Rightful Owners

Wolves Among Us

Sehun practices the different shapes of his wind as he sits beside the plastic tub. He watches as sand gently blows into it. Kai sits nearby with a book, as well as some of the members doing varies of things. Suho has been idle for a few days after the meeting with Siwon; no one seeing much of him since then. No missions, no preparation. Nothing. Regardless, everyone still takes this time to practice. They want to be ready.

"How are you doing?" D.O asks as he wonders over, kneeling beside the tub as well. Sehun tiredly peeks in. Sand now covers the bottom of the tub, none of the blue material peeking out anymore. "Excellent, Sehun. You've made tremendous progress."

"Yeah," Sehun sighs. "But will it be enough?"

"Perhaps not quite yet but in time," D.O responds. "You keep this up and you'll turn Kyuhyun's rocks into sandstorms; Heechul's fire into simple candle fumes."

Sehun smiles at D.O before wiping the sand off from his hands. When his teacher walks off, Sehun purses his lips a bit. He wonders just how much damage he could really do with his wind. He clears his throat as he gets to a kneeling position and closing his eyes. He concentrates as he thinks of knives. Shaping his Wind like clay, letting it flow naturally. He takes a deep breath and grabs it. Opening his, he can feel it in his hands. Like wielding a knife or dagger. He raises it up a little, trying to see it. It's very subtle, like a clear marble in water. Taking a deep breath, Sehun lifts his other hand and touches the tip. A small pinch of pain and a drop of blood causes him to gasp and drop his wind. It disappears completely as soon as it hits the floor. 

"Ow!" Sehun frowns, looking at the small cut on his finger. Kai comes over at the first sign of his distress, seeming concerned. He becomes worried at the sight of sudden blood.

"What happened?"

"I..." Sehun puts his finger in his mouth and grumbles. "I cut myself."

"On...what?" Kai looks around in confusion. "On a staff?"

Sehun looks at the floor shyly. "No, with my wind."

Kai shakes his head, sitting beside him. "You accidentally cut yourself with your own wind?"

"I manifested a knife..."

Kai stares at Sehun for a moment before laughing weakly. "You manifested a knife with your wind and then, what, decided to touch it to see if it was sharp?" By the look on Sehun's face and his silence, Kai laughs even harder. He glares at the wolf before crossing his arm and pouting. 

"Everyone, gather," Suho says, suddenly appearing in the doorway. Some of the members glance at each other in concern before obediently doing what the leader says. They all drop whatever they're doing and go to him. Suho leads them all to the living room. "I've been thinking a lot this last few days," He begins to explain. He pulls out three necklaces, causing everyone to go silent. "I was hoping to reach my brother, to stop fighting," Sehun watches as Suho reaches for Lay. The leader grabs the healer and gently hands him Kris' necklace. Lay brings it to his chest and swallows hard. He looks as if it's something he's been missing and has finally found it. Like a small piece of him has been returned. Kai comes when motioned for next, extending his own hand when prompted. Suho passes him Luhan's necklace, smiling at him sadly. Kai looks at it, his expression unreadable. He clenches it into his fist, so tightly his knuckles turn white; as if someone were to take it from him. 

Sehun doesn't expect Baekhyun to appear when Suho waves. Setting Tao's necklace into his hand. "I know you two used to argue a lot, but..."

"The..." Baekhyun smiles weakly. "The idiot was a good friend and teacher..." Baekhyun's normally unchanging voice falters. Chanyeol wraps his arms around his boyfriend, pulling him close as to comfort him. Xiumin sniffs and rests his head on Lay's shoulder. He holds onto the healer's arm. More comforting. Sehun looks at Kai, who stares down at the symbol in his hand. He looks angry, not sad. Sehun takes this chance to go to his side and gently slip his hand into Kai's free one. He intertwines their fingers together, neither looking at each other. No one looks at each other and everyone stays silent. When Sehun suddenly hears sobbing, he turns to see Baekhyun's shoulders shaking as he buries his face in Chanyeol's chest.

"I'm sorry...that I couldn't save..." Suho finally speaks up, his voice cracking. Forcing himself to stay strong, he goes on. "I couldn't save them. But I promise all of you. No one else dies." Suho looks around at all of his boys. "That man, Siwon...is no longer my brother," he continues. "My brother died and that heartless man is our enemy; our worst enemy. He killed our family," Suho speaks, his voice loud and confident. "His boys and he killed our brothers, our friends...our lovers." Suho glances at Lay, who has his eyes closed and the necklace to his lips. Tears stain his pale cheeks. "It stops now. We never lose another member again and the other way to do that is to fight back. Siwon and his men...." Suho pauses, taking in a deep breath and letting it out. "Are going to die."

"But all of you need to remember," Suho lifts his hand, water manifesting. Sehun gasps softly when it begins to boil. "Do not use anger to fuel you." As fast it started, the boiling dies down and his water once again is calm. "We're linked through our bonds and love. Not anger, rage, hate." Sehun decides right there and then, that he doesn't want to see their leader angry.

"Perhaps a little hate" Lay murmurs. 

"Of course," Suho agrees. "Of course we hate them! Of course, we're angry!" He takes yet another pause. "Of course we have rage! But what makes us different from those heartless killers, is that we're strong and fueled by positivity. We're not killing just to kill, to take revenge." Lay swallows hard and looks down but Suho doesn't seem to notice. "We're killing for survival and so we never have to live with the pain of loss again."

Chen takes a step forward and looks around. "I'm not going to lose another friend!" He says sternly. "Never again!"

"M-me neither," Xiumin shyly agrees. "I don't...I don't want to lose anyone else."

"And we won't," D.O finally speaks.

"No one else," It's Chanyeol this time.

Suho smiles around at everyone. He pauses at everyone's faces. "We're not heartless killers...but from today forth, we're not going to hesitate."

"No hesitation!" Chen shouts in excitement, it makes Sehun want to laugh a little. Chen is always so energetic, which is fitting he supposes. Everyone except for Sehun, D.O, Kai, Lay, and Suho begin to shouts as well, all chanting. They all suddenly become extremely hyper and active, grabbing onto each other; shaking each other like teenage boys at a sleepover. 

"I want Heechul!" Everyone goes quiet when Lay suddenly raises his voice. Suho's smile slowly disappears as he watches the usually kindly man. His eyes are red and puffy, his fists clench. "I want Heechul," He repeats.  

"Lay..." Suho sighs. "We don't take rev-"

"I WANT to be the one to kill Heechul," He interrupts and begins to shake a little. "He took Kris' life and I want to take his!" He abruptly leaves the group and stomps away, out the door. Sehun can hear him make his way to the tunnel, probably disappearing into its darkness.

"Oh, Yixing..." Xiumin sniffs, rubbing his eyes. Sehun thinks he looks younger than he actually is, especially when he does that.

"We all lost someone," Chen comments and Xiumin frowns.

"Yes but not all of us lost their boyfriend, Jongdae!" Chen flinches at his real name being snapped at him.  "S-some of us are lucky enough to keep our lovers! Kris and Lay have been together since they were pretty much born; maybe only lovers later in life but they've always been together and a piece of Lay got ripped from his life when Heechul killed him! If you all haven't noticed, Lay is practically an empty husk!" Xiumin shouts."But no one notices because he's so quiet and kind! He doesn't ask for one thing except to be the one to kill Heechul; doesn't ask us for a single thing even though he heals us without hesitation." Xiumin looks at Suho now. "This is the one thing we can do for him, isn't it?!" When all of the boys remain silent, he lets out a sigh of frustration. "He ALWAYS does things for us! He plays doctor and patches us up and he doesn't even need his powers to do it either!" Xiumin slams his fists against the wall angrily and turns off, running up the stairs. A piece of smoking ice sticks a few feet inside of the wood. 

"Chanyeol..." Suho motions. The giant man hesitantly goes over and puts his hands on the ice. He watches as it melts. "Xiumin is right," He admits. "We all lost someone but Lay lost the love of his life; lost his will to heal...If..." He looks down at the puddle on the wooden floors. "If I lost Baekhyun, I'd lose mine too..."

"Heechul is his" It's Kai's turn to finally talk. "Heechul killed Luhan too," Sehun's hand becomes sweaty from how tightly Kai is holding him but he doesn't let go. "But I want Lay to kill him."

Suho raises his brows. "You don't want revenge, Kai? He was your best friend."

"Yeah," Kai nods. "He was. But what Kris was to Lay...It was more."

"Kyuhyun is mine," Baekhyun pipes up. "He killed Tao!"

"But-" Suho tries to speak but is interrupts.

"Don't consider it revenge," Chanyeol cuts in quickly. "Consider it...like what Siwon said. We're just making it even."

"Even? We already killed..." Suho groans in disbelief as he sits down on the couch. He rubs his face and that's when Sehun notices how tired he looks. "Very well...Heechul is Lay's and Kyuhyun's is Baekhyun's." He gives a pointed look. "Anyone else wants to make reservations?"

"I..." Sehun bites his lip, causing everyone to look at him. "I think..um..." He tries to ignore all of the sudden attention. "Suho, I think you...should..." Sehun knows what he wants to say but he can't seem to actually speak. He needs the idea out there for Suho but it just feels wrong. How can anyone tell someone that they need to kill their own family? 

As if reading his mind, Kai finishes for him. "We think you should be the one to end Siwon."

"Oh..." Suho folds his hands. "I...see."

"Think about it," D.O advises. "Siwon hurt you the most. None of us have the right to his life but you."

"I don't have any right to anyone's life," Suho laughs dryly. "No matter what."

"Suho, It has to be you," D.O encourages. He kneels in front of the leader. "He's your brother. No matter what he says or what you say, he is your blood and family."

"Fight water with water," Chen crosses his arms. "I think that's the saying, right?"

"It's fight fire with fire," D.O rolls his eyes. "While all of us have our reasons to want Siwon dead; no one has a reason more so than you."

Suho looks into D.O's eyes for a long time. A silent conversation. "You're right. As always."

D.O stands back up and chuckles. "I'm not always right."

"Sehun," Suho looks at him. "Come here, please." Sehun looks up at Kai, who looks back at him. He nods and let's go. He slowly sits down beside Suho nervously. "It's time you had one of your own," Sehun watches in confusion when Suho pulls out a necklace from his pocket. The symbol on the chain is a strange, circular one; with thorn-looking shapes inverting inward towards the middle. "You're part of the family now." Sehun lowers his head, unsure what to feel when the necklace is hung around his neck. He looks down at it, observing it more carefully now that it's in his possession. 

"We never take ours off," D.O says as he fishes into his shirt to pull out his own. The other boys do so as well, revealing theirs. 

"We never part with them," Chen adds. "Not even when we die."

"Unless it's taken from us..." Baekhyun whispers as he fiddles with his star-like pendent. 

"Which is a slap in our ing faces," Chen grumbles. 

"I...thank you," Sehun puts his hand over it gently. He then hides it in his shirt, for safe keeping. "All of you."

Suho smiles as he wraps his arms around Sehun and pulls him to a tight hug. "Welcome to the family, Sehun."