Somewhere Comfortable

Wolves Among Us

"What were you thinking?!" Sehun groans as he slowly sits up. Baekhyun's loud voice echoes throughout the hospital room. "Why did you do that?!"

Sehun looks up at the angry redhead and feels a bit confused. "I...what?"

Baekhyun frowns. "You got shot!" He sits at the edge of Sehun's bed. "W-what happened?"

Sehun leans his head back against the wall. "Leeteuk tried...to shoot you."

"So, you decide to get shot instead?!"
 
Smiling, Sehun nods. "My uh...my body moved on its own. Look, it didn't even hurt."

Sehun,  you were SCREAMING!" He groans and begins to pace around. "Oh my ing god, Kai is going to MURDER me. I'm dead; I'm SO dead."

"Relax," Sehun laughs. "Kai won't kill you-"

"Where is he?!" The sound of Kai's angry voice can be heard from the hall. Hell, Sehun wouldn't be surprised if the whole city could hear him. When the door slams open, Kai storms in regardless of a nurse trying to stop him.

"Kai, listen," Baekhyun takes a step back.

"What happened?!" Kai quickly goes to Sehun's side, grabbing his hand quickly. When Sehun cries a little from pain, the wolf's eyes soften tremendously. "How did this happen?"

"Baekhyun was gonna get shot..." Sehun mumbles and fiddles with his fingers. "I-I wanted to protect him."

"Sehun..." Baekhyun sighs. 

"Kai, please," Sehun touches Kai's arm. "It's not Baekhyun's fault; neither of us knew he had a gun."

"You didn't know?" the redhead asks and Sehun shakes his head. "He didn't try to use it on you? Beforehand?"

"No..." Sehun sighs. "He was trying to capture me, remember?"

"What?!" Kai stands up quickly and looks to Baekhyun.

"I wouldn't have let him get captured, Kai!" Baekhyun snaps. "Have a little more faith in me than that!"

When Kai opens his mouth to argue further, he grunts when Sehun smacks him in the stomach. "Kai, stop it. I got myself shot, Baekhyun didn't do anything," Sehun says, "My job was to keep Leeteuk distracted while Baekhyun took care of Kyuhyun and that's what I did. Kyuhyun is dead, mission accomplished." 

Slowly rubs his forehead, Kai finally nods. "I..yeah, alright. You're right," He agrees. "I'm sorry, Baekhyun, I just got upset..."

Baekhyun crosses his arms. "It's fine, Kai. I'd get pretty mad if Chanyeol were shot too."

"Alright," The nurses says as she comes back in, clipboard in hand. "I need Sehun to stay a few more hours to make sure he's alright, so I need all of you out."

Kai grumbles a little but leans down to kiss Sehun. "I'll come back to pick you up, alright?" Sehun smiles and nods, watching as Kai exits. Baekhyun stops by the door to say something but just sighs.

"Sorry..." He whispers, following Kai out. The nurse smiles at Sehun now.

"I'll be back in a bit, okay? Try and get some sleep in," She says before exiting, closing the door behind him. Sehun hasn't been in many hospitals before. Once or twice when he got sick as a child but he likes to stay healthy generally. He wonders how many times the other boys have been in here. How many times has Kai? Sehun lets out a sigh as he lays back down, turning his back to face the door and closing his eyes. He should probably get some sleep.

Sehun groans when he hears the door opening behind him, stirring him from his slumber. Assuming it's the nurse, he relaxes. Or at least he does when he suddenly feels a tight grip on where he had gotten shot. He cries in pain until a hand is wrapped around his mouth to keep him quiet. Someone leans close to his ear and whispers. "Scream, and I burn you." Sehun widens his eyes at the sound of Heechul's voice. Fear settles in quickly. He shakes and remains silent, even when Heechul moves his hand away. "Get up." When he keeps laying there, there's another hit to his arm. He winces at the pain.

"O-okay, okay!" Sehun says shakily as he pushes the covers off and stands. Heechul stares down at him with fiery eyes and a smirk. Sehun would think this man was extremely handsome if he weren't completely insane and trying to kill him.

"Being stuck in the hospital doesn't suit you," Heechul's voice is low and dangerous. "I'm discharging you."

"B-but-"

"Another word and you're dead," Heechul sneers, slamming some clothes into his chest. He gasps at the impact. He sighs at the change of clothes.

"C-can you at least turn away?" Sehun mumbles.

"So you can try something? You must think I'm incredibly stupid, kid."

"No, I don't! I just-"

"Change!" Heechul hisses, causing Sehun to flinch. The boy begins to shake as he quickly takes off his hospital gown and replacing them with the change of clothing Heechul provided. He wants to cry when Heechul harshly pulls him out the door. He stops and puts his hand on Sehun's back, his palm staying at a hot temperature. "You scream or show any sign that anything is wrong, I'll burn your back and kill every single person in this ing building." Sehun frowns. He couldn't be that powerful, could he? Then again, he burned Sehun's old apartment building down. He shivers at the heat coming from Heechul's palm as he forces Sehun to walk towards the elevator and get in. The silence is unbearable as they stand there, waiting. His mind begins to wonder then. What would have happened if Siwon found Sehun before Suho? What if Siwon had recruited him instead? Maybe he would have become friends with them and enemies with Suho's group.

Perhaps Heechul could have been his potential teacher like D.O is. He wonders what this man is really like. With all of his friends? Does he have any? Or does he isolate himself? Sehun wonders if Siwon cares about his men as Suho does, or if he only cares about magic. He remembers hearing the leader call Heechul his friend, but it makes Sehun think. Suho told him that Siwon only cares about power. But what made him that way? It can't just be the death of his parents, can it? People aren't born evil.

"S-so uh..." Sehun his lips. "How uh...how long have..you know Siwon?"

Heechul glares down at him. "What?"

Sehun laughs nervously. "How long-"

"I heard you," Heechul interrupts. "But what the hell are you doing? Making small talk?"

"Yes...?"

"I'm kidnapping you...and you're making SMALL TALK." Heechul shakes his head. "You're going to die either way" The man remains silent for a few moments. "Since we were teenagers. He recruited me after I tried to kill him."

Sehun stares up at Heechul, wondering if he was joking. By the serious look on his face, he knew he wasn't. "Y-you tried to kill him?!"

"I was previously in a gang."

"B-but why would-"

"God, you talk a lot!" Heechul complains. "How the hell does Suho deal with you?" Sehun frowns and looks down, taking that as a warning to stay silent. "It's simple. I tried to kill Siwon. When I used my fire, he got impressed and offered me a position. I told him if he could kill everyone in my gang all by himself, I'd join." Sehun swallows hard. Siwon couldn't have killed an entire gang himself, could he? "He killed them all." As soon as the door of the elevator opens, Heechul gently nudges him forward; seeming to be less aggressive when in front of other people. He leads Sehun to the front desk and smiles. "Hello, darling. My brother would like to check out." Brother?

The woman smiles shyly. "Oh, you're his brother?"

"Yep," Heechul wraps an arm around Sehun's shoulder. "We live in a poor neighborhood, and this little guy protected me from a mugger. Can you believe how sweet that is?"

"Oh, you're so brave!" The woman sighs before she goes to her computer. "What's your name?"

"Oh, Sehun," Heechul responds for him. "He's deathly shy."

"It says here that he's scheduled for another blood test, are you sure he-"

"What's a sweet girl like you doing here?" Heechul asks with a sigh. "IT makes me sad to see such a beautiful woman having to work." Sehun watches as the man leaves over and gently touches the receptionist's hand, making her blush. "You belong on a permanent holiday; where the skies are blue, the ocean so clear, and men lining up BEGGING to serve you all your favorite drinks."

"You...you're so right," The woman giggles. "Oh, but..."

"Please, sweetheart. My brother is scared of hospital a-and I just want to get him home," Heechul motions towards Sehun. "Look at the fear in his poor eyes."

The woman looks at Sehun for a moment before frowning. "He does look scared..."

"I just want to get him home and cook him his favorite meal; like the caring older brother I am."

The receptionist looks a bit teary eyed. "You're so sweet..." She sighs and goes back to her computer. "I'll do this for you but only because you care so much for your poor brother."

"God," Heechul smiles. "You're so lovely and kind." The woman laughs softly as she looks bashfully down at her feet. "How about I come back for your number? Take you out for a drink or two- anywhere you want."

"I-I get off at five!"

Heechul slowly grins. "I'll be here, for sure." With a wink, he puts his hand back against Sehun's back and leads him out into the parking lot. This has to be the most charming man Sehun has ever met. Once out of view, Heechul goes back to frowning. 

"...Are you really-"

"I'm gay," Heechul interrupts. "And I have standards." Sehun wants to laugh, but he's too scared. And he's pretty sure it wasn't a joke. He stares when Heechul opens the trunk of his black car. "Get in."

"Really?" Sehun sighs. "You can just put me in the back seat, and I won't-"

"I said get IN!"

Sehun flinches again and quickly crawls in. He pulls his knees up to his chest, staring up at Heechul with fear. He watches as the man tightly ties his hands with rope. He's then blinded when a cloth is tied around his eyes. "Why can't I ride in the fron-"

"Shut up," Heechul interrupts. He steps back and slams the trunk closed, leaving Sehun in its darkness. He can hear the sound of Heechul's footsteps as it heads to the front of the car and gets in. Sehun closes his eyes tightly when the engine starts. It's an extremely uncomfortable position, his legs soon cramping up. He's a bit confused by the sudden music that blasts from Heechul's car as it drives. But then Sehun realizes it's probably just in case he screams for help. 

Sehun feels like he's been in the trunk for hours. Knocking around everytime the car makes a turn. It's probably only been a few minutes, but it feels like it's been an eternity when the trunk is finally opened. He gasps in pain when Heechul grabs him by his arm, the hurt one, and forces him out. He lets Sehun fall onto some gravel, causing him to cry a little. "Ow!"

"OH, shut up," Heechul scoffs, forcing him up. "You can take a beating; I know you can." Heechul puts a hand on his back again, that heat once again appearing. He's forced forward blindly, only led by Heechul's grip tight on his neck and back. Sehun can tell that they walk through a corridor with several other boys walking with them; five in total.  

"One breeze of wind from the boy and he dies," Another boy says. Sehun isn't sure who this one is. It's not Heechul or Leeteuk. Sehun is suddenly stopped and forced to his knees before the cloth around his eyes is forced off. He stares up at Siwon, who stands in front of him. He slowly smiles, and it's not fear that he feels. It's terror.

"Sehun," He takes a deep breath. "It's so nice to see you again."
----------------------------------------------

Surprise, you little