This Uneasy Night

Something New (OnHo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinki insisted he stay at the hospital with Minho, while Minho insisted they all go home and get some good rest. Although, Taemin didn’t have to be told twice, telling the couple goodbye and happily leaving the hospital. Minho let him and Jonghyun take his car, saying it was dangerous to walk home this late, the two also insisting they call Jinki when they arrive home. Taemin was grateful to have such caring friends, even if he thought it was a bit much.

 

“There it is” Taemin announced as he pulled his phone out from under the passenger seat.

 

“How’d it get all the way under there?” Jonghyun asked in shock.

 

“I wish I knew” Taemin laughed, closing the back door only to open the front door.

 

“I guess I’m dropping you off?” Jonghyun turned to Taemin from the driver’s seat.

 

“Yes please” Taemin spoke formally as if he was in a taxi.

 

“You better give me a good tip” Jonghyun joked.

 

“Yes, sir” Taemin laughed as Jonghyun started the car.

 

As they began to leave, a certain kind of happiness washed over Taemin. Despite everything, they were happy and safe, even Jinki and Minho had pushed through and were dating again. Taemin laid back in his seat, the same seat that hours ago he sat anxiously in as Minho explained things he never thought he’d hear. And he thinks he must’ve dozed off because before he knew it they were in front of his house, Jonghyun’s hand on his.

 

“This is your stop” Jonghyun smiled at the younger.

 

Taemin unbuckled and smiled back, “Thank you for driving me”

 

“Of course” Jonghyun replied and Taemin began to get out of the car, “Where’s my tip?!” Jonghyun pretended to be upset.

 

Taemin laughed and turned around, leaning across the center console to peck Jonghyun’s cheek. Jonghyun smiled shyly, grabbing Taemin’s hand and pulling him in for a proper kiss. It d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter