In The Wind

Something New (OnHo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun didn’t expect to see Kibum when he walked out of Minho’s room, he especially didn’t expect Jinki to leave the two of them alone in the hallway. He refused to make eye contact as he decided to go straight for the bathroom, that’s what he had stepped out to do anyway.

 

“Jonghyun” Kibum’s voice was soft, and he didn’t think he’d ever hear it like that again.

 

Jonghyun turned around reluctantly, “What do you want?”

 

“To apologize, for using you, and then breaking it off like that” Kibum’s gaze told him the younger was serious.

 

“Why all of a sudden? Why now do you feel sorry?! What changed?!” Jonghyun couldn’t help getting mad.

 

“I had a talk with Taemin and-“

 

“You mean last night when you almost killed him?!” Jonghyun interrupted and Kibum looked down.

 

“You know about that” Kibum sounded dejected, the tone unfitting of the usually confident Kibum.

 

“He’s not a good liar Kibum, and who else would hold a knife to Taemin’s throat?!” Jonghyun had stepped towards Kibum now.

 

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t in my right mind” Kibum confessed, and Jonghyun was getting fed up with how sad he sounded.

 

“Why don’t you sound like you usually do?! The cockiness and confidence, where’d it go?! Or is this just you showing off your great acting?!” He imitated the way Kibum has said that to him just days ago.

 

Kibum was silent now and it unsettled Jonghyun, did he go too far? Was he in danger? He watched as Kibum got down on his knees, bending down and formally bowing to Jonghyun.

 

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun didn’t know how to feel.

 

“I’ve made many mistakes and I’m so very sorry, but I want to make it up to you somehow… I want to be your friend” Jonghyun was shocked at the younger, is he really serious?

 

“Kibum, are you just playing around? Or are you actually serious about this?” He really couldn’t believe Kibum had changed so suddenly.

 

“I’m serious, I don’t want to fight with you anymore, I want you all to be able to trust me and call me your friend” Kibum insisted and Jonghyun nodded to himself.

 

“Well then get up, I can’t say I forgive you, but I’m not going to let you continue to embarrass yourself” Jonghyun watched him stand, a small smile on his lips.

 

“I don’t expect you to forgive me, especially not so soon” Kibum told him, dusting off his pants.

 

Jonghyun just nodded, turning his back to the younger to head to the bathroom. He was trying to wrap his head around the situation, his ex boyfriend, who has tried to kill his current boyfriend, twice, now wanted to put all that behind them and be friends? He shook his head, this wasn’t how he saw things going. Sure Kibum protected Jinki and helped them with Minho, and Taemin had even told him about how Kibum took out the loan sharks. But, he couldn’t just forgive him and move on, and he was sure he wasn’t the only one.

 

Jonghyun left the bathroom and headed back to Minho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter