Siwon

Wolves Among Us

While manifesting his magic was getting easy now, sparring with Kai did not. He still at trying to block, hit, all of it. So when he asks Suho for at least one day off, the leader couldn't help but feel bad for the poor kid; especially after his home got destroyed. While Kai says it's a bad idea and he should use every free moment to train, Suho lets him out, regardless. He took this day to relax with his camera. 

In front of a pond at the park, he aims his camera at a family of ducks and clicks. He decides he's sure it'll come out fine, not bothering to take a second one. With a smile, he sits down on a nearby bench, sighing as a soft breeze blows.

"So is that a hobby? Or are you a professional?"

Sehun looks up at a man standing nearby, eyeing his camera. His hair is short and brown, with similar features to Suho but more mature and a bit older. He doubts they had any relation, though. He sits down beside Sehun, waiting for his response.
"No," Sehun responds with a smile. "It's just a hobby."
"I see," the man smiles as well and Sehun feels himself relax. "You looked very professional- like you knew what you were doing." In a way, he reminds him of Suho. It makes him very comfortable. 
"I've been doing it since high school," He laughs and touches his camera. "Maybe I'll go professional one day." Sehun looks at the man's black suit, noticing how he doesn't quite fit in. "Your suit...are you a businessman?"

The man looks down at himself and chuckles. He rests his ankle on his thigh and nods. "Of sorts," He responds. "Like you, I'm a professional. I'm good at both my job and my hobby."

"I'm not professional," Sehun repeats. "I don't even look like it either," He laughs and so does this stranger. "Not with this old scarf."
The suit hums and looks at the pond. "What a strange boy you are. coming here alone at night."

"Oh, I'm not worried. I do it all the time," Sehun looks around, furrowing his brow. "Um...Are you here alone?" Sehun asks, looking around.
"No," The man looks around with a smile. I'm waiting for someone." The man stands slowly, his smile never faulting. "My name is Siwon. Yours is Sehun, isn't it?" Sehun's smile, however, does disappear. Before he has time to react to the name, he fixes his tie and hums again. "Oh, he's here. Excellent"
Sehun slowly turns his head and he quickly stands up as well. Heechul.
The man turns to look at Sehun, loosening the tie of his suit. "I see that you met him before, Sehun."
"H-how do you..." Sehun slowly backs up, raising his hands as they walk towards him. "I...please, d-don't hurt me."

"You didn't recognize me?" Siwon sighs. "My brother, once again, fails to properly prepare his men. And now..."
"He'll lose another boy," Heechul finishes with a smirk. "Not that I get tired of killing them."
Brother? Sehun furrows his brow, looking around for something to protect him with. What's a staff going to do against them?  Especially with how poor he is at it.

Sehun let's out a sudden gasp of pain when Heechul raises his hand and brings it down; a firey whip snapping hard again his forearm. It wraps around him and pulls his forearm, forcing him to the ground. "A-ah!"

"Very foolish of you, boy," Siwon stares down at him. "To come here alone...at night."

He trembles at the horrible pain now running along his left arm, the feeling unbearable. He quickly stands and runs off through the park, panicking as they easily follow. He throws his hands out, using his wind magic to throw cause boxes to fall. He hopes it'd stop them even for a second but they dodge it as they pursue him, even though the city streets. Of course, Sehun had to choose to go out at night. Alone. Siwon is right. Foolish.

Agonizing pains rattle through his arm as he forces his legs to move;  glad he used to be in track, he doesn't tire easily. He cries out as he can feel more heat behind him. Heechul's fire cackles as he runs. He quickly turns a corner into an alley, trying to lose them. He stumbles on some trashcans, his wind helping him to keep balance. Sehun grabs a can lid and quickly turns. He yelps as a burst of fire hit the trashcan-sending him flying and hitting the stone wall hard. He screams in pain as his burn scraps against the floor. He looks at the wet, pink looking wound. 

Sehun pants heavily as he rolls onto his side before sitting up against a wall. He glances around. A dead end. He stares wide-eyed at Siwon and Heechul as they stand a few feet from him.
"I told you he'd be an easy kill," Heechul sighs as he crosses his arms. "
Siwon sets his hands on his hips and scoffs. "I know but I didn't think he'd be this easy."
"Do you think he's a wolf too?"
Siwon stares at Sehun for a long moment. "No. He'd have changed by now."
"W...wolf?" Sehun grabs onto his arm, careful not to touch the burn.
"He doesn't know?" Heechul glances at Siwon.
Siwon slowly walks towards him, frowning slowly. He holds his hands up, a large stream of water forming. Just like Suho.
"I'm sorry that my brother left you to die, unprepared," Siwon says, kneeling in front of him. "At least the other boys who died were well training. This is a mercy killing, I assure you."
Sehun stares at him with wide eyes as Siwon places his hands tightly around his throat. He panics as water floods around his face in a ball. When he tries to kick at Siwon, quickly realizing his hands and legs are being held down by more water. No, not water. Ice. The cold burns his skin and digs into it.

He begins to feel himself running out of air.; He chokes and gags, trying to make a sound. But nothing came out.
Siwon watches him calmly as he feels his hands placed firmly around his throat. He's so calm and collected as if watching a child get put to sleep. Sehun can feel his lungs begin to burn as he tries to fight. He tries everything. He tries to flailing his arms and legs. He tries using his wind; all it did was send a gentle gust of air against his dry skin. The icy water shocks Sehun's system. His heart races and his chest tightens as the cold fist of understanding squeezes the breath out of him. He's alone. Totally and completely alone. He isolated himself from everyone he knew that day.
His chest is on fire and the only thing on his mind is that he needs to breathe; he needs help. But no one is coming.

Just as Sehun can feel himself lose consciousness, he notices a dark figure silently approach Heechul from behind. A large, black wolf with glowing golden eyes.
A wolf? In the city?
Sehun wants to sleep all of a sudden. Tired. Already, darkness clouds his vision, his thoughts. The dim light illuminating the alley getting further and further away. 

Sehun coughs as water spits out, gasping at sudden air filling his lungs. He breathes heavily as he rubs his face, still wet from Siwon's magic. He rolls onto his side and shivers. He has a hard time breathing but he takes as many gasps as he can, as fast as he can. His chest still burns as he gags heavily, his eyes watering. He sits up and looks around him. Siwon and Heechul nowhere to be seen. He lets out a loud cry when someone grabs onto his arm. He starts to kick and punch, stopping only when he notices Kai sitting nearby, grabbing onto his own arm. His sleeve is burnt off.

"Relax," Kai pants. "You're fine."
Sehun doesn't feel fine. He's cold, tired. Scared. He trembles and shivers as he tries to stand but someone else stops him. Siwon grabs him by his shoulder and grips them tightly.
"S-Siwon!" Sehun screams, staring up at him in fear. It took him a moment to realize it's not Siwon. It's Suho. He lets out a shaky breath as he grabs onto the leader's hands. That's when the tears begin to fall. Wet ropes spilling from his eyes as he shakes violently from fear. 
"Is...Is he? Is...he-"
"He's gone," Suho nods. "So is Heechul. You're safe now." When Sehun slowly stands up, Suho quickly takes off his jacket and wraps it around the boy's shoulders. He looks over at Kai, who is busy tending to his own burn wound; probably from Heechul.
"B-Before..." Sehun hugs himself. "Before...I out...I saw...a wolf."
"A wolf?" Suho sighs and glances back at Kai. He nods and pulls Sehun's closer protectively. "It's time we talk about some somethings."
"Like how Siwon's your brother?" Sehun asks, his wet hair sticking to his forehead.
Suho looks pained at that. "Ah..."
"It's okay," Sehun whispers but Kai frowns.
"No, it's not. Letting you go off alone almost killed you! We should have warned him, Suho! Shown him a picture or something. We need to keep someone with him at all times!"
"I know!" Suho snaps. "I know..." He shakes his head as he puts his hand on Sehun's back. "Come...we have much to talk about."


Sehun sits by the fireplace as he tries to warm up. He stares at the pink, fleshy burn on his arm, grimacing at the blisters. Suho slowly sits on the couch nearby, guilt paints his face. "Sehun..."
"It's okay, Suho," Sehun smiles weakly. "Really."
"No," He sighs. "Kai is right. I shouldn't keep secrets." He fiddles with a photo nervously before handing it to Sehun. Looking at it, he notices both Siwon and Suho in it. They're standing beside each other as teenagers, smiling widely. "It's true that we're brothers," He smiles sadly. "But...we're enemies now."
"But...why?" Sehun asks, handing it back. "Why fight your brother?"
"It's not my choice, believe me," Suho admits. Sehun watches as Lay comes over to kneel beside Sehun. He gently picks Sehun's arm up, hovering his hand over it as soft mist illuminates.
"I'm sorry, Sehun," Lay smiles tightly. "I can stop it from hurting a bit but I'll have to use first aid to fully heal it."
"It's fine, Lay. Thanks." Sehun watches as the man walks off to go collect the proper stuff.
Suho does so as well but sadly. "Ever since Kris died...Lay's healing isn't strong."
"What?"
"Kris was Lay's lover," Suho explains. "When he died...Lay's light dimmed immensely."
"Oh," Sehun stares at Lay sadly as he searches cabinets.
"He used to be able to heal complete stab wounds, even bring dead plants and animals back to life."
Sehun looks away. "What happened between Siwon and you?"
"In a way, I think he blames magic for our parent's death," Suho continues. "They were...killed by someone of magical abilities. I was too young and weak to help."
"He blames you?"
Suho nods. "All I could do was watch...I was too weak." By the grim look on Suho's face, Sehun could tell he blames himself too.
"I don't think that's your fault, Suho."
"Ah..." Suho laughs. "You're just being kind." He gets up and kneels beside Sehun. He raises his hand over the burn, water forming. He envelopes the wound with cool water, causing Sehun to let out a sigh of relief.
"Um..." Sehun watches the water carefully, trying to not become anxious. He looks away when he remembers the way Siwon slowly watched him as he drowns. "Did Kai...save me? Was he the wolf I saw?"
Suho lets out a sigh and nods. "Yes...Kai is one of our shifters."
"Is he alright? Was he hurt badly?"
"No," Suho shakes his head. "Just some very mild burns. Yours is far worse."
Sehun looks at the fire, the crackling causing him to slowly move away from it. 
"Are you all wolves?"
"No. Just a couple of us. Baekhyun, Kai, Chanyeol, and I."
He doesn't watch when Lay returns and takes Suho's spot. He begins to work on patching him up. Sehun accepts when given ibuprofen. 
"Does everyone else know?" Sehun asks and Suho nods. All of them sit in silences as Lay works. After a moment, Lay stands up, followed by Suho.
"You need rest, Sehun," Suho says in almost a whisper. "We'll...continue your training when you feel well again."
Sehun can tell by his voice that the leader is beating himself up. He almost lost another member. Sehun frowns. He put himself in the stupid situation, not Suho. He should have at least brought another member with him...

Just when he thought his day couldn't get worse, he looks down at his camera.

Broken.