Treaty

Wolves Among Us

Sehun paces around as he waits with Suho and the others. Kai, D.O, and Lay. "This is a bad plan," D.O finally says. Suho gathered a couple of members at the park after arranging a meeting with Siwon; in his attempt of a treaty. They both agreed to take a few members, in case things get messy. Suho decides to take Sehun, for some reason. Sehun figures he'd choose some of the more experienced members, so he can be more protected. But Suho chose Sehun, not giving him a reason.

"Stop it, Sehun." Suho sighs. "You need to stop pacing."

"I agree," Kai adds in. "You need to look more confident. You can't let them see your fear," he stands up and goes to him. He takes Sehun's hands tightly. "I know you're scared but you're going to be fine. I won't let Siwon touch you, alright?" Sehun looks into his eyes for a moment before slowly nodding. 

"Alright..." He nods again. "Alright."

"Good," Suho stands. "Because here they come."

Sehun looks over at the small group of boys approaching, Siwon leading them. Heechul is with them, as well as three other boys he's never seen before. Suho folds his hands and waits patiently for his brother to come closer. D.O stands close to Suho's side, the same way Heechul does to Siwon. Lay stands on his other side with Kai and Sehun.

"Out of all of your members," Siwon sighs. "And you chose your weakest one?" He looks at Sehun, a strange look in his eyes. It's different from the other times they've seen each other. He's unsure what it is. 

"I think we both know that's not true," Suho smiles. "You remember what happened last time, dear brother."

"How could I forget?" Siwon agrees, his smile faltering ever so slightly. "Still, to bring him instead of someone more experienced. You must be confident in his abilities..." He looks to Suho. "Or perhaps he's grown stronger."

"More than you realize."

"And why bring the washed-up healer?" Heechul scoffs. "Need someone to heal your tiny little scrapes?"

Lay smiles. "I came because of personal reasons, Heechul," He looks the fire-user in the eyes, his gaze challenging. "I haven't seen you since you ended Yifan's life," he says, a hint of anger in his voice. Sehun furrows his brows at Lay, suddenly piecing two together. He glances at Heechul as well. 

"He died like the coward he was!" Heechul spits. "He spoke of you till I burned the last spark of life in his miserable existence, like a weakling!"

Lay's smile never once disappears, even after that. "And you cried like a dying dog when I plunged my knife deep into your wrist," Lay retorts back. Heechul frowns, his expression suddenly angry. "What? Still having problems with your left hand? Is it true that you can't cast magic with it?"

Heechul steps forward, raising it up. "I can give you a demonstration if you want."

Lay does the same. "Please," He whispers. "I would love an excuse to tear out your goddamn throat."

Sehun holds onto Kai's hand tightly, his eyes wide. He's never seen Lay like this before. His language and body language changes completely. "Why so shaken, Heechul?" Lay askes. "Can your healer not mend old wounds?"
"Why you-" Siwon puts his hand up to stop Heechul.

"Come on, now," Siwon cuts in. "We came here to talk, not fight."

"He's right," Suho coughs, seeming pained that he's agreeing with his brother. "Lay, your feud needs to wait. I'm sorry."

Lay takes a deep breath before returning to his spot beside the leader. "I'm sorry, Suho. I stepped out of line."

Heechul says nothing as he returns as well. Sehun notices the lack of any sort of bond, from what he can see. "So let's talk," Siwon says. "How do you imagine this treaty?"

"It's simple," Suho begins. "Our boys stop fighting, stop killing each other," Heechul smirks at that. "As you're aware, we've already taken four of your boys."

"Yes," Siwon sighs. "A bit...of an uneven number, don't you think?"

Suho frowns. "What are you talking about?"

Siwon hums a bit before stepping forward, looking at each of the Suho's boys. "You killed four of my boys and I only killed three of yours. I say...we make it even. And then we can talk." Suho glances at his group, clenching his jaw. "It wouldn't be a huge loss to your group. He's mostly useless."

"You expect me to say yes to you killing one of my boys?" Suho asks and scoffs. "How dare you?"

"You're not curious as to which one I want?"

"No!" Suho puts his hands on his hips. "I wouldn't give away any of them, even if they had no magic at all."

Siwon crosses his arms. "That's a pity. I wanted Sehun."

Sehun's breath catches in his throat and his stomach tights. He shakes as he grips onto Kai's arm. 

"No, we should kill Lay!" Heechul argues. "He's their healer and I'm eager to kill-"

"I said," Siwon interrupts him, his voice sharp like a knife. "I want...Sehun."

"Neither Sehun or Lay is useless- both are very important to my group."

"Then who do you suggest? Your teleporter?" Siwon smirks towards Kai, who seems unphased. 

"I suggest no one," Suho's voice is low and dangerous. "I suggest we talk out a treaty, without any more deaths."

Siwon chuckles. "And why would that happen, hmm?"

Suho stares up at his brother, who practically towers over him; yet the leader remains unmoved. "Because we're family. The only...blood family we all have left," He says and Sehun can tell he means it. His voice cracks a little at the last part. Siwon's expression doesn't change as they stare at each other in silence.

"You're not family, Junmyeon."

"W-what?" Suho looks surprised. "What are you talking about?! We're brothers!"

"I already have a family," Siwon explains. "And you killed four of them."

