Meaningless Steps

Something New (OnHo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The more Jinki thought about it, the more he became worried for Minho. What if he’s the next target? What if Kibum keeps killing to get his attention? But then again, Jinki knew he also didn’t have any solid proof, just speculation and a conversation.

 

He tried to calm himself down, deep breaths and reminders that coincidences happen. But after hours of rereading articles and repeating the same things to himself, he saw the sun start to rise. He sighed, his body and mind tired and worn out, but a new day had started and he couldn’t just sleep now.

 

Jinki stumbled out of bed and to the kitchen, struggling to find the items necessary to make coffee. Once he had the coffee pot going, he sat down on the couch, hoping to rest a little. But his eyes fell closed and the next thing he knew he saw Kibum.

 

There was a smile on his face that made Jinki sick, and when Kibum started walking Jinki felt like he was being pulled along. He was behind Kibum now, and he let his gaze go down, only to see a knife clutched in one of Kibum’s hands.

 

Fear struck Jinki, and then he saw Minho and he tried to yell, scream, anything. Minho’s back was turned, and Jinki was begging him to turn around.

 

“He can’t hear you” What was only vaguely Kibum’s voice echoed in his mind.

 

And then the knife was plunged into Minho’s back. Again. And again. And Jinki screamed, tears making his face wet. Suddenly, there was a jolt and Jinki gasped as his eyes opened.

 

“Jinki? Jinki are you okay?” Minho’s voice came through to him and Jinki wanted to cry.

 

Jinki couldn’t speak, he pulled Minho towards him and into a hug, a few little tears falling out. And while Jinki couldn’t see his roommate’s face, he knew Minho was confused. But as arms started to carefully wrap around him, he knew Minho didn’t care.

 

“It was just a dream, everything’s okay now” Minho’s hand came up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter