Past ( Hitomi : DK )

Lets Go (Seventeen and Izone)

*********

Hitomi

=^● ⋏ ●^=

It was the summer of 10th Grade. I remembered it well.

Nayoung went to my house that day.

"Please Hii-chan it'll only take a minute" she said. "I forgot it in my desk"

"Eh? your wallet?"

"Aha"

"But you were holding it yesterday when we went to the temple"

That got her thinking, I almost laughed . She's so determined, so I went with her.

Even though she's weird along the way.

She was even weirder when she left me in the Archery Range just didn't thought about it that much because Nayoung was always that way.

"I'll be back in a bit just don't go anywhere"

I didn't though.

I mean the view in there was really nice. You could hear the cicadas and the breeze as you walk under the tree.

The Outdoor Archery Range is near the courtyard so I could hear some students practicing.

Soccer probably.

Felix and Vernon are probably there.

I was thinking if I should go and watch them, when I saw Seok Min or I mean DK holding a bow stringer coming towards the range.

He kept telling us to call him DK but there were times we stuck to his name.

I waved at him.

I remember how he didn't waved back instead he kept his face still looking pass me.

I was weirded out because he's always the smiley one in our group of friends.

That's why when he stopped in front of me and said-

"Would you go out with me?" I was taken aback. I tried to look around to see if any of my friends set this prank up but the Archery court yard was practically empty.

I looked at him in front of me.

I really didn't know him well.

We're in the same circle of friends but that's probably because we're all in the sports track.

We sat away from each other.

But he's always the noisy one in the group. He always try to make everyone around him laugh.

"Anou?" I voiced out.

"Ah I know its sudden but- uhm, I really like you for quite some time"

His face is red.

I was thinking about the times he kept teasing me about my reading habits, or the time he kept asking me about a question he clearly knew when he taught it to Vernon in class.

Or when he smiles every time he looks at me.

I thought he's just like that.

I didn't know what I said back then.

That's the only thing I can't remember.

Even the reason why I said yes.

***********

"You want some?" Hitomi glanced at the corn dog cart and nod. She rarely went to this side of the street whenever she wonders around at night.

Hoshi sometimes accompany her but he'd been busy for the pass  few days.

DK went to the cart when Hitomi realized she forgot to ask for extra cheese when DK came back with one.

"Here"

Hitomi stared at it.  DK looked panicked for a second. "Why? Ah I forgot to ask do you still like cheese?"

Hitomi shook her head and took the food. She walked ahead but DK catches up with her walking beside her.

"Yeah" she muttered "I still like it"

"I actually watched the contest you, Nako and Chaewon participated in"

"What contest?"

"Cheese eating"

Hitomi laughed.

"Ahhh, Oh I forgot I went to one of your tournaments. The twins and Vernon asked me to go with them. You're still doing your crowd searching thing"

"Its a habit, but you went? How come I never saw you after?"

"Ah, I went ahead. Your surrounded by a lot of girls so Nako went with me. The others didnt right?"

"Were you jealous?"

Hitomi didn't answer him instead she kept silent.

Why did I said girls again?

"Ah mian, you were never jealous when we're still together"

Hitomi kept silent on the way to the foot bridge and stopped beside the bus stop beside it.

Hitomi faced him.

"What did you want to talk about?"

**********

DK

"She's not there you know" DK looked at Woozi who's sitting on the bench beside him. It's before the tournament so theirs a lot of people in the audience area.

DK's waiting for his turn in the player's room.

"I'm not looking for her"

"Keep telling yourself that"

"Really I'm not"

"10th Grade DK is frowning at you"

"Just stop, why are you here?"

"Just being a little devil"

"So you admit you're little?"

"I'm never cheering you again, good luck"