Begin

Wolves Among Us

Suho agrees to let Sehun work normally for the rest of the week. He'd have to wait for his weekends to start, due to his shorter shifts being processed. On the first day his training officially starts, Sehun decides to have an hour or so just to himself. In the shower to prepare, he lets the warm water run over him. He stares down at his hand, flexing them opened and closed. He takes a deep breath and extends out his right. After a moment of concentration, he sighs. He immediately feels stupid. 
"I'm so dumb," He mumbles. With a shake of his head, he turns the forest off and hops out. There's no way he's trying that again. Not without any training, anyway.  

After dressing and hanging his camera around his neck, Sehun carefully feeds his plants; His babies and the only living thing he comes in contact with outside of work. He's still pulling his jacket on and in the process of locking the door when he feels a draft of air. He hugs the coat against his body and sighs.
"Sehun."
Sehun lets out a yelp, dropping his keys as he spins around. He stares wide-eyed at Kai, who stands behind him with his arms crossed.
"What..." Sehun lets out a sigh of frustration. "When did you-"
"Teleportation."
"Right." Sehun laughs nervously before grabbing his keys and turning back to his door to lock it. "Suho said you'd come to get me at ten," He says with a sigh.
"It's nine," Kai says gruffly.
"I have an hour," Sehun turns around to show him his camera. Kai narrows his eyes at it. 
"You think you're going to get me on a technicality?"
Sehun purses his lips in thought. "Technically," Sehun shrugs his shoulders and grin. "Come on, I'll show you my process. Maybe I'll even let you snap a few yourself!" Kai puts his hands in his pockets, following as Sehun heads to the elevators.
"Lucky me," He says sarcastically.


"It's been an hour- let's go."
"Hold on." Sehun holds the lens up to his eye, closing the other. When he clicks the button, he draws it back. He ponders if he should get another one, just in case.
"You spent twenty minutes looking around just for a good photo?"
Sehun looks around at the pond, still smiling regardless of his sour company. "I like to get the best lighting, you know?"
"No," Kai says. "I don't know."
Sehun pouts. "You're no fun, teleport-boy." He stands and gentle sets his camera to swing around his neck. "Alright,  We can go now."
"Really?" Kai raises a brow. "Teleport-boy?"
"So is there anything you like to do?" Sehun asks as they make their way towards the alley from before. He remains quiet, none of the attempts of small chat phasing him. He didn't seem like the type of person to talk. Only wanting to just get the job done. They're led back to the same tunnel.
"You hate talking, huh?" Sehun sighs.
Kai grabs onto his arm. The same tingling in his body. "Come on," he says, letting go. "Suho is waiting." he leads Sehun back up the same path and to the door. When he opens it, pulls Sehun and quickly steps to the side, allowing a large, orange-haired man fall out.
"I got you now, Kaaai!" He shouts, falling to the floor. He groans and rolls around. He holds onto his arm, which had gotten hit as he fell. "Ugggh!"
"Keep trying, big guy," Kai says before stepping over him and into the manor. 
Sehun looks at him as he rolls around. "Are you alright?"
"Leave him," Kai orders. "Come on."
Sehun gives the boy one last look before following Kai into the house. He quickly sides steps again as the same red-haired man, Baekhyun, came stomping outside.
"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yells. "What are you doing?!"
"Stop lagging behind!" Kai snaps, causing Sehun to hurry over to him and up the stairs. Inside the office, Sehun frowns when he doesn't see anyone.
"What am I suppose to-"
Without another word, Kai turns and leaves, closing the door behind him.
"Do...?" Sehun finishes. He sighs and looks around the room. Wondering off to the left side of the room, he notices a lot of almost ancient books on the shelf. Dust covers them, seemingly untouched in years. Some of the titles have to do with wolves and old magic.
Wolves?
Sehun turns his head when the door opens. Suho smiles at him.
"You came, Sehun."
"I said I wanted to help," He says, accepting when motioned to the couch.
"I'm glad, I'm glad," Suho nods. Like last time, Sehun is given a cup of tea. "Siwon hasn't caught wind of you, yet," He gives him a pointed look. "Excuse the pun."
"Siwon?"
Suho waves his hand a bit after putting his tea down. "Sorry, sorry. I get too excited," He laughs. "Siwon is..." As quickly as it came, Suho's smile fades. He goes quiet for a moment, thinking. "Siwon is our enemy." He finally says. "He..."
"Is he the one who killed those..." Sehun glances at the book on Suho's desk.
"Yes," Suho answers grimly.
"Um..."Sehun puts his class down as well now. "Suho?"
Suho hums in response, waiting for his question.
"About Kai...Why is he so..."
"Soo?" Suho raises his brows. Does he not mind Kai's cold personality? Or was he just that way with Sehun?
"Never mind," Sehun forces a smile.
"Well then," Suho says as he stands. "Shall we start your training?"


"You feel it in you, like a heartbeat." 
Suho had led Sehun to an area behind the manor; a training ground, as he called it. It was surrounded by a large metal wall. Training dummies, like the ones you see in fantasy settings, are placed to the left. On the other side of the grounds seemed to be a barrel of random weapons. But from the position Sehun was in, he couldn't see them clearly.

Suho raises his hands up, slowly forming water around his arms. Sehun watches as it wraps around him like a ribbon; the man so easily able manipulate it.
"It's that...easy?" Sehun looks at his hands.
"No," Suho chuckles. "Of course not." He moves the water into his right hand, forming it into a whip. "This took me many, many times to practice." With a smack of the whip, he lets it go, watching as it splashes onto the floor. He smiles at Sehun, walking over to him. "Don't worry, Sehun. You'll get better with enough practice." He grabs Sehun's shoulders gently. "Breathe and relax." He lets out a sigh and takes several steps back.

Sehun looks around for a target, setting his eyes on a leaf. He kneels down and stares at it intently. He holds his hand out, palm towards the leaf. He tries to concentrate. He tries to "feel it in his heart". He tries several ways of manifesting his "magic".  He tries to say commands in his mind. "Wind, go!"
Nothing happened.
"Air, go!"
Again, nothing happened. 
He sighs in frustration, falling onto his and onto his back. "Don't worry, Sehun." Suho appears, smiling down at him. He holds a water bottle "You'll get it in due time."
Sehun sighs and sits back up. He takes the water bottle with thanks. "I at this."
"We all did," Suho chuckles. 
"All except Suho," Kai says as he approaches.
"Please," Suho sighs. "I was once a beginner too. I was just raised with it."
Sehun glances up at Kai, wondering how long he had been there. He carries two long, wooden sticks in his hands. "What...are those?"
"They're called bo staffs," Suho responds and helps Sehun up. "I want you to train with Kai."
"With those? How will this help my magic?" Sehun asks, letting Suho pull his coat off. He folds it neatly and holds it on his forearm.
"It's to help you focus," Suho says as he sets Sehun's coat on a nearby bench. "Our old member, Tao, introduced it to us. It's a Chinese weapon and a good alternative to guns." 
Sehun feels his cheek warm up when he watches Kai pull off his shirt, revealing perfectly shaped, tan abs. He bites his lip and looks down at his feet. "Does u-um...does Siwon use these kinds of weapons?"
"No," Kai answers instead. "Siwon's people use guns."
Sehun whips his head back up toward Kai. "I...didn't hear you correctly, right?"
"You heard me right," he says. 
"Siwon's people use guns but that's all they're good for," Suho huffs. "Their magic abilities are easily not as superior as ours."
"What?! They have magic too?!"
Suho smiles tightly. "Technically, yes. But only a select of them use it, unlike us- they're the ones we really should worry about."
"Like Heechul," Kai puts in. "He strictly uses just magic. He doesn't rely on guns or weapons...he's deadly."
"Like our Chanyeol, he has fire abilities," Suho continues. "But Chanyeol is younger than him, more inexperienced."
"Catch." Kai tosses one of the staffs at Sehun. He gasps and tries to catch it, hurting his finger as it misses.
"Ow!"
"I said catch."
"I...I wasn't ready!"
Kai grips his own staff tightly, aiming it at Sehun. "Then get ready."
Sehun sighs and picks the staff up, trying to mimic Kai.  "What did I get myself into?"