Necklaces

Wolves Among Us

Sehun hasn't spent much time with Xiumin or D.O outside of the manor much. Outside of training in general, actually. Which is why he's actually kind of excited when Suho puts him on a mission with them both; he had begged the leader to let him go with them. Kai said it made him nervous that Sehun would be going on a mission without him but eventually relented when both Xiumin and D.O promised to protect him; both assuring Kai that Sehun has made plenty of progress and can protect himself if needed.

"What are we looking for?" Sehun whispers as the three of them crouch down low. He keeps his staff tightly strapped on his back, only using it if he really needs to. 
"We're here to take back those necklaces," Xiumin whispers back. "Now that we're aiming to kill, Suho wants us to try again. Chen says he's a hundred percent certain that Siwon isn't going to be here." Sehun frowns a little. He kind of wanted to show the guy who was boss with his new found power. But he's also afraid he'd lose himself again. For now, it's best he stays away. D.O kneels beside the back entrance of a warehouse, a different one than last time. Sehun watches as Xiumin goes up and pulls out a pack of lockpicks; all different sizes for different types of locks. He raises his brows at the baby-faced man; He's just as shady as his boyfriend, Chen. Once inside, D.O stands up, still on guard.

"You know the drill," He says softly. "Look for the necklaces- aim to kill if you're intercepted."

"We're separating?" Sehun frowns but the two boys both shake their heads.

"No," Xiumin responds in a whisper. "But keep an eye out."

Sehun nods nervously, keeping close to Xiumin, who is following D.O as he leads, He stops and looks around every so often, keeping an eye on the area. Suho says D.O makes the best scout, especially with his smaller side and able to see through the earth; the stone. They make their way deeper into the warehouse, keeping in the shadows. But D.O stands up straight, seemingly alert all of a sudden. When he goes to reach for his staff, a bolt of lightning strikes D.O's hand, forcing the weapon to fall away. He grunts before he waves his hand, pulling some rock out from the ground. When the same two men from the roof approach them, Sehun gets nervous. What if Siwon is there too?

"Let's capture them so Heechul and Siwon can deal with them when they get back!" The lightning boy says but Eunhyuk shakes his head.

"No," He growls. "We're killing them here and now."

Xiumin pulls his hands up as well, Sehun taking their lead and manifests his daggers. "Aim to kill!" D.O hisses before launching himself towards the lightning boy, causing him to gasp and jumps back. While he's distracted, Eunhyuk turns back to Xiumin and Sehun, his expression not once changing. The lack of emotion on the man's face makes Sehun scared; cold as ice, ironically enough.  Sehun throws his daggers, shattering the ice that threatens to come close to Xiumin. They both round Eunhyuk, dodging just barely as he throws ice after ice at them; only once or twice slicing at their arms. Xiumin is faster than he looks and that surprises him. Eunhyuk begins to target Sehun when realizing he's slower. Raising his hand, he summons something that grips tightly on Sehun's ankles and forcing him to stay still. With a strong impact of air, he's able to shatter one of them, barely moving out of the way when a sharp dagger is brought down towards him. 

Xiumin stomps his foot and smashes the other ice around Sehun, allowing him to roll out of the way of another oncoming attack. He gasps as he's just barely able to summon a wall of air, causing an ice stake to slam against the invisible barrier. The impact

"I see," Eunhyun says in an almost whisper. "You've learned to control your powers." Sehun widens his eyes when he suddenly turns and slams a hard piece of ice against Xiumin's face; the boy crying out as he falls to the side. Blood streams down his face as he lays motionless on the floor. Sehun stares at him, wanting so badly to make sure he's alright. But as Eunhyun using his, for the first time, other hand, he brings his attention back to him. 
Sehun steps back and can feel himself get elevated. He looks down at the sudden rock under him, lifting him up as he's tossed up to the second floor; as if D.O is trying to get him to safety. He stumbles off the large piece of the earth right before it crumbles. He grunts when Eunhyuk raising his arms, ice raising under his feet as he makes himself a bridge. Sehun grabs his staff and spins it, aiming it at the man. "Seeing those two boys protect you so fiercely..." His hands and arms become covered in ice. "It makes me want to kill you more."

The sudden maliciousness in Eunhyuk's voice makes Sehun shiver but he pushes any fear anyway. He shakes it from his head and stands up tall. "I'm not a breeze, I'm a tornado, " He thinks. Sehun brings his staff up and spins it again. "You can try," he retorts. "I won't make an easy target this time!" Sehun takes a deep breath before practically pushing air through the wood of staff, as D.O had shown him before. He waves it in the air for a moment before slamming it down against the ground; a large impact of air taking Eunhyuk off guard. The sudden burst of wind causes him to fall off his eyes. He catches himself onto the railing and glares at the boy. After he pulls himself up quickly, his expression finally changes.

"So you have party tricks," He chuckles. "Impressive, but it won't protect you here!" He once again brings his ice up, grabbing onto Sehun's staff and snapping it in one swift motion. Sehun stares at the staff, getting a new idea. Letting the two sharp pieces falling to the first floor, he manifests a weapon again; this one in this shape of a staff. He jumps back a little and prepares himself. Eunhyuk throws ice stakes at him, only to be shattered by the impact of Sehun's wind each time. When the sound of crackling ensues from behind him, he twirls his staff around and hits the ice hard, breaking it. Eunhyuk frowns, again, seeming surprised. Not allowing to get himself cornered, he grabs onto the railing and jumps off, towards the floor down below. He brings his hand up and his wind wraps around him like a blanket, slowing his fall. As soon as Sehun lands, he dodges a sudden ball of electricity. The boy lets out a sharp cry when a spike of rock suddenly stabs into his arm. Sehun grimaces at the bloody scene and returns his attention back to Eunhyuk; who is now approaching quickly. 

Sehun spins around, gasping when something sharp strikes his chest. He can feel liquid under his shirt but he tries to ignore the sting. He stumbles back when Eunhyuk strikes again, his sudden anger seeming to make his attack faster and stronger. That's when he hears it. The sound of a heart beating. Not his own, someone elses. It pounds heavily and it causes him to turn, looking for it. He furrows his brow in confusion, forgetting about everyone for a few moments. That's when he hears it. Crackling and a crunch. He widens his eyes as he slowly turns, the sight of a metal blade merely inches from his head. He takes a step back and covers his mouth. Eunhyuk stares at Sehun, his eyes also wide as he's frozen in place. A large piece of ice impaled deep inside his body, smaller spikes stuck inside his body. Blood drips down the ice and onto the dark ground of the warehouse; red, crimson falls from Eunhyuk's mouth. Sehun can hear his heart. It slows quickly, approaching its end fast and threatening to end. And it does end. It ends abruptly as another piece of ice fly's past and plunges into his heart. Xiumin stands nearby, breathing and panting, leaning against a pole.

"Eunhyuk!" The other man screams out but he's cut short and it causes him to gargle. Sehun doesn't want to look. He knows D.O did something and he didn't want to see. But something forces him to turn around. To stare at the boy on the floor, his body now limp on the ground. D.O stands beside him, slowly lowering the rocks from the man's body. So much blood. Death. Sehun swallows hard as he suddenly falls to his knees. He looks down at the red that greets his knees and stains his hands. He trembles at the sight of all of it. He knew he had to kill but...

D.O snatches a necklace from around the lightning user's body, motioning to Xiumin. He can only assume Xiumin got something too from the sound of it. "They've been wearing them this whole time," D.O spits on the dead bodies, a disgusting gesture, abnormal from the man's normal personality. Suho is right. This is horrible. All of this is horrible. Sehun closes his eyes tightly and covers his face, blood smearing onto his face. 

Xiumin sighs and wraps his arms around Sehun's head as if to protect him. "We should get him home."

"What about the bodies?" D.O asks.

There's a moment of silence before Xiumin speaks up. "Make sure they're dead, just in case."

"They're...dead" Sehun's voice is shaky. "They're both dead."

"How can you tell?"

"Because..." Sehun's hands slowly lower as he opens his eyes again, staring at the two boys. "I can't hear their heartbeats anymore..."

Sehun watches as blood swirls down the drain. He scrubs his hands roughly and fast, desperate to get it off him. He'll see it in his dreams, he knows he will. He knows they're meant to kill them but god, it was horrible. 

"Two of their members?" He hears Suho speak. "Which ones?"

"Eunhyuk and Sungmin," D.O responds. "Siwon will not be pleased."

"Regardless, now he knows we are no longer playing nice. He'll see this as an official sign that we mean war."

"But what if we're not ready?" Chanyeol asks nervously. 

"We're ready, " Suho reassures him, pausing before speaking again. Sehun stares at himself in the mirror. Memories of dead motionless bodies. He knows, eventually, he will have to kill. "...We have to be."