Kyuhyun Part 2

Wolves Among Us

Sehun only begins to feel nervous when they start to near the place. It's an abandoned building this time, with no signs of life from inside. After hopping off of the wolf's back, Baekhyun grabs Sehun's hand and helps him off. He doesn't watch Chanyeol turn back, turning his attention when he hears something faint. 

"What do you hear, Sehun?" Baekhyun asks, squatting down beside Sehun.

Sehun shakes his head as focuses. He tries to flow with his wind, tries to hear through it. He closes his eyes and waits patiently. "Soft talking and footsteps." They stop for a moment before continuing. "Two sets..."

"Where are they?"

Sehun waits for a moment. From the sound of their voices and feet on the ground, it sounds like a perhaps a hall of sorts. "A...corridor, I think."

"Can you tell which floor?"

Sehun shakes his head. "Not really but it's not coming from the main building," He responds. "It's like...in the basement?"

Baekhyun nods and pats Sehun's back. "That's where we'll check first then." He stands up and goes to Chanyeol. Sehun doesn't watch as they kiss and whisper to each other. He keeps his attention towards the building and listens for any changes. 

"We should be careful," Sehun says to Baekhyun when he rejoins him. He stands correctly and grabs out his staff. "D.O says Kyuhyun can hear his magic, and the basement is made of stone."

"Sounds like a good plan, kiddo." 

Sehun scowls at the name but stays silent as he follows Baekhyun down the hill, leaving Chanyeol behind. The redhead makes quick work of the front door, easily and silently sliding it open. Sehun feels nervous as they carefully make their way through the building and down the stairs; his heart beginning to beat faster with every step they take. He remembers when Kyuhyun tried to kill him that one time. While he was more scared of Heechul, he remembers the dark, blank stare of the earth-user. The absence of emotion on his face. Sehun gasps when the light above them suddenly lights up. He looks at Baekhyun's unfazed expression.

"Did you do that?"

Baekhyun nods. "Light abilities, remember?"

Sehun watches in awe as everytime Baekhyun goes under a light, they turn on; The long corridor lighting up as they make their way through it. When something stirs in the air, he suddenly stops and grabs onto Baekhyun's arm. Before the redhead can say anything, Sehun puts his hand up to silence him. He strains his ear, his wind, trying desperately to listen. When a soft rumbling comes from beside them, Sehun quickly turns his head.

"W-watch out!" Sehun grabs onto Baekhyun and forces them both to the ground just as something shoots out from the wall beside them. Someone spins out from the rocks, easily landing on his feet nearby. As they both slowly stand, Kyuhyun stares at them, his eyes angry this time.

"Look who showed their face," Baekhyun scoffs as he gets to his feet. Sehun looks behind them, at the man who now approaches them. From his brown hair and appearances, Sehun recognizes him as Leeteuk; Siwon's healer.

"Something tells me they knew we were coming," Sehun says and Baekhyun shrugs. He grabs the staff from his back and twirls it in his hands. 

"Either way, You die tonight, Kyuhyun!" Baekhyun sneers. Kyuhyun slowly smiles as he steps back into a stance and raises his hands.

"It's time for you to join your brothers," Kyuhyun's voice is deep and dangerous. Baekhyun looks at Sehun and motions for the hall. Nodding, Sehun turns and begins to runs away. "Chase him!" Kyuhyun snaps angrily.

"But-" Leeteuk looks back at the earth user.

"GO! And don't kill him! Siwon wants him alive!"

Leeteuk turns and begins to give chase. It might be a bad idea to separate himself from Baekhyun but he heard what Suho said. He needs to separate them. Sehun ducks around a corner, bringing his staff as he waits. As soon as the healer follows, he spins his weapon and slams it against the man's knees. Leeteuk grunts but holds his ground, pulling a knife out. Sehun raises his staff again, readying himself. He brings it up in time to block a slash, trying to not get nervous. While Sehun knows Leeteuk won't kill him, under Siwon's orders, he probably won't have any qualms about Sehun being hurt.

Sehun gasps when the knife almost makes contact with his hand. He backs up in time, landing back in the hall. He glances over at Baekhyun, watching for a moment as Kyuhyun and he fight. When the redhead lands a hit on Kyuhyun's arm, cutting him deeply, Leeteuk looks to him. When he begins to run over to the earth user, Sehun tries to think fast. He extends his arm out and manifests his wind. A sudden impact of wind slams Leeteuk to the ground. He groans and rolls over, staring back to Sehun. First rule Kai taught Sehun; never turn your back to your opponent. He guesses Leeteuk never learned this.

Sehun points his staff towards the healer, smiling. "Am I not good enough for your attention?" After glowering darkly, he quickly stands.

"I'm fine!" Kyuhyun yells out, "Focus on capturing the air user!"

"So, that's your power..." Leeteuk brings his knife up again.

