Distraction

Wolves Among Us


Sehun's chest and stomach feel tight as he sits on Kai's bed. He can hear Lay's muffled crying a few doors away. Perhaps no one else hears him, but Sehun can. His heartaches and he has half a mind to go comfort him. But then he hears the door open and close, followed by Suho's comforting voice. It makes him feel relieved that they have such kind and attentive leader. He probably blamed himself for Lay's sudden outburst. 

"Kai?"

"What?"

"Will you tell me about Luhan?" Sehun scoots back, joining Kai as he sits against the wall. 

Kai remains silent for a moment as if thinking whether or not to speak. He finally clears his throat. "Luhan and I..." Kai sighs. "Luhan and I were really close friends. I...even considered him a brother." Sehun rests his head on Kai's shoulder as he stares at the symbol as well. "He was...the kind of guy that wanted to act cool, tough, manly...but he wasn't," Kai says that with a weak laugh. "He cried so easily sometimes. Sometimes it feels like all you'd have to do is tell him he always cries and then he'd cry after denying it." He uses his other hand to hold Sehun's. "I think you two would have gotten along," he admits. "Maybe even best friends."

Sehun smiles at that. "You think so?"

"Luhan was never really confident in his own abilities and he consistently needed reassurance. You...would have been good for his ego. Like you are with the  others here."

"What are you talking about?"

"You have a weird way to..." Kai leans his head back and seems to think carefully for a moment. "I noticed a lot of the members started to work harder since you joined. Some of them took a quick liking to you when you first joined." Sehun feels shy when Kai says that. "I think something clicked when you almost died twice. Especially since at the time, you were unprepared and untrained. Siwon was basically killing an unarmed man."

"I...wasn't completely unprepared the second time, though," Sehun whispers and Kai nods, a tight smile on his face. 

"No, which upset them even more."

"You...all talked about this?" Sehun asks with concern. The idea that they might have gotten together and spoken about him, makes him worried.

"Yes," Kai says truthfully. "D.O is the one who originally got us together to talk about it. He warned us that even though you've made significant progress, you're still no match for Siwon. He'll target you, for sure."

Sehun frowns as he scoots closer and leans his head on Kai's shoulder. Letting go of his hand, Kai wraps an arm around Sehun to pull him in closer. "Siwon would hit that low?"

"He wants us to lose our moral," Kai shrugs. "He knows every other member has experience but you. He thinks you'll be easy to kill."

"Thinks?" Sehun huffs. "I AM easy to kill. I don't have any real power."

Kai sets Luhan's necklace down on his nightstand before grabbing Sehun by his chin and making him look into his eyes. "Sehun, You almost killed Siwon."

Sehun stares into Kai's eyes, confused. "Ye...yes? But I got fueled by rage."

"But you still almost killed him and Siwon knows this too; he KNOWS that you're a threat now."

Sehun frowns. "That doesn't make me feel good, Kai."

Kai laughs and shakes his head. "It should! I was there when you were choking him! There was so much fear in his eyes because he didn't how to fight against your wind...and he still doesn't." He gives Sehun a lazy but confident grin. "I bet Siwon is out there somewhere, desperately trying to find a way to fight your wind anyway he can. And I'll even bet he's going to try to prepare the other men too."

Sehun shakes his head as well. "How does this make me feel better?"

"Because out of everyone here, you have the best chance against Siwon. He doesn't know what you're capable of."

"He's...fought everyone here before?"

"Yes," Kai lets go of Sehun's shoulder, leaning back to his spot. "Even Suho...but it was more of self-defense against Siwon." Sehun keeps his eyes on Kai as he speaks.

"B-but now that he knows about my abilities, he'll be ready."

"You keep progressing the way you've been lately and you'll always be a step or two ahead of him and his boys."

Sehun sighs, leaning into Kai when he holds him again. He slowly grabs his own necklace from inside his shirt to look at it. Kai is so confident in him and so are the others, but what if he fails them? When the next time he fights Siwon, what if he's completely useless again or he loses himself? But remembering the way he felt choking Siwon, it makes him clench a little. He hated how it felt. He felt powerful, sure. But the way Siwon stared at him with fear in his normally calmy eyes, frightened him. He still sees them in his dreams at night; haunting him every time he sleeps. The next time he fights Siwon, Sehun wants to be ready. He doesn't want to lose himself again; he wants to be calm and collected. 

"You really do think a lot, don't you?" Kai asks, getting Sehun's attention again. Sehun looks up at him with confusion. He laughs softly and leans down. He's unsure what to say when a kiss is placed gently on his forehead. His cheeks begin to become warm, no doubt making them turn a bright pink. 

When Kai grins at him, Sehun pushes him. "W-what?"

Kai shrug and pushes the covers from beneath them. "Sleep in my room tonight. Your clock is keeping you up again, isn't it?"

Sehun shyly watches as Kai pulls his own shirt off and discards it to the side. Sehun tries to force his eyes away from Kai's toned abs. "Come on," Kai chuckles. "Don't you sleep in your underwear?"

"H-how do you know that?" Sehun gasps.

"I've come in once or twice when you had a nightmare to check on you," He reveals. "Suho was there first but I wanted to see if you were alright."

Sehun fiddles shyly with the bottom of his shirt, unsure what to do. When Kai just shrugs and lays down, he lets out a shaky sigh. He stands up before slowly pulling his shirt off as well. Under the gaze of Kai, he feels strange; something stirring in his stomach as he s his pants. Now down to his underwear, he quickly turns the light off and runs to get undercover. Kai laughs and wraps his strong arms around Sehun, welcoming him tighter into warmth. He brings his knees up, glad it's too dark for Kai to see Sehun's embarrassed expression.

"You don't have to be shy," Sehun shivers when Kai whispers in his ear. "I've seen you half before."

Sehun gasps and looks up at him. "A-aside from me sleeping?"

"I mean...you walk around half all the time when you try to train your air bubbles."

"Those w-were my swim trunks!"

Kai shrugs. "Still. Everyone here already saw you; Baekhyun even told me he saw you ."

Sehun widens his eyes. "N-?!"

"When I first kicked your ," Kai snickers. Sehun frowns, leaning his cheek against Kai's chest. He figures it's better that someone like Baekhyun sees him like that instead of someone else. Like Kai. If he wasn't blushing before, he really is now. The thought of Kai seeing him makes him shift around nervously. There's no reason for Kai to want to see Sehun anyway.

Sehun finds it hard to focus when he feels Kai's hand against his . He tries to take even breaths but they come out shaky every time. He does, however, smile when he hears Kai begin to softly snore.  He wonders how the guy can fall asleep so easily, especially with all of the things he's no doubt seen. Sehun closes his eyes now, deciding to try and try to fall asleep himself.


Sehun isn't sure how long he's been staring at the wall but he can only assume it's been a few hours. He unwillingly listens to the house and everything inside. Suho and Lay have stopped talking only an hour ago. Afterward, The leader went to check on everyone else; including Kai. But when no one answers, he just went on his way. He's in the kitchen now, talking with Chanyeol. Chanyeol expresses how he doesn't feel like he's getting any stronger but their leader reassures him.  He also says he wants to be able to protect Baekhyun and that makes Sehun smile. Baekhyun snores in their shared room and Lay is silent, but not sleeping. Sehun's eyes widen and he slowly sits up when he hears something strange. Quiet groaning, heavy breathing. He furrows his brows as he tries to focus on the sounds. But that's when it hits him. When he hears a soft moan and someone utter Chen's real name.

"Oh my god," Sehun blushes and covers his mouth. He quickly lays back down when he realizes what he's hearing. Xiumin and Chen. In their room with much needed alone time. He seriously needs to learn how to control this. How to control what he hears with the wind, as D.O does with the earth and stones. Or how Suho with water.

"What do you hear?"

Sehun looks up at Kai, had not realized he woke up. The sight of his messy hair and a tired, lazy smile makes Sehun weak. He can feel his heart begin to beat faster. "Um..." He clears his throat. "S-something I probably shouldn't."

Kai looks like he tries to listen carefully. When he's unable to hear much, he shakes his head. "Does covering your ears help?"

"No," Sehun mumbles. "It's the wind, not my ears. Maybe...we could...go out for a bit?"

Kai shrugs. "Sure but Suho will get mad if he sees we're not here." Sehun glances at the time. It's three in the morning. Suho would definitely freak out. Leaning his head back down, Sehun feels a bit defeated.

"I'll...I'll just deal with it, it's okay," Sehun whispers. He closes his eyes, trying his hardest not to listen to anything. When he focuses on Kai's heartbeat, he's surprised to hear how fast it's beating. He frowns again and slowly looks back up. He jumps a little when he finds Kai staring down at him with an unreadable expression. Sehun stares into his dark eyes, noticing something a bit strange and foreign; something he isn't sure he's seen before. No, he has seen it. He's just never seen it towards him. It's the same way Chanyeol look at Baekhyun when he's not looking. Or Chen to Xiumin. But why Kai would be looking at him like that, Sehun has no idea. "I..I um..." Sehun his lip nervously. "I didn't...mean to wake you."

The look in Kai's eyes never falter. He's silent for a moment before he's leaning down again. Sehun's eyes flutter shut, expecting another kiss on his forehead. His breath, however, hitches in his throat when he feels soft lips against his own, a strong hand now caressing his cheek. They sit there with uncertainty and it feels as if Kai is just seeing how Sehun reacts. He slowly wraps his arm around Sehun's waist, pulling him closer. He grabs onto Kai's arm, trembling a little against his lips. Sehun feels fluttering, electricity, something in him as they stay connected. He lights up with a spark of what feels like happiness. He doesn't know what it is and he's never felt it before. Everything was slow, light, soft. And dare he say, perfect.

When Kai pulls back, Sehun feels disappointed. But the way Kai looks at him makes him keep quiet. Breathing becomes heavier when Kai slowly begins to get on top of Sehun, silently encouraging him to lay on his back. "I can distract you if you want" Kai whispers, a small smile arising. He gently brushes some hair from Sehun's eyes. "Or If you're uncomfortable, I can stop." Sehun tries to open his mouth to speak but finds it hard to form words. All he can do is slowly shake his head as tries to find the right way to say things and how to express his feelings. But when Kai starts to get off, Sehun quickly grabs onto his arm, keeping him in place. Swallowing hard, he forces himself to talk.

"N-no," He murmurs. "I...I don't want you to."

"To what? Stop?" Sehun slowly nods, still unable to properly speak. He doesn't know what he's asking for. Hell, he doesn't even know what to expect. Sehun shivers when Kai kisses him again and he can't get enough. Kisses to the side of his mouth, towards his cheek, and down to his chin. He kisses along Sehun's jaw before traveling to his neck. Kai leans back up to Sehun's ear. "You need to relax," he whispers. Sehun inhales sharply when he feels Kai's hand run down his flat stomach, past his waistband. "Are you okay?"

Sehun laughs nervously. "I...I uh..." He groans when Kai begins to rub him. "I..I never-"

Kai suddenly stops. "Wait, you're...a ?"

Sehun inhales slowly. "I-it's...it's alright. I want this."

"Are you sure?" Kai keeps a close eye on him, looking for any doubt. But when Sehun enthusiastically nods, he smiles. Pulling his hand back from Sehun's underwear, he goes back to hovering over him; their faces merely inches away. "I want you to know this. It'll hurt at first, alright?"

"W-what?" Sehun looks down in confusion. He watches as Kai slowly pulls his own sweatpants off; revealing himself. Biting his lip, Sehun shyly looks away.

"Is...this still alright?"

"Y-yeah..."

Sehun lifts his hips, allowing Kai to gradually pull his boxers off. When settled back on the bed, Kai reaches over for something from inside his nightstand drawer but Sehun doesn't look what. "You need to tell me right away if you want to stop, got it?"

"Why...will it hurt?"

Kai just smiles. "It's only at first," he comforts. "It'll get better." He stops, waiting for Sehun's permission. With an inhale of breath and a shaky exhale, he finally nods. He closes his eyes, trying to focus just on when Kai kisses him. He flinches from the sudden cold that makes contact with his skin. But when Kai eventually does push into him, it really does hurt. It causes Sehun to clench and shifts around awkwardly.  Kai keeps still as he tenderly rubs Sehun's hips with his thumbs, trying to help him relax. He keeps telling him that it's alright and to try and relax. Sehun keeps his eyes shut tight before he nods. He's afraid, understandably. But he wants to trust Kai. When Kai pushes his legs apart to make more room, it still hurts. Even when the man begins to slowly move his hips. Sehun keeps his eyes shut tight as his legs begin to shake. 

When the pain ultimately ends and it's succeeded by pleasure, it gets better. So much better. It gives Sehun a feeling he doesn't even know how to accurately describe. He starts to moan and tremble, spreading his thighs further to allow more movement. Kai sits up now and grabs Sehun's legs. Each gives him a tightness in his stomach;  It's not the same feeling as crying or nervousness. A very, very new one. Sehun grips onto the sheets, gripping them tightly. He opens his eyes and looks at Kai. He feels his heart almost want to stop at the expression on the man's face. Pleasure, passion, hunger; his lips parted and his hair in his eyes. Sweat creates a thin layer over both of their bodies the faster they move together. It makes Kai almost glow, illuminated only by the moon shining through his open window. 

Kai rubs Sehun's calves before leaning back down to kiss him. This kiss is different from earlier. Rough, strong, but loving. Like they're the only two people that mattered right at this moment. Sehun feels strange when something builds up inside him and he struggles a little. He grabs onto Kai's back tightly, everything begins to shake. The room, Kai, Sehun. He throws his head back and lets out a particularly loud moan and the shaking intensifies. His toes curl tightly and everything clenches. Electricity shoots up him and he cries out. His knuckles turn white, sweat seems into the sheets and blankets.

They stare at each other while their chests heave up and down quickly. Kai slowly leans down, kissing him again before pulling away. "God, Sehun, I haven't..." Kai trails off and Sehun sighs.

"What..what is it?" Sehun questions, allowing Kai to help him sit up. That's when he sees it. The state of Kai's room. Paintings are on the floor, knocked off the wall. Dressers knocked over, and blankets were thrown to the floor. Sehun gasp while he looks around the bed. It's a foot away from its original spot.

"Kai?! Sehun!" Suho knocks loudly on the door. "We heard a loud commotion! A-are you two alright?!"

"Are you two getting killed?!" Chanyeol shouts. 

Sehun covers his mouth, suddenly wanting to disappear. "All good, Suho," Kai smirks. "We were just..." He glances at the room again. "Pushing around some furniture."

"At this time of night?"

Kai looks at Sehun and shrugs. "What can I say? I...didn't like the way my room looked."

Suho lets out a sigh as well, probably nodding. "Good, we're glad you're both safe."

"Oh my god," Sehun groans. "Kai, Y-your room!" Sehun widens his eyes again. "I don't know how...how this..." Sehun stares at Kai, confused by his knowing stare.

"Your wind, Sehun." Kai grabs a thin blanket, using it to cover them both as he lays down. After being forced to lay down, Sehun returns to his spot between Kai's arms. "You should probably learn more control."

Sehun wipes the sweat from his face before tiredly resting his head back down. "Tell me about it."

--------------------------------

Sehun:  send help