A Deep Place In Your Heart

Something New (OnHo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m home” Jinki announced, disappointed that there was no response.

 

He hadn’t seen Minho all day and he’d be lying if he said it didn’t upset him. He was in love with him, of course he’d want to see him after a day of work. That’s how he justified it to himself. It wasn’t late enough for him to be asleep, but Jinki thought he’d check anyway.

 

A few knocks and there was no answer, so he slowly opened the door. He glanced into the room and was sad to find no Minho. He sighed, closing the door and pulling out his phone, debating giving him a call or texting him.

 

He called him, of course.

 

It rang the whole time, sending Jinki to voicemail, and also into panic mode. The dream was still having its effect on him. Instead of leaving a voicemail, he called again, afraid Minho was in danger.

 

About five rings and Minho answered.

 

“Hello?” He sounded tired and a little frustrated.

 

“Hey, I haven’t seen you all day and you didn’t answer the first time and I got scared” Jinki explained a little too quickly.

 

Minho chuckled, “It’s okay, I’m just running late today, had to run an errand and it took a little longer than expected” an abrupt honk let Jinki know he was driving, or at least near a street.

 

“Sorry, I probably added more stress by calling you” Jinki felt bad for the many times he’s made Minho worry in the past few days.

 

“No, no, it’s fine, I’m actually happy to hear your voice. It’s nice to hear someone familiar after so long” Minho’s sincerity shine through his words and Jinki smiled.

 

“Are you headed home now?” Jinki asked, going to sit in his room.

 

“Sorta, back to the office first to clock out, then home from there” Jinki decided he loved Minho’s voice.

 

“I’ll wait up for you, I’ll make us some ramen when you get home” Jinki suggested, imagining Minho’s smile.

 

“That sounds great! Hopefully I’ll be home soon” There was a little nervousness in his voice but Jinki pretended he didn’t hear it.

 

“Okay, see you soon!” Jinki chimed into the phone.

 

“See you soon” Minho chuckled, and the two hung up.

 

Jinki couldn’t wipe the smile from his face as he made his way to the living room, he guessed absence really did make the heart grow fonder. He pulled out two cup ramen, preparing them to go in the microwave, but instead he placed them beside the microwave.

 

He sat down on the couch and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter