ paper bag on top of my car.

“Excuse me, can I help you?” I cautiously walked towards the man.
“Y/N-ssi…” The man looked at me and removed his mask.
“Eh? Donghae-ssi…” Donghae stood up and ran towards me while projecting his baby like smile. When I saw him smile I felt this unusual feeling. I shrugged it off and smiled back.
“What are you doing here? How did you know I was here? How long have you been out here?” I bombarded him with questions.

Donghae sniffed maybe because it is cold and handed me the McDonalds’ paper bag.

“I wanted to spend time with you. I wanted to surprise you so I messaged Ria and asked what were your plans this weekend. She told me that you were just staying at home. I then asked our manager for your mom’s number and I kept in contact with her.” He said and I blushed.

“How long have you been waiting out here?” I asked him.
“Since 4…”
“You should’ve entered!” I jokingly punched his shoulder.
“Waiting for you was worth it.” He smiled and damn my heart started beating faster. It then started to rain. It was already gloomy since this morning but I didn’t know that it would rain.

“Let’s hop in, it’s starting to rain.” I told him.

We both went inside the car and I started to drive. I was so embarrassed when my phone connected to my car and started playing ‘Oppa Oppa’ since I was playing it on repeat.

Donghae laughed and started singing and dancing on his seat. I felt so privileged to have a member of Super Junior perform right beside me. I was looking at him from time to time and he was smiling and giving his 100% as if he’s on a concert.

While I was driving, and Donghae was telling stories about the other members and how they have schedules from time to time. We stopped at an intersection and I asked him “where are you staying by the way?”
“I’m planning to book a hotel near your house… which reminds me, what hotel is near to your place?” he answered.
“Planning? I looked at him and he nodded his head.
“You can stay at my house. I have an extra room you can stay there until you go back.” I smiled at him.
“What? Are you sure that’s okay?” He looked at me.
“Of course. You talked to my mom right? I guess she told you that you can sleep at my house and you’re too shy to do so therefore you’re booking into a hotel that’s near my place. My mom would get mad at me if she knew I let you stay at a hotel. Besides, you already waited and went here for me, the best thing I could offer is you not spending any money.” I told him.

I started to drive again and we entered the village I am living at. We passed by my family house “that’s our family house.” I pointed to him.
“Why don’t you live there?” He asked me.
“Too much painful memories” I told him and continued to drive.

We also passed by Ria’s and Tine’s house. After a while, I turned off the engine as I parked my car at the garage. It was now raining heavily and I smiled. The rain makes me happy. For some odd reason, it gives me comfort. I looked at Donghae who was putting his camera inside his bag.

“Yah, you were taking pictures of me?” I jokingly asked him.
“Yes, I like the sparkle in your eyes when you saw it was raining so I decided to take pictures of you.” I was caught off guard by his answer.
“You wait there, I’ll get the umbrella.”

I went down and walked to his side to cover him from the rain. He got his things and we went inside.

“You live here alone?” He asked me as he looked at my house.
“Yes.” I placed his things in the living room.
“Don’t you get lonely?”
“Of course I do get lonely. But since Ria and Tine lives so closely, sometimes they sleep here.” I told him.
“Donghae-ssi, I’ll show you to your room. You can shower first then let’s eat the food that you bought.”
“Okay.” And he followed me.

Donghae’s POV:

As I entered Y/N’s house it shocked me how she’s living her life. She’s living alone in a house that could fit a starting family. I asked her if she ever get lonely and hearing her admit that she does get lonely makes me not want to leave.

We walked towards the room I am staying in and it’s beside her room.

“There’s a comfort room inside that you can use. I’ll be here at the next room. I’ll take a shower first and I’ll fix our food.” She smiled and left the room.

Now that I am all alone I lied down, got my camera and looked at the pictures that I’ve taken. As I look at the pictures I can see how Y/N smiles so freely.

I wish I could make her smile like this all the time.

I took out my phone and opened our chat box. I saw that there were articles that showed pictures of me and Y/N a while ago in the parking area. How stupid of me to get recognized. Good thing it was dark and Y/N’s face wasn’t shown. I zoomed in the pictures and it wasn’t that clear. Even the members don’t know if I am really the person at the picture. I dropped my phone and took a long shower.

I was getting dressed when Y/N knocked on my door and said:
“Donghae-ssi, are you done showering? I’ll be at the living room okay? I’ll fix our food there.”
“Yeah, I am just dressing up. I’ll follow you once I am done.”

I went out and saw Y/N. My heart started to beat fast when I saw her wearing home clothes and fixing our food. It feels like we’re playing house… YAH LEE DONG HAE SNAP OUT OF IT.

This weekend is not yet starting but I don’t want this to end…