Sehun gets into stance again; that means neither of them knew he was coming. It seems Siwon sometimes ill-prepares his men. Then again, Sehun doubts the healer actually does much fighting. Leeteuk launches forward, tearing Sehun from his thoughts. He hadn't noticed the man bring out a second knife, using them simultaneously. One of the blades cuts his shirt, creating a large tear. Before another cut can connect, Sehun raises his other hand up to slam wind into the man's wrist; one of the knives flying out and onto the ground. Sehun grunts and stumbles back when the healer turns to kick him in the stomach. Grabbing onto the wall, he quickly stands up straight again. When he lifts his staff up to protect him from an incoming attack, Leeteuk surprises him with a hard cut to his thigh.

Sehun gasps and grabs his leg,  his blood slowly running down his leg now. He lets out a shaky breath and steadies himself. He catches himself on his staff, letting out a sudden groan when it's broken; flinging him to the floor. Leeteuk is quick to his side, bring his weapon up. Tossing his broke staff to the side, Sehun quickly manifests his wind into his own knives. Grabbing onto them, he brings them up and slices; blood seeping out of the healer's forearm now. Leeteuk stares wide-eyed at the blood that now drips, some of it getting on Sehun. He rolls out from under the man, letting his knives turn back into the air. Ignoring the pulsing pain of his thigh, he stands up and faces Leeteuk.

When Baekhyun lets out a sound of a struggle, Sehun quickly turns his head. Kyuhyun sits on top of him with rocks pointing around them. Cursing, he grabs one of the broken pieces of the staves. He throws it hard, using his wind to give it a small launch. When it slams in the earth user's back, Baekhyun takes the opportunity to quickly kick him off and stand. He turns his attention back to Leeteuk and raises his hands up. Wrapping it around his body like a blanket, the healer coughs in pain when he's thrown hard against a wall. Once he stands, Leeteuk steps quickly towards Sehun again. Sehun turns his body right to face directly away from the man, pivoting onto his left foot. He sweeps his leg back in a big arch and snaps his kick as he approaches Leeteuk's head. He hits with the back of his heel before sweeping again and bringing his leg back into its original position. The kick causes Leeteuk to stumble back onto the floor harshly. 

"Agh!" Kyuhyun struggles now, getting both Sehun and the healer's attention. Baekhyun hovers over him, a large blade in his hands as he's ready to strike. "Leeteuk!" The healer tries to stand but Sehun grabs his leg, forcing him back to the ground. After a stab to his shoulder, Kyuhyun lets out another shout. Leeteuk curses as he turns and slams his foot hard into Sehun's stomach again. The healer quickly stands, knowing he can't make it, pulls out something from his pocket and aims it at Baekhyun. Sehun's eyes widen at the pistol in his hand. 

"Baek!" Sehun practically screams as he stumbles to his feet. Time begins to feel slow. It feels that way as Sehun raises his wind, picking himself, he forces himself forward; the loud bang ringing in his ear.  He spins himself in time, extending his arm as he launches himself in front of the smoking gun. Sehun cries when he hits the floor and a sudden pressure tightens in his arm. When looking at the blood coming from his arm, he stares at it in shock. By the look on Leeteuk's face and the sudden appearance of Baekhyun at his side, Sehun knows the healer was too late. The man slowly backs up as Baekhyun takes a threatening step forward. With another glance at Sehun, he quickly turns and runs off, down the hall. He disappears into the darkness, leaving the two boys there.

"Sehun, what the ?!"

Sehun sits up and wants to cry at the burning sensation; The bullet lodged itself in his arm. "Oh my god," Baekhyun trembles as he pulls out his phone, trying to dial a number. his lip, Sehun stares at the blood streaming down his arm and onto the floor. He takes a deep breath before putting his hand over the wound. He closes his eyes tightly and tries his hardest to focus through the pain. Wind seeps through him and from his palm. He tries to control its flow. Baekhyun covers his mouth when Sehun lets out a sudden loud cry. The pain is unbearable and agonizing as air spills into his wound. Sehun sobs, his toes curl as he screams out desperately. "W-what are you doing?! Whatever you're doing, stop it!"

Sehun's chest tightens and everything hurts the harder he cries and breathes. He tries to imagine the wound as a hole and his wind as fingers. It digs in, trying to grip around, searching. The pain makes it impossible to focus but he forces himself to go on. His magic gets itself behind the bullet and all around it; wrapping around it like a tight web. He isn't sure if he's making noise anymore but it doesn't matter. When his wind gets behind the bullet, that's when it hurts them most. It makes Sehun fall to his side and all of him clenches. His whole body trembles, shakes, shivers. He finally lets go of his wound, watching wearily as lead falls out. 

Black starts to surround his vision when he looks up, Chanyeol now beside him and touching his cheek. "Sehun! Sehun, don't pass out!" He can feel his eyes begin to droop; he feels dizzy, hot. He lets out a soft moan and closes his eyes, all of him going limp.

"Sehun!"