02 - Confirmed

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Finally.” Mikyung stretched her arms over her head. “Our shift is finally over, and I need some sleep.”

Haeun shook her head with a smile on her face, “You and your sleep.”

Mikyung yawned with a hand over , “I need my beauty sleep just like you, Haeun.”

“Yes, yes.” Haeun nodded.

“Yahoo!” Haeri called out waving her arm in the air.

“Oh! There’s Haeri unnie.” Mikyung linked arms with Haeun and pulled her towards the older woman.

“How was your night shift?” Haeri asked when the two younger women reached the car.

“Tiring, like always.” Mikyung yawned as she opened the backseat door. “I want to just sleep once we get back.” She climbed into the backseat and closed the door.

Haeun shook her head as she got into the passenger’s side, “Mikyung is being Mikyung.”

Haeri laughed as she got back into the car, “I can see that. The shift wasn’t too hard, was it?”

“No, it was easy and quiet.”

“That’s good.”

“There weren’t any emergencies, so it was kind of nice. I was able to talk to one of my patients. She’s such a sweetheart.”

“You really like children, don’t you, Haeun?” Haeri giggled as she stopped at a stoplight.

Haeun shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t dislike them and they’re a lot of fun. I enjoy spending time with them.”

“That’s funny because you’re the youngest, aren’t you?”  

“What does me being the youngest have to do with anything?”

“I sometimes, I wonder how Siwon oppa and Minho deals with you.”

“Hey, I’m not that bad.”

“They spoiled you like a brat, so it’s surprising that you like children.”

Haeun laughed, “Haeri unnie, I’m an adult now. I know how to act, and children are wonderful people to be around. They say the funniest things.”

“Oh, I bet they do.” Haeri smiled. “I like being a pianist.”

“You are a wonderful pianist. I love hearing you play the piano.”

“Aw, thanks Haeun.”

“Mikyung told me something about going to Barcelona?”

“Ah,” Haeri nodded. “Yes, I have recital in Barcelona, so I was wondering if you and Mikyung could come with me.”

“What about Minwoo?”

“He’s going to be abroad himself. He won’t be able to go with me.”

Haeun turned and narrowed her eyes at her best friend, “Are you just saying that so that I’ll agree to go?”

Haeri laughed, “Of course not, I would never do that.”

“You have to go with us.” Mikyung declared as she rubbed her eyes.

“Oh goodness!” Haeun gasped with a hand over her heart. “Mikyung, can you not do that? Don’t scare me like that.”

Haeri clicked her tongue, “Mikyung, you need to be more mindful. I’m driving, you know.”

“Sorry, I forgot that we were in the car.” Mikyung apologized. “But Haeun, you have to go with us. Haeri unnie and I can’t just go on our own.”

Haeun heaved a sigh, “You two know that I can’t afford to go on a trip on my own.”

“You don’t have to worry about anything, Haeun. We’ve got you covered.”

“Plus, I already asked your parents and brothers.” Heari sent her a wink.

Haeun blinked at her best friends, “What? You talked to my brothers and parents already?”

“Your parents were happy to hear you going on a trip abroad.” Mikyung beamed.

“And your brothers are willing to help as well.” Heari added.

“You guys, I can’t ask my parents and brothers for help.” Haeun pouted.

“Come on Haeun, you need to take a break. You’ve been studying and working too hard.” Haeri smiled as she pulled into the underground parking lot of their apartment complex.

“You two are just on top of it, aren’t you?” Haeun shook her head as she climbed out of the car.

“We just really want you to go with us, that’s all.” Mikyung replied with a smile.

“We want you to enjoy yourself while you can.” Haeri smiled.

“I guess I have to call them now, don’t I?” Haeun looked at her best friends, who just continued to smile.

“I think your brothers will appreciate that.” Mikyung giggled.

“I am definitely going to give them a piece of my mind.” Haeun pulled out her phone ready to dial her brothers phone numbers.

“It’s a little too early for that. Why don’t you call them later and talk to them then? You need your sleep, don’t you?” Haeri poked her side.

Haeun let out a yawn, “You’re right. I’ll call and nag at them later so I’m not so tired.”

Mikyung giggled and linked arms with Haeun, “That’s right. Let’s go to sleep, princess.”

“Oh, no, don’t you dare start calling me that again.” Haeun shook off Mikyung’s arm and ran ahead to the elevator.

“Why not?” Mikyung laughed as she followed. “You are the princess of your household, aren’t you?”

“I have enough of that from my dad and brothers. I don’t want that from you either.” Haeun wrinkled her nose.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter