17 - Charming

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What took you two so long?” Jimin asked when Haeun and Jin finally stepped out of the shop.

Jin and Haeun exchanged a look.

“We were just chatting with the shop owner.” Jin replied truthfully.

“Did you buy anything?” Mikyung asked with a tilt of her head.

Haeun shook her head as her hands were behind her back, “No.”

“Did you?” V turned to Jin, who also shook his head in response.

“Then what were you guys talking to the shop owner about?” Jungkook asked with a brow raised.

Jin shrugged, “Just things here and there. Um, where to next?”

“There’s a few more shops down there.” Haeri pointed out.

“Let’s go check them out.” RM stated as he started walking ahead.

Everyone began to follow him as Jin and Haeun naturally fell to the back of the group.

“Is something wrong?” Jin asked turning to Haeun, who let out a small sigh.

“I’m not too sure on how I feel.” She replied as she played with the bracelet on her wrist. “I don’t like the fact that she just gave them to us like that.”

Jin looked at her bracelet before looking at his, “She told you something about these bracelets, didn’t she? Can you tell me what she told you?”

Haeun lifted her head and saw that Jin was looking at his bracelet. She knew couldn’t hide it from him anymore, “She said that these bracelets are one of kind. She made them, so they’re the only ones in the world. The pearls also came from a single oyster, which are meant to be together.” She swallowed the lump in as she continued, “These bracelets are made for a couple, so that they can continue to love each other.”

Jin stayed silent as he listened to Haeun. He wasn’t expecting such a background when it came to the bracelets. “Wait, a couple?” He looked at her, “But you and I aren’t together.”

Haeun let out a small embarrassed laugh, “I know, I told her that as well, but she told me ‘you two may just be friends, but no one can say what the future holds. I wish you two the best.’ Don’t you think that’s silly?”

Jin thought about it. Was it silly? It certainly did sound silly, but he knew the elder woman wasn’t wrong. No one can say that the future holds for sure. “What if what she said wasn’t just silly?” He asked curious.

Haeun gave him a flustered look, “W-What do you mean?”

“I don’t mean anything. I’m just saying that she isn’t wrong. The future has something that we all look forward to.” He explained. “We can never predict what is going to happening and who knows, we might become a couple.” Jin smirked as he glanced her way.

Haeun’s cheeks flushed pink as she pressed her lips together feeling shy and embarrassed.

Jin chuckled softly seeing this reaction from her. He wasn’t expecting it and he thought it was adorable.

Haeun cleared , “I can see that, but I don’t think you and I are going to become a couple any time soon. We only just met each other.”

“I understand where you’re coming from and I don’t see it there, but who knows.” Jin shrugged with a mischievous expression.

Haeun eyed him suspiciously, “I don’t like that look on your face.”

Jin chuckled, “It doesn’t hold any meaning. I’m just teasing, but who knows what’s going to happen in the future.”

“You know, I didn’t take you as a guy who jokes around, but it seems as if I was wrong.”

“Oh? Am I shining a new light on you?”

“Now, I wouldn’t say that. We’re just slowly starting to get to know each other.”

Jin nodded in understanding, “I see. Well if that’s the case, I would like to get to know you some more.”

“There’s nothing much to know about me. I’m not a very interesting person, you see.”

“I’m not either. However, Jungkook seems to know a lot about you and you two have never met before.”

“Well, my family is well-known, especially in the gaming community, so I wasn’t too surprised there. Though, I have been trying to keep a low profile on that, but it seems like no matter what I do, my brothers will always beat me to it.”

Jin chuckled, “Your brothers adore you, don’t they?”

“Yes, they do. They do it too much to the point that I’m getting sick of it.”

“That’s what older brothers do though.”

“Are you speaking from experience?” Haeun raised a brow.

Jin shook his head, “No, I’m an only child, so I wouldn’t know. But the other guys have siblings and they’re like brothers to me, so I kind of know what having siblings is like. Also, I’m older than three of them. Oh, and you as well.”

“My,” Haeun giggled. “Don’t tell me that you want to be my older brother now.”

“No, I’m okay. It seems like you already have your hands full.”

“To think that I’m the youngest, yet, I feel like I’m the oldest. Are all guys like that?”

Jin shrugged, “I don’t know.”

Haeun hummed in response as she thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter