Chapter 31

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

We exit the conference room seconds later after Sajangnim and her secretary. We bid politely to the P.I. and I.T. as they, I guess start their job.

I exhale. I couldn't believe that that reporter guy was behind in all of this.

I start to feel angry, and remembering our first encounter I begin to wish that I didn't just slap him. He's so obsessed that I want to punch him on the freakin face.

Oh, I pray that that was not the last time we're seeing each other.

I got caught up with my fuming thoughts before I realize Jisoo is standing in front of me with a serious face. "What?"

"I need to talk to you." She said simply and dragged me a few meters away from Jennie, who's in a state of confusion just like I am with Jisoo's sudden mood.

"What's wrong?" I ask when we got to a holt. She glances over at Jennie who's eyes are on us.

"What's going on with you and Jennie?"

"Uhm, nothing?" I answer without fully registering her question.

"Lisa, be honest with me. I saw how she reached for your hand in the conference room." I freeze. "I know you became close but please tell me I'm just assuming things." She whispers at me to prevent Jennie from hearing our conversation.

My lips begin to quiver and I feel my legs freeze on the concrete floor. I open my mouth but it took me a few seconds to utter a word, "Unnie..."

Jisoo backs away a little and stares at me with her brows narrow as if taking in my obvious uneasiness. She knows me too well for me to escape with a lie.

She returns her head close to me, "Bring Jennie home and meet me later." Her voice hints with disappointment.

I lower my head feeling all sort of guilt. Jisoo trusted me and now I don't know if I still have that trust.

I nod just seconds after she spoke. She then starts to walk away without giving me another look. I don't even know if I could face her again. How am I supposed to explain this to her?

I then felt a sudden touch on my arm, "Lisa, are you okay?" Jennie asks sensing my sudden mood change after my talk to Jisoo. "What did you talk about with Jisoo?" She asks again with worry after I did not reply to her first question.

"I... it's nothing." I straighten up my posture and look at her, giving her a pursed smile. "Let me take you home." I try to be okay. I don't want Jennie to think about another problem in especially with everything is going on with her.

Let me take care of this one Jen. 

••••

We arrive at the condo just after lunch and as planned I escorted Jennie at her unit before deciding to take my leave to meet with Jisoo.

"Jen, I just need to be somewhere, are you going to be okay for a while?" I ask as she fully consumes by the comfort of the sofa.

She looks at me with curious eyes, "Where are you going?"

"I just need to meet with Jisoo. She just wants to discuss something." I stare at Jennie and I know she's half buying it.

"What about?" Jen, please, don't make me lie to you.

"I don't know. I guess it's just work." Her eyes relax and she nods. Thank you, Nini.

"Rest for a little bit. I'll be back before you know it." I walk towards her and kisses her forehead before taking my leave.

I step at the lobby while my mind is so consumed by the possible dialogues that Jisoo and I might exchange when we meet and even her worst reaction that I did not notice someone is calling me. I snap from my thoughts and turn my head to the direction where my name got called.

As I lock my eyes at the figure, my mind quickly registered who that person is which cause my eyes to go wide in shock.

"A...aunt Mey?"

The familiar woman walk towards me hastily embraces my frozen figure. My mind is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter