Relax

Wolves Among Us

No one except for Kai, Sehun, D.O, and Suho knows what happened at the warehouse. How Sehun lost himself to anger, almost killing his first person. Sure, it would have rid them of Siwon. But what about the side effects? Sehun knows he could have and he also knows it'd make him just as bad as Siwon. Which is why he switches trainers. From Kai to D.O, Sehun knows how harsh D.O can be and that's what he needs. He can feel Kai slowly begin to soften upon him; which, according to Xiumin, isn't like him at all.

"The only reason you only won against Siwon, is because of your anger," D.O says as he slowly paces around Sehun. He watches as the boy focuses hard on the rock in his palm. "Even if you become strong with your anger, you'll be just as bad as Heechul and the others; which means you don't belong here. With us." D.O stops behind Sehun and stares at the rock. "I want you to pretend the rock is your anger. Grind it down until it's nothing but sand."

Sehun takes a deep breath as he stares down at the rock, barely bigger than his palm. He stops thinking about it as if it were Siwon, focusing on his anger. He didn't want to be mad; didn't want to have any of this anger. Being like any of Siwon's people is the last thing he wants. Heechul's fiery rage, Kyuhyun's dead expression, Siwon's maliciousness. He wants to be like these people.

Chanyeol's fiery hope, Suho and Lay's loving deminer, D.O's calm wisdom. Never again did he wants to lose his head and find himself choking the air out of someone's throat. The horrible look on Siwon's face as he loses consciousness; Sehun hated it. Because he remembers the fear he felt when Siwon almost killed him.  He sees it everytime he closes his eyes. "You will not make this mistake again," D.O calmly says. "The next time you fight him, don't panic. You'll be ready." He sits in front of Sehun, raising his hands. They both watch as the rock becomes a bit bigger, now completely fitting Sehun's hand. 

"Hey, it took me forever to get the rock that small!" Sehun complains but shuts up when D.O puts a finger up. When he points to the ground, Sehun stares at the pile of sand beside him.

"You're making more progress than you think." He grabs the tub and pulls it closer. "I want you to fill this tub with sand." With a swift motion, D.O raises his hands, the sand following and falling into the tub. "When this is completely full, I want you to make a small sandstorm."

"A sandstorm? I can't-"

"You're not a breeze, Sehun!" D.O suddenly snaps. "You're a tornado!"

"R-right!"

"Go on," D.O motions. "Repeat that to yourself as you work. Remember this when you fight Siwon next. Siwon is nothing! He's a puddle under your storm!"

"I'm not a breeze, I'm a tornado!" Sehun nods confidently. "I'm not a breeze! I'm a tornado!"

"The next time you fight Siwon, you'll cut his water into a simple rain! you'll become his greatest weakness!"

"Cut this water into simple rain," Sehun repeats, keeping his eyes now on the rock again. He swallows hard as he repeats all of that inside his head. He's not a breeze, he's a tornado. If he remembers this, Siwon will be nothing but a simple rain; a light flick of water. A puddle. Sehun calms himself before he can get upset. Instead, he thinks about someone he wants to help. Anyone. Kai-

"No," D.O interrupts his thoughts. "Don't rely on another person to help fuel your power. Even if it's for good."

"How did you-"

"In the unfortunate event that another one of us dies," He begins to explain. "I know it's not something anyone wants to hear, but we have to face it. In your case, if Kai ever dies...we'd lose your power as well as Kai's."

Sehun blushes and looks away shyly. "I-I don't..."

"I already know you like him, Sehun," D.O chuckles. "I don't disapprove of the idea, just don't fuel your magic with thoughts of him. Lay made that mistake and he lost Kris. Thus, he lost any real usefulness for his abilities. He can heal scrapes and scratches, that's it." Sehun looks down at his feet sadly. It was cruel but it's true. D.O was right. "I know it hurts to hear, Sehun. But what I say is true. If you use Kai or anyone else to fuel your abilities, it won't end well."

Sehun lets out a sigh and slowly nods. "What should I use?"

"I don't know," D.O admits. "Everyone is different. Suho focuses his magic on helping others as well as himself. He balances the two out. If you focus just on helping others..."

"It'll be just like me," Sehun finishes. "Able to help others but not myself."

"Exactly. While your focus is very honorable, it'll eventually get you killed," D.O says. "As you've almost experienced. If you want help to be your focus, you need to do what Suho does. Balance both of them. Because the reason your magic kicks in only when you're helping others is because that's your fuel."

"So every time I got singled out and attacked..."

"You only knew how to manifest when helping others. If you don't help yourself, you can't help others."

Sehun thinks about the time he was able to put the woman's candle out. He thought it was just a small, trick he could do but no. He was trying to help Kai, again. Trying to help him get out of a bad mood. He thinks about every time he used his magic. The first time was with the glass; he wanted to help by catching their glass. To prevent it from shattering. On the roof, when he thought Kai was going to get hurt. He groans and sets the rock down. He shakes the sand into the tub and from his hands before rubbing his face.

"Rest, for now, Sehun," D.O says as he stands. "You only just got back from that mission last night." Sehun nods and watches as D.O sets all the rocks back in the tub. He covers it with a lid and pushes it back by the barrels. With a final small smile, D.O heads back inside, leaving Sehun alone with his thoughts.  His thoughts, however, is interrupted not even a minute later. He looks over his shoulder, smiling as Kai heads to him and sits down. 

"Hey," Kai greets and Sehun just nods. "So, about the mission..."

"...I'm sorry," Sehun mumbles, hugging his knees. "You shouldn't have seen that- no, that shouldn't even have happened."

"Look, you got angry. All of us had an experience like that."

Sehun looks at him curiously. "ALL of you?"

"I almost lost my and almost tore someone apart," Kai admits. 

"L-literally tear them apart?" Sehun asks and when Kai nods, he narrows his eyes. "How...?"

 "You don't want to know," and by the tone of Kai's voice, he really didn't. "Everyone but Lay had one of these experiences."

"Even...D.O?"

"D.O had one too," Kai admits again. "He...DID kill someone, but he learned from it. That's probably why he's so determined to help you." Sehun slowly nods, seeming to understand now. He doesn't ever want to kill someone like that or come even close to it. "Hey, let's go out."

Sehun looks at him oddly. "Huh?"

Kai stands. "Let's go out, get you to relax. Subway or fun way?" Sehun stands as well, eyeing him suspiciously. 

"What's...fun way?"

Sehun watches Kai morph into his wolf before his very eyes. He just smiles and walks over, his hand extended. "Ah..." He chuckles as he pet's Kai's fur. "Fun way." He bites his lip as he glances through the window. It's true that he needs to relax. He's always so tense lately. With a swift motion, he grabs onto Kai and hops onto his back. He lays onto his stomach, wrapping around the wolf to keep himself steady.

Sehun will never get tired of riding a wolf. The wind hitting his hair and face as he watches life past them by in a blur Kai, of course, only traveled through the woods; in case someone saw them. which is fine with Sehun, since he's barely outside of the city anyways. Kai stops at a cliff that overlooks the city. Sehun hops off and gasps. "Whoa!" He smiles as he stares; lights and life dance around in a hustle. Fast but graceful. He slowly sits in the grass, almost hypnotized by it. he's so distracted he hardly notices when Kai sits beside him. "It's beautiful," Sehun sighs.

"Yeah..." Kai leans back on his arms. "It's good to get away sometimes. Especially with all of this stuff happening." Sehun hugs his knees as he nods in agreement. It's times like now that he misses his poor camera. "How are you? Since...Siwon."

Sehun leans his chin against his knee and shrugs. "I have...nightmares about it."

"I heard..." Kai sighs. "I went to check in you but Suho was already there."

"...Do you think he blames himself?"

"I know he does," Kai whispers. "He always does."

Sehun picks at some grass, pulling it out and tossing it to the side. "I keep...thinking about Siwon's face as I..."

"Hey," Kai looks over at him. "You learned, so it'll be better next time."Sehun smiles at him, still unsure. But the support feels good. Especially from Kai. "I won't let you get into that situation again. I'll...protect you, alright?"

Sehun stares at him for a moment, a little surprised. He's usually only seen a cold side of Kai. But lately, he can feel the man warming up tremendously. He sniffs and leans his head on Kai's shoulder. He sighs and closes his eyes when an arm extends around his own shoulders, holding him now. He wishes he was stronger. So he wouldn't make everyone worry and blame himself. Turning his face, he buries his face into Kai's chest. Kai grabs his face and pulls him up, looking into Sehun's eyes.

"Hey, I mean it," Kai gives him a pointed look. "It's not your fault." Sehun stares at him and swallows hard. He blushes but nods anyway.

"R-right..." All of a sudden, his heart starts to pound as his stomach refuses to sit still. Kai's dark, intense eyes looking into his own. He feels faint when he feels Kai's thumb caress his cheek, wiping something wet from him. He touches his eye with his right fingertips and laughs weakly. "W-weird...I don't remember..." He trails off. This is too fast. Sehun frowns and slowly pulls back. Kai looks at him with concern but he just shakes his head. This is definitely too fast. Sehun has never been this close to someone before and it scares him; it really does. What would happen if they got close like Lay and Kris? Kris dies and Lay loses a lot of his fight. What happens if Kai dies? What would Sehun do?

"Thank you...Kai," Sehun whispers, slowly standing. "Let's head back."

Kai still looks a bit confused but he nods. "Sure, No problem."
 

----------------------------------------

I decided to remove the kiss from this part. Only because...uhh, well it's too soon! Think about it; Sehun has NEVER been close to anyone. He's never even KISSSSSED someone