"I..." Suho suddenly looks defeated. Like he's a young, broken man all of a sudden. His brother glowering down at him, emotionless. "Siwon..." He swallows hard and slowly nods. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out what looks to be a necklace with a symbol similar to his own. Suho extends his hand and Siwon accepts it.

"What's this?" 

"If you'll notice, it's similar to that of the necklaces you took of my own family."

Siwon raises the necklace up and observes it. Seeing it clearly, the symbol is identical to Suho's. "But why give it to me?"

"I made it in the hopes that you would accept the treaty; a foolish attempt to reach you," he explains. "I want you to wear it."

Siwon looks at Suho as if he were crazy or stupid; a mixture of both. "Pardon?"

"I'm asking you to wear it, that's my only request."

Siwon clenches the necklace into his fist and purses his lips. "If I do this, we'll continue to kill each other?"

Suho nods. "Yes," He confirms. "I want you to wear it when we finally face each other."

With a suspicious look, Siwon squints down at him. "Why...?"

"Because when we fight..." Suho takes a deep breath. "I want to tear it off your body when I finally kill you. The same way you took them from the ones I hold dear." Sehun feels only saddens as he watches. It's obvious that it hurts Suho to do this. He sighs and leans his head on Kai's shoulder. He wished he could do something, anything. "Come," Suho says as he turns away. Suho's jaw is clenched as his eyes gloss over, tears threatening to fall. "We're finished here." Suho walks pass all of s, trying to keep his head up high. Lay gives Heechul another look before following the leader. Siwon keeps his eyes hooked on Sehun the whole time they turn to leave. 

"You took me by surprise last time, Sehun," Siwon calls out. Sehun turns to look at him. "I won't make that same mistake twice. Remember that." Kai grabs Sehun's arm and pulls him away. He forces him to look away and to walk with the other boys. He gets why Siwon would want to kill him, but he didn't think he'd be this set on it. But that's not what bothers Sehun the most. What bothers him the most is the way Siwon acted. Towards Suho, towards everyone. Like he thought he was the alpha and he was ready to prove it. How he practically plunged a knife into Suho's heart by saying he wasn't family. If that hurt Sehun, he wonders how much it must hurt their leader.

"Suho, we should-" D.O begins to speak but Suho puts a hand up.

"I don't want to hear anyone speak right now," Suho interrupts, his voice hoarse and weak.  "Please, everyone remain silent."

And for the rest of the day, it feels like everyone did. The house's atmosphere was grim and depressing. Suho locked himself in his room. When Sehun did see him, his eyes were red and poofy and he had jsut stepped out for a second before retreating again. The whole house, excluding some whispers, was silent. And Sehun didn't like it one bit. He misses the idle chatter from the boys, the busy air. This air is just flat and undisturbed. It made him anxious, it scared him. 

Sehun stands in front of Suho's door, hesitating before he knocks. He holds the warm cup of tea in his hand, waiting for a response.

"Who is it?" Suho asks from inside.

"I-it's me," Sehun calls out. "I...um, may I come in?"

Suho remains silent for a moment before there's a sound of a lock disengaging. When he tries the handle, the door swings open. Sehun steps into the dimly litted room, which was odd for their leader. His room was always brightly lit unless he was out or asleep. "Please lock it behind you," Suho returns to his spot on the couch. Sehun nods and closes the door, locking it as he asks. He slowly makes his way over and gently sets the tea down.

"I...made your tea," Sehun announce. "I'm not good at making it, but I...think you should have warm instead of cold." Suho stares at the cup for a moment before wiping his eyes and weakly smiling. 

"That's kind of you, Sehun." When he takes a sip of it, he cringes and wrinkles his nose. But Sehun can tell he fights on to drink it. "It's...it's good, Thank you."

"You don't have to drink it," Sehun sighs. "I know it's bad."

"I didn't say that."

"Your face did," Sehun smiles too. "And I can tell by the way your heartbeats that you're lying."

Suho sighs as he sets the cup down. "Damn your weird ability."

"Not just that. I'm a photographer- It's my hobby to observe everything."

"Yes," Suho agrees as he takes out two sugar cubes and sets them to dissolve in the tea. "I remember."

Sehun watches the leader mix the liquid with a strange spoon. When he takes another drink, his expression relaxes. That's when he realized he had forgotten the sugar. "Suho..."

"Hmm?"

"What..happened? With Siwon?"

"You were there," Suho responds as he sets his cup down. "You saw what happened."

"Yeah but...I thought you wanted a treaty."

"I did."

Sehun watches him carefully. "You just got so violent near the end, so angry."

Suho smiles. "Can you blame me? I was heartbroken.," He explains. "And I wanted to act tough. In front of both Siwon and all of you."

"Why Siwon? Why care how you seem to him?"

"Because I'm a leader, Sehun. If I don't appear strong or capable, that'll show a major weakness in our group; I can't give him that pleasure," He pauses. "Imagine a house," He continues. "I'm the foundation, what keeps us all standing. Without walls and a roof, all of you, I would be useless. But without a foundation, the walls and roof would collapse." Sehun nods, understanding what he means. The two of the men both go into silence as Suho drinks. He continues to watch him for a moment as he thinks. If Siwon and Suho were to fight each other, how would that end? What would it be like?"

"Suho?"

"Yes?" Suho looks up from his beverage.

"I'm excited to see you in a real fight."

Suho smiles tightly, picking the book he was reading back up. "I'm not ."

--------------------------------------------

What a douche. :'(