Twenty Two

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"President Oh, Secretary Park, Manager Ong," Chanmi greeted as she went in the room with her boss. Behind them is Hwang Minhyun, one of the managers of Daesan's Marketing Department. If this partnership goes smoothly, the plans will be executed by his team. "I am Secretary Kim Chanmi from the Chief Financial Officer's office, this is Manager Hwang Minhyun from our Marketing Department, and this is our CFO, Vice President Kim Eunhee." She gestured at Daniel and Eunhee as the two made their way to the Hanshin representatives. 

Eunhee is the one in front, she greeted Seongwu and Sooyoung with a bow, and finally she stood in front of Sehun. 

"Hi, Sehun." She said with a smile. 

"Eunhee~" Sehun's heart was thumping loudly. He only hoped Eunhee could not feel his pulse as she held out her hand and shook his. 

"It's nice to see you again, President Oh." 

"You two know each other?" Chanmi suddenly blurted out. Sooyoung narrowed her eyes at the other secretary, she was not supposed to say that. It was too casual. "Sorry, VP." Chanmi bowed her head. 

"It's okay, Secretary Kim." Eunhee chuckled. "President Oh and I were actually old friends. We were in the same school from first grade until mid-high school. After seeing our other friends last weekend, it's nice to see another familiar face." Lie. She was actually dreading seeing him again. She is not ready for any of this. Why is fate being a fickle to her and making her meet all of them again in less than one week in Seoul. 

"Eun-" 

"But enough about us. This is supposed to be a business meeting. We can catch-up later, right Sehun?" Eunhee cut him off before he can even say a word. 

"Right. Right," He said as she went back around to the other side of the table where the Daesan representatives are sitting. "Manager Ong, if you would please." 

Eunhee was impressed with the presentation. Manager Ong certainly knows what he is doing, and their proposal really is inviting. Hanshin has a very good public perception right now, and partnering with them in the midst of the shifting of management would be good for the company's image. It would mean that the automobile giant trusts Minseok and his leadership team. Of course, Hanshin needs them too, they need Daesan's ties outside of Korea more than Daesan needs them for publicity in Korea. Daesan is one of the most stable Asian companies globally, for Hanshin to penetrate the world market more, they would need the financial empire's help.

She wanted to be focused on Manager Ong's presentation, but Eunhee can't because she can feel a certain man's eyes on her.

Oh Sehun has been staring at her forty minutes and it's making her antsy. It's not that she's nervous meeting him, she actually wanted to get rid of the awkwardness that's why she acknowledged him a while ago. But it seems as if Sehun is not really focusing on the meeting, and even Sooyoung was wondering why her boss is so weird. He's never been distracted like this before on a meeting. 

"... Please feel free to send me an email if you have any questions." Manager Ong said as he concluded his presentation. 

"Give us a couple of days to discusss with the other directors, then we can further talk." Eunher said as she stood up. 

The two sides bowed at each other and started to walk towards the door of the conference room. Just as Eunhee was about to reach for the door handle, Sehun also raised his hand. Eunhee felt a jolt in the tip of her fingers just as her and Sehun's hands touch. 

"Sorry!" She squeaked. It's just static, calm down Eunhee. 

Chanmi looked surprise at her boss' reaction. VP Kim doesn't squeak. She never loses composure. 

"It's okay, Eunhee-yah." Sehun smiled at her. 

President Oh just smiled. What the hell is going on? Sooyoung raised her eyebrows.

Wow, he actually doesn't look scary when he smiles. He looks playful, thought Seongwu as he remembered the managers' meetings that they dreaded because President Oh Sehun would be there. 

"Thank you, President Oh." Eunhee cleared . "We'll let you know our answer." She said as she bowed to the three Hanshin representatives and scurried to the elevator. 

Sehun chuckled. He never liked people's awkwardness. It seemed stupid to him before, but now looking at Eunhee, it seems... adorable. 

A thought that has been lingering in his mind during the past eight years has been confirmed as he was looking at Eunhee during the meeting while his stomach is doing somersaults and his heart was beating rapidly. He was just in-denial in high school. He truly was in love with Eunhee ever since then. If he only accepted it, then he wouldn't have lost eight years with her. He was a fool. 

He now knew where his Eunhee is. And he would be damned if he lets her go again. 

 

 

 

 

"That's the only thing you'll be giving your bestfriend?" Tao gasped as he dangled the Gucci paper bag in his forefingers. "It's the first time in eight years that we won't be living in the same city and all you're giving me is one Gucci sweater?!"

"It's custom made, Tao." Eunhee sighed. 

"But only one?! Seriously?" He looked at her incredulously. "It doesn't even have a matching scarf! This is your farewell gift?!" 

"You're just four hours away, Tao." Wendy rolled her eyes at the other male. Tao is going to be transferred as the head of their Asia Pacific Branch in Hong Kong, and he will be starting work next week. Out of all of them, Kris is the only one who will be returning to New York, Luhan is already settled in China, and the Kim cousins and Yixing are already in Seoul. "You can just fly here whenever you want to. I mean, you're a VIP at East Asia Air." She added. 

"Shut it, second best friend." Tao told the other girl. "You don't know how it feels!" 

"I've been away from all of you for the past year and I'm doing okay." Wendy retorted. 

"That's cause you live in the hospital, Wendy Son. You are so busy being the best surgeon in Seoul that you don't even have time to think about us anymore." 

"He's hopeless." Wendy told Eunhee. 

The three were having dinner at the Zhang Shangri-la's restaurant. They would have dined out at another place, but Wendy insisted that she should be near the hospital in case of emergencies. Since Yixing's hotel is near the hospital she is working at, the three decided to just eat there.

"You're going to be okay, Tao. We'll visit often." Eunhee said. 

"It's still not the same." 

"It's part of growing up, Zitao." Wendy sighed. "Sometimes, we just have to let some things go to make way for bigger things." She gave a sad smile as she looked down. 

Eunhee can feel the sadness radiating from Wendy, so she decided to get her out of her slump. "Why don't we go out for drinks?" 

"Emily, we agreed to eat here because I'm on call, remember?" Wendy gave her a look. 

"But it's been a quiet night so far!" Eunhee reasoned. "And it's Zitao's last night in Seoul. Come on, don't you want to go out just as we did in college?" 

The three of them had been a trio of fun in college. They used to go out and party a lot, but still maintain their anonymity and academic standing (Tao wasn't really particular with his grades, Wendy is a genius, and Eunhee had to work twice as hard in school). 

"Fine." Wendy huffed but smiled. "But we have to stop before 2, I need to go back to the hospital and nap before our rounds."

"That's our girl!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter