01 - Let's Go on Vacation

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, come on, Haeun. You need to take a break.” Mikyung pouted.

Haeun heaved a sigh shaking her head, “You know I can’t. I’m really busy nowadays. I barely have time to breathe.” She started walking away with her patient’s clipboard in her arm.

Mikyung followed her, “You really can’t be this stubborn.”

“You already know how stubborn I am.”

“I do and that’s not going to stop me from having you take some time off.”

“Mikyung, I really can’t go on vacation right now.”

“Haeri unnie isn’t going to like the sound of that.”

“Why are you bring Haeri unnie in this?”

“Because if I don’t then you won’t listen to me.”

“That’s not – hello – true at all.” Haeun huffed.

Mikyung smirked, “It is true. Come on, we finally got into our dream job and it’s been a stress year. We need a break, a big one.”

“I really can’t take a break right now.”

“Girl, I know how you’ve dreamed of going to Barcelona. Let’s go there.”

“I can’t afford to go there.”

“Whatever.  I know you’ve been saving.”

Haeun shot Mikyung a glare to which Mikyung waved off.

“When our shift ends in the morning, Haeri unnie will come pick us up and we’ll head back to the apartment to talk about the trip.” Mikyung poked her cheek before running off to her ward.

Haeun shook her head, “I cannot believe this girl. How are we friends again?” Looking down at the clipboard in her arm, “Let’s see here. It is little Miss Lee Yoona.”

She looked up and found the room her patient was in. Making her way quickly to the room, she knocked on it before stepping in. “Yoona?” She called softly as a ten-year-old turned her head.

Haeun smiled and carefully closed the door behind her, “How are you feeling today?”

The ten-year-old shrugged her shoulders in response.

“Do you still feel any pain from your surgery?” Haeun asked as she stood at the foot of the bed.

The younger girl shook her head.

Haeun nodded as she noted it down, “And you’ve been taking your medicine on time?”

The younger girl nodded.

Haeun smiled as she placed her on her clipboard, “Would you like to go on a quick walk with me?”

Yoona perked up hearing that.

Haeun held out her hand, “Let’s go. Come on.”

Yoona beamed and grabbed a hold of Haeun’s hand hopping off the bed.

“Be careful. We can’t have you falling down, can we?” Haeun giggled.

Yoona shook her head with a smile on her face as the two of them headed out of the room hand-in-hand.

They walked out into the hallway where it was quiet and with a few other nurses walking back and forth.

“Taking a late night walk you two?” Head Nurse Yoon asked with a big smile.

“We are. Yoona looked like she wanted to walk around, so here we are.” Haeun replied as the ten-year-old nodded in agreement.

The older woman nodded, “Alright, don’t walk around too much or you’re going to get tired.”

“Yes ma’am.” Haeun giggled as she and Yoona continued to their walk. “It’s a nice time to walk around when there isn’t a lot of people, isn’t it?”

“…Haeun unnie.” Yoona softly calls.

Hearing her name, Haeun looked down at the younger girl, “Yes Yoona?”

“Will I really…be able to go home?” Yoona asked looking down at the floor.

Haeun stopped at a window with Yoon a next to her, “Of course, you will. Doctor Park said you just need to rest for three weeks. You’ll be able to go back home and go back to school to be with your friends.”

Yoona’s eyes sparkled, “R-Really?”

Haeun bent down so that she was eye-level with the younger girl, “Yes, Doctor Park told you the same thing, didn’t he?”

Yoona nodded with a bright smile.

Haeun giggled as she patted her head, “Then don’t forget to take your medicine, eat your meals on time, and follow the doctor’s orders, okay?”

“Okay!” Yoona beamed happily.

“Wonderful. If you ever want to go on a walk like this, remember to let me know so we can go together, okay?”

“Yes, Haeun unnie!” Yoona giggled.

“But don’t tell Doctor Park about this or he won’t let us walk around, okay?” Haeun winked as she placed a finger on her lips.

“I won’t, I promise.” Yoona nodded.

“It’s our little secret then.” Haeun held out her pinky.

Yoona giggled and linked their pinkies together and sealed the promise by pressing their thumbs together.

“We’re all set.” Haeun straightened up.

“Thanks, Haeun unnie.” Yoona thanked happily.

“Shall we continue our walk?”

“Yes, please.”

“Let’s walk aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter