Chapter 14

Maybe | JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

 

"I'm sorry about Wendy." I softly said not minding whether she'll hear me or not. But I guess she did. "About what?" She asked.

 

"For making you uncomfortable."

 

"It's totally fine. She made everything so light. She's very amicable." She said having a visible smile on her face while driving back to the unit. I laughed a little thinking of my best friend. "Yeah, she is."

 

The drive went quiet for a while before she spoke, "Nice nickname by the way."

 

I was confused for a short while but then understood her. "Yeah, thanks. Wendy gave that to me. She thinks I'm too clingy. I know it's childish."

 

She chuckled, "No it's not. It's cute. It suits you."

 

I don't know what came up to me but I decided to play. "Really? So, you think I'm cute?"

 

"Oh.. uh.. yes of course." She stuttered. Cute. 

 

"Hmm? So which is it, then? Am I cute or am I beautiful?" I don't know where this sudden flow of confidence came from but I decided to just go with it. She coughed after being caught off guard of my question, triggering a certain memory. Good thing she didn't get distracted from driving.

 

She didn't utter any word but a blush was vividly painted on her cheeks as observed from the rear view mirror. I smirked to how I made her feel uncomfortable. "Don't worry, I'm the only one who heard it." I continued to tease but then averted my attention to the scenery outside the tinted window that triggered a certain emotion.

 

Seeing people walked freely on the street of Seoul made me realized that I envy them. Pathetic? I guess. But I couldn't even remember the last time I walked alone without anyone following me around or without having to wear a disguise that can't cause a commotion. I would be called a liar if retiring from being a performer didn't cross my mind. I did. A lot of times.

 

At first, as I was preparing for my debut as a solo artist, I felt like it was the only thing I want in the world. I mean, for someone who trained for 6 years, who wouldn't want to finally be introduced? To perform on stage, to make music, to visit different places, that's the dream. My dream. However, fame struck. Everything changed when almost everybody knows Jennie Kim. I gained thousands of supporters but also gained thousands of people who despised me. That's life, I guess. You can't have everything.

 

I was so engrossed in the moment that I didn't realize my manager's been calling me and stopped the car beside the road. I finally snapped from my trance and looked at her.

 

"Hey, you okay?" She asked concerned.

 

"Oh.. ah.. yeah. I was just thinking." I said revealing a different mood. I saw her thinking for a while and then again spoke. "I think I know what you need. You don't mind if we go for a detour for a while, right?" She asked giving me her most attractive smile.

 

Thump!

 

Thump!

 

Thump!

 

Ha, calm down heart. I know she's attractive.

 

 

"I don't mind at all."

 

 

 

 

 

 

••••

 

Third person

 

They both been driving for almost 20 minutes. Within those minutes, the brunette bombarded her manager questions that will give her hints where exactly she's bringing her, but her manager kept giving her the same answer, 'It's a surprise' that gave her no choice but just stay still and anticipate what's to come.

 

When it comes to long drive, Jennie would end up being frustrated and bored yet the idea of having Lisa with her, having a clear view of her beautiful side profile makes it more than bearable.

 

"We're here." Her manager stated. Jennie rolled her window and a smile formed on her lip. "We're at the beach." She said softly.

 

"Yes, we are. Wanna get a closer look?" Lisa said hinting for them to get out from the van. Jennie nodded still not leaving her eyes from the beautiful view.

 

Good thing the beach wasn't packed of people since the weather was a little colder. It was almost they're the only people there.

 

"I think you should remove that first," Lisa said pointing at Jennie's footwear. "Oh, yeah right." Jennie was about to bend to unbuckle the strap of her shoes when Lisa beat her to it. Lisa reaches out to her feet and starts removing the buckle. Jennie took a small retreat. "It's fine. I can do it myself." Lisa raised her head to look at her, giving her a sweet smile. "I know, but I wanna do it. Is it okay?" She asked carefully. Jennie gazed at the brown orbs that are staring at her waiting for her response. She nodded slowly that cued Lisa to continue removing her flats. She looked down at the blonde and she felt like she can't contain the butterflies on her stomach that was doing cartwheels.

 

Her eyes followed her manager's movement as she stood up."Ready?" Lisa asked simply removing her sneakers. Once again Jennie can't utter any words but just nodded. She's afraid what might come out from that would ruin the moment.

 

Both felt the sand on their toes and feet. Jennie shivered a little feeling the slight coldness of the sand. She made her way close to the water without being bothered by the cold wind hitting her since she's to focus appreciating the familiar beauty in front of her to get distracted. It's been so long she thought. She only realized at that moment that it was so long since the last time she went to the beach. Feeling the sand on her feet and hearing the clamor of the ocean.

 

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath making her lungs be filled with cold air. She glanced from her shoulder s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter