Soon

Wolves Among Us

Sehun feels nice walking with Suho. He doesn’t talk about any of their missions or magic like the other boys do. Instead, he asks Sehun about thinks like his hobbies, likes, dislikes; what his family is like, if he’s close to them, do they know about his magic. The air user replies to all of them, of course. Photography is a given. He tells him his favorite things like sushi, tea, and how he really likes plants and helping Lay with the garden. He talks about how he doesn’t really speak to his parents for no reason in particular. He says they’re religious and that’s probably why, but they’re nice.

 

“Actually,” Sehun hums as he takes a nearby seat on a bench. Regardless of all the bad things that happened at this park lately, it’s still his favorite place to relax. “Now that I think about it, my mom always thought I was kind of special.”

 

Suho chuckles. “Well, she was right.”

 

Sehun leans back and shrugs. “It’s one of the reasons we fought...when I was a kid, there was this incident,” He begins to explain. “We were moving from an apartment to a house and my parents were busy with the packing and moving boxes into the car,” He continues. “I was three and they had left me in my room to play. But I easily escaped one of those...playpens, you know?”

 

Suho laughs again and nods. “You were naturally adventurous then?”

 

Sehun smiles sheepishly and nods slowly. “I always have been I suppose,” He shrugs. “I found my way out the front door. And um...I somehow managed to climb up the railings and fell over them...and we were on the second floor.”

 


“Oh, lord,” The Leader gasps.

 

“No one but my mother saw it. Her two-year-old son slowing falling; as if the wind itself had wrapped it’s self around my body and guided me down to safety. And it did,” He huffs. “I gently landed on the grass and just sat there, staring at my mother. My two-year-old mind had no idea what happened and I guess I thought it was normal because I just laughed and went to her.” Suho leans back as well now and smiles. He folds his hands over his lap as he listens; seeming quite happy about the story. “Hm...my mother said the gods were watching over me; and how they had blessed me.”

 

“I see,” Suho shifts a bit. “And that’s what you two fight about? You didn’t believe her?”

 

“How could I? She always pushed me to be perfect because of it. Like I’d be insulting some damn god by achieving nothing but perfection, ALWAYS. I felt really...strained.”

 

“I could see why.”

 

“You know what’s really interesting, Suho?” He says. “I always had such a fascination with the wind- like I always felt so drawn to it. Rolling down the window of the car as my father drives and letting it hit my face. Or whenever I joined track, how the wind picked up when I ran fast.”

 

Suho uncrosses his legs, seeming to find that particularly interesting. “Sehun, do you think it’s possible that you used your magic without know it?”

 

Biting his lip, Sehun stopped to think about that. “Well, there...has been several times throughout high school where I should have fallen but I always stayed on my feet- like the air always helped me.” Suho nods again quickly.

 

“You see, then? Your air might have been a constant in your life but you only became aware of it that night.”

 

Sehun nods in agreement and grins. It really makes sense, to be honest. How the wind always seemed to be at a perfect steady around him. When Suho reaches over and squeezes his hand, he feels relaxed. He lets out a sigh, feeling content for the first time in days. “You know what? You stay here, Sehun- I’ll go get us something to eat.”

 

“Are you sure? I could come with you.”

 

Suho shakes his head. “No, no. What are you hungry for?”

 

“Surprise me?” Sehun asks and the leader returns the expression. He gently pats Sehun on the shoulder before standing up and walking off. He sighs and looks at the pond. This is Suho’s first time leaving the manor since the failed treaty and Sehun had been extremely worried. He talked the leader into coming out with him and even said he’d protect him if anything happened. He remembers how Suho snorted and patted his back. But he ultimately agreed.  “

 

Sehun’s smile slowly falters when something in the air shifts. He frowns now and stops to listen. That’s when he feels it. Crackling in the air, wind, in his ears. He quickly stands and turns as something quickly approaches. He lifts his hand in time, flame hits his small wall of air. He glares at the two men that approach. “Siwon, Heechul,” Sehun scoffs. He crosses his arms. “I thought I smelled rats. What? You wanted to get a good hit in while Suho was gone?”

 

Siwon shakes his head and crosses his arms. “No, of course not. I simply wanted to see if you’ve improved,” He smiles when Sehun glares at him. “And I suppose you have.” He swallows hard and he falters a bit when he remembers the beatings. Heechul smirks when he seems to notice Sehun’s sudden discomfort. “You look better, Sehun. I bet those burns I gave you took weeks to heal, huh?” Heechul only made him mad. And this only gets him angrier when he remembers all the burns during his capture.

 

“Actually, no,” Sehun replies. “Lay healed them easily...like tiny little scrapes.” That wiped the smile from Heechul’s face. “What? Scared Lay might have gotten his powers back? I’d be too.” He doesn’t know where all this confidence came from but he feels great. He feels angry but he tries to tuck that away. “Because he’s pretty pissed.”

 

Siwon chuckles and seems unfazed. He puts his hands behind his back and walks over to the pond.”This will be the last time we meet in this park,” he says. When Sehun sees his hand raises a bit, he slowly steps back. He narrows his eyes when he glances around and realizes no one is around. No one to see if Siwon or Heechul even does anything. As soon as Sehun’s distracted, that’s when Siwon strikes. He turns his head to see a large wave of water rise from the pond. He widens his eyes it and feels himself begin to shake a bit. “I think it’s time to even out the score,” Siwon slowly turns. “Don’t you?” Sehun slowly backs up as water comes rushing towards him like a tidal wave; practically knocking him over when it hits his legs. Before he can use his magic, his hands are tightly grabbed and absorbed into a tight prison of water. He tries to push the water from his feet but it’s not long before they join his arms. And before he can even blink, his whole body is being submerged. His whole body feels completely trapped as the liquid tightens around him, threatening to squeeze the life out of him. He’s been in this damn position so many times before and he’s sick of it. He doesn't want to just float and let this happen.

 

Siwon approaches him and stares at him as he floats in his water prison. He slowly smiles and lets out a sigh. “To be honest, it would be better to capture you but...you just give us so much trouble,” He chuckles as he looks back at Heechul. “Hm...what on earth is taking my brother so long, hmm?” He purses his lips. “Food surely doesn’t take this long to order.” He begins to pace Sehun slowly. “Perhaps he saw you but ran, like a coward. Of course, he can’t take on the both of us,” He pauses and looks up again. He locks eyes with Sehun. “Or.. maybe one of my boys is entertaining him.” Sehun looks around in worry as if he tries to spot his leader. HIs dart around as he begins to panic. His mind begins to wonder and think of eveything that could have gone wrong.

 

Suho actually ran and left him here. No, he wouldn’t do that. But then he thinks of the leader laying on some floor as one of Siwon’s boy stands over him. Suho bloody and beaten, close to death. He swallows hard and closes his eyes tightly. He tries to focus and concentrate. He flows from his body, from his mind and merges with the air. Not physically but his with his ears and magic. His magic flows from him and through the park. It listens carefully. He can hear heavy breathing and fighting. He listens closer, more carefully. That’s when he can hear Suho, from a nearby. He can’t tell what store but he can tell he’s in pain. His breathing is ragged and it sounds like he’s fighting. He’s hurt. Sehun opens his eyes now and he’s staring back down at Siwon. When he tries to grip at the air in his throat again, Siwon steps back, water protectively wrapping around his own neck.

 

“Come on now,” Siwon says. “Don’t you know any other tricks?” Sehun watches as Heechul walks over and stick his hand inside the water. Everything around him starts to heat up, like water beginning to boil in a pot. He needs to do something with Heechul, worry about Siwon later. He turns his attention to the fire user and glowers darkly at him. But the water tightens and it’s impossiable to move. He glances over at Siwon and then back at Heechul. When he smiles, Heechul frowns. He remembers what Xiumin had showed him when he first joined. He takes a deep breath, with help of course. After he holds it, he screams. No noise comes out but the motion confuses both men. That is, until, a sudden impact of wind comes from Sehun’s mouth and through the liquid. It shoots out and slams hard into Heechul’s chest, pausing the man to let out a loud cry. He falls back and hits his back against the fencing. When he screams again, another force slams into Heechul and forces him back, breakin the wood behind him and causes him to fall into the remaining water of the pond. With him momiterilty taken care of he, he quickly snaps his ehad back to Siwon and glowers at him darkly. He’s done with this and his damn prison. But he needs his hand. He swallows hard as he concentrates again. He takes another deep breath. Holds it. When he turns his head, he blows. When air streams from his lips and surrounds his hands, he wiggles his fingers in the bubble. Siwon seems to watch him in interest, as if he were watching a show. He seems unsure and confused.

 

When gaining movement of both his hands, Sehun waves them both and snaps, as he had done with Kyungsoo. As quickly as it came, the water around him suddenly seperates and causes Sehun to fall back to the ground. He gasps for air and quickly looks up. He breaths heavily and grins alittle. Rain. Simple rain.

 

“Sehun!” Suho shouts. When Sehun looks at him, he narrows his eyes. The leader holds his arm tightly as it bleeds; blood coming from his head as well. But they look minor. He quickly limps over, wasting no time in getting infront of Sehun protectively “You damn coward, Siwon!” Suho hisses at his brother. “This is low-even for you!” He laughs dryly and shakes his head as he touches his forhead and looks at the blood. “You ing bastard.”

 

Heechul climbs up at this time, everything soaked and a look of dispair on his face. Sehun stands up, his legs weak and threatning to give out. He falls against the bench and groans. “That’s….that’s a good look for you,” Sehun snickers.

 

Heechul touches his wet hair and practicaly growls like an animal. “You little !” He explodes. “Why can’t you just ing lay down and die?!”

 

“Sorry to disappoint you,” Sehun says breathlessly. “I’m a tornado now, not a breeze.”

 

Siwon narrows his eyes at Sehun and then at Suho. He lets out a deep sigh and takes a step back. “Very well. I suggest we settle this once and all, Suho,” He offers. “Perhaps...at my place?” He glances at Sehun briefly. “Your Sehun is familiar with it.”

 

“So you did take him!” Suho gasp and takes a step forward. “I should rip you to shreds right here and now, Siwon!” He looks his attention to Heechul when the man attempt to come closer. “Come closer and I’ll wash you out like blowing out a god damn candle, Heechul,” he threatens. “If you come near Sehun or any of my boys one more time before we fight, I’ll make you gasp and choke for air as your damn lungs fill with water!” His words are hard and cold, like ice or a knife. And from the look of shock on both their faces, it appears effective. The once calm tide turns into a boiling tsunami. He raising his hand and points to Siwon. “Test me, brother, I dare you,” his voice is low and dark, like he’s trying to keep control. Sehun slowly steps beside the leader and wrap an arm around his shoulder.

 

“Suho, please,” Sehun says softly, keeping his eyes on the two men. “You’re losing yourself.”

 

Suho takes a deep breath and nods. “Walk away,” he says. “Both of you. Walk away from me right now ebfore I do something I regret.” When they linger, he glares. “Leave!” He screams. Any water nearby seems to boil as he does so. Heechul jumps and seems to quickly backs off. Siwon stares at him for a moment before he joins his so-called friend. Before they can see if he’s serious, they leave as quickly as they came.

 

Suho only looks away when sure they’re finally gone. He slowly sits on the bench and sighs, looking ashamed. Sehun joins him, not letting him go. “God, I’m such a fool! To think I tried to talk sense into that damn man! That...god damn brother of mine.”

 

Sehun remains silent for a moment before starting to laugh. Suhp looks at him in confustion, as if he lost his mind. “God, Suho,” He looks at the half-empty pond. “You’re kinda scary when you’re made.”

 

Suho huffs but he smiles all the same. The yboth sit there for a moment, trying to even out their breathing. “Come on,” Sehun sighs. “Let’s get you back home so Lay can heal you.” He stands up and helps Suho up.

 

“Yes,” He agrees. “Good idea”

 

Sehun stops and stares at the pond. “Those poor ducks...all their water gone.”

 

“Ahh,” Suho starts to limp away. “They get checked on every day- it’s fine.”

 

He sighs. “If you say so,” He says before joining the leading, helping him again.










 

“Well,” Suho sighs as soon as he enters his office, Sehun and Lay close behind. “Donghae is dead,” He says as he goes to his desk. He opens a book open and writes something down.

 

“What was his power?” Sehun asks, curiosuly looking at the book.

 

“Telekinis, like Luhan,” He replies. “He attacked me while I was leaving the store, with our food,” He explains. “The...er snuck up on me.” Sehun smiles when he thinks about how many times their Leader cursed in a single day.

 

“He was quick work for you, yes?” Lay asks and Suho slowly nods.

 

“Yes but...I realzied something was wrong when it seemed he was trying to distract me.”

 

Lay glances at Sehun with worry, who just smiles. “I mean it, okay? I’m good. Actually, I”m better than good- I’m great,” He says as he looks between the two men. “I got away from both Heechul and Siwon. I don’t want to get into too much detail but I was almsot boiled alive.”

 

Lay widens his eyes. “B-boiled alive?!”

 

“When I was stuck in Siwon’s...water prison, thing,” He epxlains. “Heechul stuck his hand in and tries to boil the water. It got a bit hot but...I’m fine.”

 

“Dear lord,” Suho gasps. “You didn’t tell me that.”

 

“That’s because you were hurt and I didn’t want you to worry about me,” Sehun explains. “I wanted you to just get yourself healed.”

 

Suho gives Sehun a pointed look before looking back down at his book. “...Well,” He takes a deep breath.” There’s only these boys left. Flight, time, fire, water, and healing,” He says. “Heechul is yours to deal with Lay but I feel like I don’t have to warn you of how dangerous he is.”

 

“Trust me,” Lay looks away. “I know but I’m better and strong again.”

 

“Yes, I’ve noticed,” The leader says. “Tell me- how did this happen? What’s fueling your magic?”

 

Lay looks at Sehun, a look of fondness in his eyes. “It’s a secret but let’s just say...I think Yifan would be proud.” He touches his chest, possiably over Kris’ necklace. After bowing his head gently, he leaves the room. Suho looks at the door oddly.

 

“A secret?” Suho inquires and Sehun just shrugs. “Well...today has been quite eventful but thank you, Sehun. For...forcing me out.”

 

“Hey, I didn’t force you to do anything,” Sehun replies. “I just..you know, thought it’d be good for you.”

 

Suho smiles. “Yes,” He says softly. “You’ve been doing that for a lot of us lately.” He goes to the window and looks out. “Kai seems happier. He’s talking and hanging out with everyone again, instead of locking himself in his room. Baekhyun’s temper seems to have...well, I mean he’s always going to be firey,” He chuckles. “But he seems different,” He hums. “Kyungsoo...He’s always been hard to read but it’s a bit easier now. He smiles a bit more,” He turns to face Sehun again. “You have an amazing talent, Sehun. And I’m not talking about your magic. “Maybe it helps that you’re our youngest member.”

 

“I think it’s just...fresh eyes,” Sehun offers. “I was unbiased coming in.”

 

“No, you have a way with people,” Suho dsiagrees. “That’s apparent.”

 

Sehun watche the leader for a moment before slowly taking a seat on the couch. “I think you do too,” He says. Suho sits with him, looking confused. “Sometimes I can’t sleep at night, even after moving into Kai’s room. When I do that, I kind of just listen to everything. I’ve heard you comfort Lay when he cried or reassure Chanyeol when he was worried about getting better,” He explains. “You’re amazing with everyone, you’reour leader. “ He pauses. “I guess some oculd say you’re our fountation.” That seems to make Suho laugh. “Everyone respects you...you’re irreplaceable.”

 

Suho blushes and smiles, looking at his hands. “I...see,” He chuckles nervously but he still seems to beam. “Thank you, Sehun.” Sehun smiles at him as well and stands, making his way to the door. “Sehun?” He calls, stopping him in his tracks. “Are you sure you’ll be alright?”

 

Sehun stops and thinks about it. He looks at his hand and smiles. “You know what,” He says. “I think I am. Usually when I...face Siwon or Heechul, it haunts me. But I think I might sleep well tonight.” He glances back at the leader before taking his leave. While he does feel great about what happens, there’s something in the pit of his stomach that warns him. Sehun knows that the end is almost near. Soon, Siwon needs to die and everyone knows it.

-----------------

Sorry bout any typos and stuff. I just worte this, it's 6:45 am and I haven't slept....I'll  edit it when I wake up :P