21 - Let's Be Cool

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No way. That did not just happen.” Haeun gasped softly as she was on the phone.

Jin peered at her curious to happened.

“Oppa, you know that I can’t really do anything right now. I don’t have computer or laptop on me.” Haeun reasoned. “I don’t think you would like for me to use a public network on that. I really can’t do anything. No – I know – what?”

Haeun threw Jin a quick glance before continuing her conversation with her older brother, “Siwon oppa, you know more about that than I do. No, you can’t just push that onto me.”

She heaved a sigh, “You and Minho oppa are more than capable of handling this situation. It’s nothing big. Fine, I’ll fix this program for now. You owe me one for this since I’m on vacation and you’re bothering me with this. Bye.”

Haeun hung up and heaved another sigh. She felt exhausted after talking on the phone with her brother. Now, she couldn’t really tell if she was older or if he was. She felt like she was.

“Is everything all right?” Jin asked as he took a step towards her.

Haeun looked up at him and gave him a small smile, “Everything’s fine.”

“Are you sure? You don’t look too good right now.”

Haeun shook her head, “I’m fine. My brother just called for a small favor.”

“Did something happen?”

“Our systems have a little mishap and there’s a small malware that’s effecting the systems.”

“That sounds serious.”

Haeun began typing away on her phone, “It’s not that serious. I can fix it on my phone.”

Jin’s eyes rounded in shock, “You can?!”

Haeun glanced up at him, “I can. There, all done.”

“Wow.” Jin continued to stare at her in shock. “Did you just really do all that on your phone?”

Haeun let out a small laugh as she waved her phone in the air, “I sure did. It’s nothing difficult and it was just something small. My brothers could have handled it, but it seems like they’re busy, so it’s no biggie.”

Jin’s eyes caught sight of a silver lining that was on Haeun’s wrist. He narrowed his eyes and saw that it was the bracelet she and he had received from the shop owner. He looked down at his wrist that had the same bracelet.

The corner of his lips curved upwards into a smile. He felt something tug at his heartstring seeing that they were wearing something only couples would wear when they weren’t a couple. However, it had to mean something if they were wearing it, right?

“You’re wearing the bracelet.” Jin pointed to the bracelet on her wrist.

Haeun looked down at her wrist then up at Jin with a smile, “I am. I really like it and it would be a shame not to wear it, don’t you think so?”

Jin looked down at his own wrist, “It would be a shame.”

Haeun also looked at his wrist and saw that he, too, was wearing the bracelet. The smile on her face widen, “I’m not the only one who’s wearing it.”

Jin chuckled, “How can I not wear it? I like it.”

“I like it as well. I still feel bad that we didn’t pay for these. Maybe we should go back and give her a little something.”

“I don’t know if she’ll like that. She was very persistent on us not giving her any payment. She practically forced us to wear these, remember?”

“I know, but I still feel bad.”

“I think you need to change that thought. You should be grateful instead. She gave these bracelets because she saw something that you and I don’t see.”

Haeun eyed Jin, “Are you implying something?”

Jin shrugged his shoulders with a smile, “I’m not saying anything. I’m just saying that no one can predict the future.”

“No one can predict the future. Huh.”

“What are you two talking about?” J-Hope walked up next to Jin, who turned his head.

“Nothing much.” Jin replied. “We’re just chatting.”

“Getting along with each other?” J-Hope smirked raising a brow.

“We’re getting along.” Haeun replied.

J-Hope turned to Haeun, “Jin isn’t causing you any trouble, is he?”

Haeun shook her head with a smile, “No, he’s not. He’s been really helpful actually.”

“Oh?” J-Hope’s face lit up as he turned back to Jin. “Helpful, eh? Let me guess, you gave her some tips on healthy eating.”

Jin rolled his eyes, “I did not. Also, she’s a nurse so she knows how to keep herself healthy.”

J-Hope laughed, “I don’t know. You’re a chef, so maybe you were exchanging a secret recipe or something.”

“I don’t have any secret recipes, I hope you know that.”

“I wouldn’t know that. They’re a secret, aren’t they?”

All Haeun could do was laugh.

“I think the one I’m worried about is Haeun. She can be a little weird.” Haeri spoke up.

Haeun turned to the older woman, “Unnie.”

Haeri laughed, “What? I’m only telling the truth.”

“I am not weird. I am a normal woman living her life.”

“Yes, you sure are a normal woman living her life.”

“I do not like the look that you’re giving me.”

Haeri blinked innocently, “What do you mean? I’m not giving you a look.”

Haeun narrowed her eyes, “You are. I don’t know what that look means, but I do not like that look. It feels like your teasing me.”

Haeri gasped softly as she placed a hand over her heart, “I wouldn’t dare.”

“And that’s how I know you’re lying.” Haeun pointed at her causing her to laugh.

“It’s nothing really. You and Jin just seem cozy – oh wait, I shouldn’t use that word. You two seem quite acquainted with each other.” She looked between Haeun and Jin.

“I honestly think Jin was flirting with Haeun. I could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter