Wind

Wolves Among Us

Sehun stares at a piece of paper on the table. He places his hand on it and tries to focus. After even more failed attempts, he justs sighs and leans back.
"Why won't it work?!" He rips the paper angrily. He's been doing everything Suho told him to do and yet...
"Sehun?"
Sehun looks up at his coworker and smiles. He crumbles the paper and quickly hides it in his pocket. "Oh, hey Krystal."
Krystal grins and glances out the door. "You've been bad, haven't you?"
Sehun raises his brows. "Krystal, are you...flirting with me?"
"No, you dummy! I know you're gay," She says as she sits next to him closely and giggles. "Yet another man is  here for you."
"Another man? It's not the same guy who usually sees me?" Sehun stands up and glances outside. A man stood, waiting. With medium brown hair; a hint of orange as well. 
"Are you cheating on your boyfriend?"
Sehun grabs his bag and shakes his head. "I don't have a boyfriend. I'll see you later, Krystal." He keeps his eye on the man as he walks out to greet him. When the man notices him, he turns and smiles. It's charming; too charming.
"Ah," He says. "You must be Sehun."
Sehun looks at him oddly. "Yeah? Why?"
The man fixes his trench coat before looking around. "It's a dry night, isn't it? No rain cloud to be seen."
Sehun looks at the night sky and furrows his brow. He looks back at him. "R-right."
"Well..."He hums and laughs. "Nice meeting you." Sehun opens his mouth to say something but slowly closes it when the man just walks away. 
"What was his problem?" Sehun barely notices as Kai suddenly appears beside him. He keeps staring off, watching the man leave.
"Are you ready?" Kai asks.
Sehun shakes his head and turns to Kai. "Yeah, I just have to pick some stuff up at home. do you mind?"
"No," Kai says, following Sehun when he heads down the street. He thinks carefully about the man. The man was pretty hot, too hot. Was he a costumer that just took a liking to him? It's not normal for him to get attention like this. 

As if noticing his unusual silence, Kai speaks up. "Why aren't you talking? You always talk."
"Nothing, it's just..." Sehun opens the door to the apartment building and entering the elevator. "I got a visitor today."

"Okay?" Kai shrugs. "Do you have friends?"

"Aside from my new ones in the group, no; I've never seen this man in my life." Apparently not thinking it's a big deal, Kai remains quiet, leaving Sehun to his thoughts. 


"He really was strange, Kai" Sehun announces as he waters his plants. Kai just stares out the window, silent. He looks over at the man and sighs. "I think it's weird," Sehun continues. "I don't get visitors." He sets the watering can down. Sehun takes one last look at the silent man before going to his room to pack some things. He decided to spend some vacation time he had saved up to train. Of course, this decision was made during his last session with Kai after he got a few new bruises. He wants to practice as hard as he could- even if he could just land a single hit. Sehun suddenly stops. He turns his head to the window curiously. Noticing that man outside and purses his lips. 
"Hey, Kai!" Sehun calls out. When Kai walks in, he points at the window. "That man from earlier is outside. Can you come check it out?"
"You can't check it yourself?" Kai scoffs. 
Sehun glares at him. "You're the one who can fight, remember?"
Kai shakes his head before going over to him and to the window. He opens it up and looks outside. "I don't see..."
"What?" Sehun zips up the bag and holds it close. "What do you see? Do you know him?"
"Get on the floor!" Kai shouts. He closes the window just in time to fall back from a large ball of flame that hits the glass, shattering it. Sehun screams as he gets to his knees, covering his head from the shards. Kai groans as he sits up, looking at their surroundings. He quickly grabs onto Sehun's arm, pulling both of them up.
"W-what was that?!"
"Heechul!" Kai hisses, pullsing Sehun with him through the door, seeming to keep an eye out.
"Heechul?! How does he know where I..." Sehun slowly trails off, thinking about the man at the restaurant. "O-OH my god, he...he visited me earlier."
Kai looks over at him. "What?"
"Heechul...I think he visited me at the restaurant!" Sehun clings to his bag for dear life.  "He talked about how it was a dry night- no rain clouds in sight! I-i Thought it was weird but..."
Kai huffs and stands up from crouching position. "He wants to kill you before you learn your powers. Nip it in the bud."

Sehun gasps and crawls over to a burnt plant. "Oh, no! M-my plant! My plants!" Sehun screams again at the sound of a small explosion below; Smoke quickly filling the air as sirens ring "Kai, what do we do?!"
"Shut up and follow me," Kai dashes over to the door, grunting when it slams open, shattering in his face. He teleports back in time to dodge the splinters. Sehun stares wide-eyed at the smokey scene outside his apartment door; fire and flames quickly appearing in the hall. Out of the middle of the hall, from the flames and smoke, a man slowly walks through; the one from the restaurant. 

"Y-you!" Sehun gasps. Heechul extends his arms to the side, smirking as flames manifest from his hands, arms, and shoulders. Sehun would have thought he looked beautiful if he wasn't trying to kill them.
"A dry night!" Heechul laughs. "Get it!?" He throws his arm out but misses, probably as a warning shot.
Kai steps in front of Sehun, putting his fists up as Heechul grows closer. He suddenly stops as a small rumble sounds from below. Both of them flinches as a hole in the roof of the hall suddenly appears. Another man drops down, slowly standing when he lands.
"Kyuhyun," Heechul crosses his arms. "You're late, you almost missed the party."
Without saying anything, Kyuhyun slams his foot into the floor, forcing spikes of stone to fly up into the air. He catches them and throws them like a spear. Kai kicks part of the door up from the floor, catching it to block in time. Sehun covers his mouth when three spikes stab into his old door.
"Oh god, What do we do?!" Sehun cries. "It's just the two of us- we cant-"
"Come on," Kai interrupts again. He keeps the door in front of them as he leads Sehun over to the window. He quickly pushes it open, holding it in place as Sehun crawls through and out onto the escape ladder. He grabs the window now, doing the same as Kai exits.
"Ohh!" Heechul yells. "Kyuhyun, that was cool!"
"Shut up and find them!"
"Come on," Kai grabs Sehun's wrist before running towards the lower part of the ladder. Kyuhyun smashes open one of the windows, pulling out a large piece of rock before jumping out and landing on it. He grabs out a large, stake-shaped piece and tosses it. They duck back in time to dodge it, the stakes hitting and breaking the ladder instead.
"!" Kai curses and turns, starting to head up the stairs. Once on the roof, they both look for a quick way down. "Are there anymore escape ladders?!"
"I-I don't know! I never use them!"
"Sehun, don't stand there, look-" Kai is cut off by another explosion; this time causing a part of the roof to blow off. Kyuhyun and Heechul both appear from the explosion; fire and stakes in hands. Sehun looks down at the ground. How far of a drop was that? Four stories?  "Sehun!"
Just like before at the restaurant, everything feels like slow motion. Kyuhyun throws a huge piece of sharp rock at Kai, his back turned to them. In a panic, Sehun throws his hands out as he runs towards him. That strange build up inside of him again, this time from his stomach and up to his arm. Inside and all around him. The wind blows from his hand, a sudden, strong impact smashing into the rock and sending it flying. Kyuhyun kicks his foot in time, a wall appears in time to protect both of them from the impact.
Sehun pants heavily as he stares at his hand. 
"You did it," Kai pants as well.
"I did...?"
Shaking his head, Kai quickly grabs Sehun, pulling him close. He closes his eyes tightly as black smoke surrounds them. When he opens his eyes, they're just outside of the apartment building. Without a moment to waste, they begin running as fast as they can.

As soon as they reach the tunnel, Sehun finally collapses to his knees, his heart beating fast. He grabs his chest and coughs.
"That...that was Heechul?" Sehun asks through breaths and Kai slowly nods.
"Kyuhyun, too," Kai stands there, letting Sehun catch his breath. "He has earth magic- like D.O."
"Is...D.O that strong?"
Kai grabs Sehun's bag, carrying it for him. He narrows his eyes but once again too tired to fight. He slowly stands up regardless of his waggly legs.
"Sehun." When Sehun looks up at Kai, he feels suddenly shy at the intense stare. "You...saved me."
Sehun shakes his head, "My...body moved by itself," He admits. "I felt like I could barely control myself."
Kai leads Sehun into the dark tunnel, keeping a tight grip on his wrist. "Actually," he says, "I think it's the opposite. I think we found what to focus on."

"Kai! Sehun!" Suho rushes out of the house, followed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "We saw the news- Sehun's apartment..."
"Chanyeol, here." Kai hands Sehun's bag. "Bring it to Sehun's room."
Suho follows as Kai pulls Sehun into the manor and to the courtyard. 
"Kai, what are you doing?" Suho asks.
Kai stops Sehun in the middle of the training grounds. He grabs a leaf from the ground and places it in Sehun's palm. "Focus on it, Sehun."
"Kai, I've done this before! It doesn't-"
"Focus on whatever you felt on the roof," Kai interrupts. "Everyone is fueled by something. Heechul is fueled by his fire and anger. Chanyeol, by his passion."
Sehun sighs at Kai. He looks at the leaf again. "This is..." He lets out long breath and nods. "Fine, alright." He swallows hard and closes his eyes. He can feel Kai slowly begin to walk behind him. 
"Focus on it," He whispers. "Focus."
Sehun takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out. He imagines he's back on the roof. With Kai, Heechul, Kyuhyun. Kai's pinned, he wants to help. He furrows his brow as his heart beats faster and faster. He steps forward and extends out his hand. He wants to help. He HAS to help. It's the only thing he wants to do.
Sehun opens his eyes as he feels a soft wind touch his face. He gasps and stares; the leaf now floating gently in his hand.
He lets out his breath, not realizing he's been holding it in. "I did it." He gasps and looks over at Suho. "I-I did it!" Sehun laughs as he keeps the wind present. Kai walks in front of him and crosses his arms. Sehun stares at the leaf in awe. "I did it," He whispers. 
"What did you focus on?" Suho asks, wearing a large, proud grin. Sehun shakes his head.
"Help."
Kai raises his brows. "Help?"
Sehun looks at Kai and smiles. "I focused on wanting to help..."

----------------------------

Is it just me or is Heechul really...HOT. Get it!?