29 - Ready To Cry

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ugh.” Haeun groaned as she turned to her side. Her head was pounding and the sun that was seeping through the curtains were not helping her at all. She couldn’t help but want to bury herself deeper in the bed, but she felt like throwing up. Feeling an itch in , she rolled out of bed and made her way to the bathroom and threw up her dinner and alcohol from the previous night.

Tears streamed down her face as she wiped . “That’s disgusting.” She frowned as she flushed the toilet then went to wash her face and rinse . The aftertaste was disgusting.

Haeun quickly brushed her teeth wanting to get rid of the taste. She still couldn’t believe that she had drank enough to the point that she couldn’t recall what happened the previous night. She didn’t even know how she got in her bed because the last thing she remembered was being on the beach with her best friend and the guys. She tried recalling how she got to the suite, but nothing was coming up. It was a mystery.

After brushing her teeth, Haeun took a shower seeing that she was still in the same clothes from the previous night. Once she finished her shower, she looked around for her phone. “Where did I put it?” She asked herself as she searched on the bed for her phone.

Getting on her knees, Haeun started searching under the bed just in case it had fallen off. Unfortunately, it wasn’t under the bed, so she stood up with a pout. “Where in the world could it be?” She huffed before her eyes flicked to her clutch.

She grabbed her clutch and opened it. There it was. She opened her phone and started to scroll through her newsfeed on social media as she made her way out of the bedroom. She grabbed a glass and poured herself a glass of water. Haeun started drinking the water when a headline caught her attention. Her eyes widened in shock as the cup from her hand slipped and fell to the floor.

Hearing the shattered glass snapped Haeun out of her shock temporarily. She stumbled a few steps back as her body shook. She swallowed and stared down at the glass on the floor. “I-I need to clean this quickly!” Haeun spun around and quickly grabbed the trash bin and some paper towels.

Cleaning up the broken glass, Haeun’s hands were shaking the entire time. She could not get the news headline out of her head. It was still shocking to her. Finally done cleaning the broken glass and water off the floor, Haeun couldn’t find the strength in her legs to stand. The shock was still slowly settling in.

With shaky hands, Haeun dialed her mother’s number. There were too many thoughts going around her mind. She couldn’t think straight. She didn’t know where to start. She could only pray that her mother picks up the phone.

“Haeun?” Mrs. Choi’s voice came through the phone.

“M-Mom.” Haeun stuttered.

Upon hearing her daughter’s destressed voice, the older woman began to panic, “Honey, what’s wrong? Did something happen? Are you okay?”

“H-How is o-oppa?” Haeun finally croaked out.

Mrs. Choi inhaled a sharp breath.

“Mom, please. Tell me! How is Siwon oppa? Is he alright?” Haeun bombarded her mother.

“…Honey.”

“How serious is it? What about Minho oppa? Is he alright?”

“How did you…find out?”

Haeun pinched her brows together, “It’s all over my newsfeed. How could I not find out about it?” Then realization hit her. “Were you guys planning on keeping this a secret from me?” She accused.

“H-Honey.” Mrs. Choi stuttered. “We weren’t trying to. We just…didn’t want you to worry about it.”

Anger flared in Haeun’s eyes, “Didn’t want me to worry about it?! What kind of nonsense is that? How could you not tell me of my brothers accident?”

“I know, I understand where you’re coming from and it was a tough decision your father and I had to make.”

“What tough decision?” Haeun stood up. She was angry. She felt betrayed. “How could you and dad keep this a secret from me?! Am I not your daughter? Am I not Siwon oppa and Minho oppa’s sister?”

“You are. Sweetheart, please, you have to listen to me.”

Haeun scoffed in disbelief, “I can’t believe this. I feel so betrayed. Why am I the only one who was kept in the dark?”

“I’m sorry honey. We really wanted to tell you, but we didn’t want you to worry.” Mrs. Choi reasoned.

Haeun shook her head, “I…I need some time. Bye.”

“Wait – “

Haeun hung up cutting her mother off. She couldn’t believe it. Her brothers were involved in a car accident and she didn’t receive any message or miss call from her family about it. The anger that she felt was suffocating her. Her heart ached knowing that she was unaware of what had happened.

Clenching her hands into fists, Haeun stormed towards the door and left. She needed to cool down and she didn’t want to make a ruckus for Mikyung and Haeri. Rushing to the elevator, she desperately pressed on the button. She needed the fresh air. She couldn’t stay indoors anymore.

When the elevator finally opened, she stepped in and pressed the button for the lobby. Once she received the lobby floor, she walked out of the hotel and towards the beach. She didn’t know where else she could go. She was frustrated about the fact that there was nothing she could do to help her brothers. Why did the car accident happen? She felt helpless. She was far away from her brothers when they needed her the most.

Haeun stopped and stared at the massive body of water in front of her. Her lips trembled as tears began to gather in her eyes blurring her vision. She hated herself. She hated the fact that she wasn’t there for her brothers. What a horrible sister she is.

Tears finally rolled down Haeun’s cheeks. She wiped them away, but they wouldn’t stop. Feeling hopeless, Haeun sat down and hugged her knees. She silently cried. The anger, frustration, betrayal, and sadness all came out with her tears. There was no one she could turn to. She felt like a lost child who couldn’t find her parents.

Her heart ached for her brothers. She wanted to know how they were. She hated that her emotions got the best of her causing her to hang on her mother like that. She wasn’t a good daughter. She knew she’d have to apologize to her mother for acting like that.

Haeun continued to silently cry. She didn’t know how long she sat in that position for, but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter