Alternate Reality Part 2

Wolves Among Us

 

Siwon agrees to let Sehun work normally for the rest of the week. He'd have to wait for his weekends to start, due to his shorter shifts being processed. On the first day his training officially starts, Sehun decides to have an hour or so just to himself. In the shower to prepare, he lets the warm water run over him. He stares down at his hand, flexing them opened and closed. He takes a deep breath and extends out his right. After a moment of concentration, he sighs. He immediately feels stupid.

 

"I'm so dumb," He mumbles. With a shake of his head, he turns the forest off and hops out. There's no way he's trying that again. Not without any training, anyway.  

 

After dressing and hanging his camera around his neck, Sehun carefully feeds his plants; His babies and the only living thing he comes in contact with the outside of work. He's still pulling his jacket on and in the process of locking the door when he feels a draft of air. He hugs his coat against his body and sighs. He lets out a yelp when someone wraps an arm around his shoulder, causing him to drop his keys.

 

“Hey, Sehun!”

 

Sehun stares at Heechul with wide eyes. “Oh my god,” He puts his hand to his chest to calm himself.“Jeez, Heechul,” He laughs nervously. “Where did you even come from? I didn’t see you.”

 

“I’m just good like that,” Heechul crosses his arms, grinning.

 

“Right,” Sehun laughs nervously before grabbing his keys and turning back to his door to lock it. “Siwon said you’d come to get me at ten,” He says with a sigh.”

 

“Yep,” Heechul shrugs. “I was bored so...let’s go early.”

 

“I have an hour,” Sehun turns around to show him his camera. Heechul raises a brow at it.

 

“You’re...going to spend an hour taking...pictures?”

 

Sehun purses his lips in thought. “Yep,” He shrugs his shoulders and grin. “Come on, I’ll show you my process. Maybe I’ll even let you snap a few yourself!”

 

Heechul scoffs, following Sehun as he heads to the elevator. “Yeah, sure,” He says in amusement. “Whatever you say.”





 

"It's been an hour- let's go."

 

"Hold on." Sehun holds the lens up to his eye, closing the other. When he clicks the button, he draws it back. He ponders if he should get another one, just in case.

 

"Who spends twenty minutes on a good photo? Honestly?”

 

Sehun looks around at the pond, still smiling regardless of his sour company. "I like to get the best lighting, you know?"

 

"No,"Heechul admits with a huff. "Not really.”

 

Sehun stands and gently sets his camera to swing around his neck. "Alright,  We can go now." Almost thankful that was over with, Heechul rolls his eyes before he leads him back to his black car and opens the door for him. Once Heechul is in the front seat, he starts the car. "So is there anything you like to do?" Sehun asks as they make their way away from the park and in the direction of the warehouse.

 

Heechul leans back and rests his arm along the open window. “I don’t really have any hobbies, Kid.”

 

“Come on, none at all?” Sehun asks and Heechul shakes his head. “Maybe you could pick up a new one? Like...taking care of plants?”

 

Heechul wrinkles his nose. “Plants? Gross, no way; Ryeowook can have that.”

 

“What’s his ability?”

 

“Light,” Heechul scoffs. “Useless power if you ask me. And he’s too ing soft.”

 

“Maybe but there’s some stuff light can do, right?” Sehun points out as he looks out the car window. “Like he could blind someone in a fight, for advantage or something.”

 

Heechul goes quiet for a moment. “I guess I didn’t think of that.”

 

“Yeah, and he can...I don’t know, burn someone? Like the sun?”

 

“The sun does it slowly.”

 

“Ryeowook is like the sun-express then!” Sehun says and Heechul laughs.

 

“Oh boy,” He lets out a sigh. “You loooove to talk, don’t you?”

 

As soon as they’re parked, Sehun hops out in excitement. He’s unsure what they all have in store for him but he wants to start. He’s especially happy too when Siwon assigned the fire user as his trainer. Some boys said they’re sorry for him since Heechul is seriously strict. But he’s sure it’ll be fine. Heechul leads him back into the building and down the hall. But instead of taking him to the same office as before, he takes the boy to the back; a huge opening behind the warehouse. Heechul calls it a training grounds of sorts, surrounded by a huge, chain wall. Training dummies are places around in different places, as well as some punching bags and barrels full of weapons. But from the position Sehun is in, he can't see them clearly. “Should...I report to Siwon first or?”

 

“No,” Heechul says as he pulls his jacket off, followed by his shirt. Sehun watches him in curiosity. “He wants you to start your training right away.” He motions. “Go on, get shirtless.”

 

Sehun blushes and hugs himself. “S-shirtless? Why?”

 

“More room to move, obviously,” Heechul snorts and crosses his arms, waiting. “Well?”

 

Sehun groans as he shyly starts to pull his jacket off as well, setting his camera down on it. He pulls his shirt off slowly and shyly looks around.

 

“Don’t be so shy,” Heechul scoffs. “We’ve all seen each other here,” He admits before going over to Sehun and grabbing his bare shoulders. “Now, the first step...is to get angry. Once you really get that fuel going, nothing can stop you.” His new mentor takes a few steps back and raises his hand. Sehun watches in awe as a fire quickly manifests in his palm. It wraps around his arm like a ribbon.; the man so easily able to manipulate.

 

“It’s that...easy?” Sehun looks at his hands.

 

“Of course!” Heechul laughs. He moves the fire into his hand, forming it into a whip. “Okay, it might have taken me a couple of weeks to...really control but when you really get it- it’s simple.” With a smack of the whip, he lets it go, watching as if evaporates into thin air. He shrugs at Sehun, walking over to him. "You’ll get it down in no time." He grabs Sehun's shoulders aga, tightly, and nods. “I want you to a deep breath….and think of something that really pisses you off- makes you angry.”

 

Sehun closes his eyes as instructed and takes a deep breath. Opening them back up, he looks around for a target and sets his eyes on a leaf. He slowly reaches down picks it up, staring at it oddly. He doesn’t really get angry. The last time he got angry was when his mother visited a few months back. She kept talking about how he’s too good for his current life; how he deserves better. How a boy with his special talents needs to do something more with his life. Sehun’s proud of the life he’s created himself and he remembers getting mad. She went on and on about how he needs to meet the perfect woman to make him happy. He says he doesn’t need anything like that and she looked disgusted.

 

“The Lord will punish you, Sehun,” She said. “God punishes sinners and being gay is a sin.”

 

Sehun closes his eyes again and furrows his brows. “I didn’t raise a ,” His father would yell. “You get in that god damn room and you pray the Lord for his forgiveness; don’t you come out until you do or you’re not getting any damn dinner this week.” And he didn’t. Sehun refused to pray and he did go hungry. He stayed in that room, sat on his knees and stared up at the night sky from outside his window. He cried to his mother but she told him to stop making his father angry and accept his new resolution. That’s not him and it’ll never be him. Sehun begins to feel the wind slowly pick up. His father hit him, tried to slap the gay out of him. The wind feels strong in his hands and magic in his veins. He struggles a little when he remembers high school, how he ran track; hoping he could run from his troubles, from his parents.  The thought of all of that makes his blood boil, it makes him mad. He opens his eyes and glares at the leaf in his hands. Air wraps around the small, green plant and slowly begins to crush it. The angrier he gets, the quicker it begins to rip apart. He hates the way his parents made him feel, made him tried to push him to be someone he isn’t; to be perfect. God’s blessed little child.

 

Sehun lets out a heavy sigh and finally begins to relax. He stares down at the leaf in his hand, staring at the ripped pieces.

 

“Well then,” Heechul hums as he kneels beside him. “I thought it’d take you longer than that...got a lot of anger in you, huh?”

 

“I…” Sehun sighs. “I didn’t know.”

 

“We never do, huh,” Heechul says quietly, staring at him. “What’d you get mad about? Ex-boyfriend? Girlfriend? Jackass boss?”

 

Sehun tosses the leaf and watches as the wind picks it up and away. “My parents...”

 

“Funny, that’s what I focused on when I first started...” His trainer says quietly before he stands up. He pulls Sehun up as well before he takes a step back and rolls his shoulders. “Let’s really get started.”

 

Sehun smiles and nods, bringing his hands up. “Alright!”

-----------------

Such anger, young Sehun ~_~