Twenty Six

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow! You look like ." 

Wendy gaped as Eunhee tiredly entered her house, usually the young businesswoman would already have some sarcastic comeback but she just plopped on Wendy's couch and placed the box that she brought on her center table. 

"Emily?" 

Eunhee just looked at her then tears started to fall down her face. "I hate Zhang Yixing~" she sobbed. "I hate his stupid face! I hate his sparkling brown eyes! I hate his melodious laugh! I hate his dimples that makes him look like an innocent little kid! I hate how great he is at playing the guitar and singing! I hate that he taught me how to dance! I hate how hardworking he is! I hate how much passionate he is when it comes to his work! I hate that he took care of me when I was younger! I hate him! I hate him!" Eunhee was full on crying. 

"Oh, Ems~" Wendy said as he hugged her best friend. "What happened?" 

"Stupid Zhang Yixing went on a vacation with little miss perfect and hasn't been replying to my messages." Eunhee sobbed. "Wendy! What should I do?"  

"Just cry your heart out, and eat that whole box of chicken you brought for me." Wendy looked at her best friend sympathetically. 

"But what about you?" Eunhee sniffled. 

"I~ am going to have a great time with my other best friend," She said as she stood up. "Chum Churum." 

"What are you eating, though?"

"I'm not eating your chicken, Ems. At the rate that you are crying right now, you are going to go all Smeagol on me if I touch that chicken." Wendy shook her head. 

"You really know me best." Eunhee said as she laid her head on her best friend's shoulders.  

"I do." Wendy said as she took out a plastic of chips and started pouring a shot of soju for herself. 

"You can take one," Eunhee said as she breathed through her tears and opened the box of chicken. 

"I'd rather not." Wendy said as she drank the soju. 

"What time is your rounds?" Eunhee said as she munched on her chicken. 

"It's my day-off tomorrow. You, what time is work?" 

"I'm going to Shanghai for business in about," Eunhee looked at her watch. "Eight hours."

"Then why are you here!" 

"Because stupid Yixing is being stupid! I hate him!" 

"No, you don't." Wendy sighed. 

"No, I don't." Eunhee's eyes started to water as she violently ate her chicken leg.

"Emily Kim. I have known you for six years now, and you never shut up about Zhang Yixing." Wendy shook her head. "I almost memorized his schedule in college. I am the only one who calls him Yixing, they all call him Lay! It's because you always call him that." 

"Yeah, you should stop calling him that. I don't like it." Eunhee frowned. "I guess I just have to it up and continue loving him even if he wouldn't ever feel the same way." 

"Yeah, or you could just move on and try to date others~" Wendy suddenly said. They froze for a few moments before laughing out loudly.

Like that would ever happen. 

Eunhee realized her love for Yixing when she was twenty. Five years later, she is still in love with him. 

"My life . Doesn't it?" Eunhee said, wiping her eyes then getting her second piece of chicken leg. 

"It does." Wendy agreed downing another glass of soju. They sat in silence for a few minutes, checking their SNS, continuing eating (for Eunhee) and drinking (for Wendy). 

"I slept with your cousin." 

Eunhee coughed uncontrollably as Wendy suddenly blurted out the statement. "WHAT??!" she spluttered. 

"I know. It was last night. I just finished a nine-hour surgery and getting my coffee and I just... saw him and he was there and we had dinner at The Zhang and then we went to his room and started kissing, then he started to do that thing with his-" 

"WENDY! HOLY ! I DON'T HAVE TO KNOW THAT!" Eunhee cut her friend off, then poured a shot of soju for herself. "Kkkkkk... I need something stronger than this." She looked at her friend who looked like she was in the verge of crying. 

"Now, I'm just another girl in his list." Wendy cried. "I'm so stupid! And weak!" 

"Oh, Seungwan!" Eunhee said as she hugged her friend. "It's okay. At least you know that once on your life, he loved you." 

"The keyword there is loved." Wendy sighed. "Boys ." She said after a while.  

"Yup, they do." Eunhee said as she clinked her shot glass against Wendy's and sighed. 

 

 

 

 

Eunhee rang the doorbell at the topmost floor of One Pacific Park, one of the most expensive condominiums in Shanghai. The place is a compound with seven medium-rise buildings, a playground, swimming pool, daycare, and community center. Most of the affluent people in Shanghai chose to live here even if they have bigger mansions in the outskirts of the city as they have corporate jobs and it would be a hassle to travel to and from the suburbs everyday. It is also where Luhan, Gabrielle, and their son, Lujin resides. 

She just came home from a gruelling day at the office and she plans to go back there tomorrow and meet Kris in the afternoon. But she reckoned that she should visit her good friends and favorite two-year-old to get rid of the stress first. She was holding a huge teddy bear on her face hoping that Luhan or Gabrielle would open the door with Lujin. The door suddenly opened and she happily shouted. 

"SURPRISE!" 

Her face fell as she saw who answered the door. "Yixing?" 

"Eunhee-" 

"Emweee!" A little ball of energy launched himself to Eunhee's legs. 

"Oh, hey buddy! How are you?" Eunhee cooed as she picked Lujin up and walked inside. The little boy just happily giggled then nuzzled on Eunhee's neck. "Maaa! Emwweee!" 

"Oh, hey Ems! You're here." Gabrielle greeted her friend. 

"Hey, Emily. What a surprise!" Luhan made his way to hug the younger girl.  

"PAPA!" Lujin said as he struggled against Eunhee to cling to his father and whisper loudly. "Pway wid Emwee and Xing." 

"You want to play with Aunt Emi and Uncle Xing?" Luhan asked his son. The boy eagerly nodded. "You don't mind, do you?" He asked Eunhee and Yixing. 

"It's alright." 

"It's fine. Here let me take him." Yixing answered. "Come on, bud. Hop on Xing's plane!" He said as he put Lujin on his back. "Wheeessshhh! Whooooooo!" Yixing started to move around in circles as the little boy giggled. "We're landing on the runway! Weeeee--oohhhhhh!" 

"Emily, please make sure none of those two kids get injured. We're just preparing dinner." Gabrielle gave the girl a smile. 

"Of course, Jie. I'll make sure that Lujin gets back to you in one piece." She walked to the sitting room where Yixing and Lujin are playing on the floor. 

"Itsy bitsy spider went out the water spout, down came the rain and wash the spider out," Yixing sang as he made his two fingers crawl all over Lujin. "Out came the sun and dried up all the rain, and the itsy-bitsy spider climbed up the spout again~" he tickled the boy as he finished the song. Lujin happily laughed as his Yixing tickled him uncontrollably. 

"Emwee! Read book!" Lujin exclaimed as he laughed and pulled Eunhee to sit beside Yixing. "Here!" He gave her a book about dinosaurs and then he sat on Yixing's lap. Eunhee cleared to start reading, but Lujin whined. "Closer!" 

"What?" 

The little boy crawled and tried to pull Eunhee closer to him and Yixing, he only became satisfied when there was no longer a space between the two adults. "Book! Read book!" He exclaimed. 

Eunhee cleared again as she noticed how close she is to Yixing. Their face are only inches apart and they are literally side by side, with half of Lujin sitting in one of Yixing's thighs and the other half on Eunhee's. Eunhee's heart raced and she felt butterflies on her stomach, she can smell Yixing's scent.

"Emwee!" Lujin w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter